Wakarusa Music Fest Creates Wave Of P...

Wakarusa Music Fest Creates Wave Of People

There are 3 comments on the 5News KFSM story from Jun 4, 2010, titled Wakarusa Music Fest Creates Wave Of People. In it, 5News KFSM reports that:

Wakarusa 2010: organizers say it's one of the biggest music festivals in the Midwest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 5News KFSM.

Diane

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#2 Jun 5, 2010
I must agree with Jim Kirk on his comments about Waukarusa. i live on 23 and fear the problems to come with congested traffic, my husband and children driving back and forth to work and worship services, what if we who live here and pay the taxes have an emergency of fire or medical needs and or being harassed by these people for rides (I haven't yet, but my friends down the road have been). What if we have a big police need in our own town or towns affected nearby? These people need the Lord, but don't need a free range where they can as the girl told your reporter DO WHATEVER THEY LIKE WHENEVER THEY WANT TO AND NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.Yes, and who is really making the money here while our police and emt's are being monopolized and our roads congested with people riding on the tops of cars and yelling obscene things, bumper to bumper down our road? I fear for our future of peaceful living which is why we are here not in some city concert. What of the wildlife with all this loud music going on for days? This can only lead to more serious problems with people coming in TO DO WHAT THEY WANT WHENEVER THEY WANT AND NO ONE CARES? WELL< WE DO CARE DON'T WE HOMETOWN PEOPLE? I fear for my young daughter as she leaves for work early in the morning when these people are congesting the roads and some hitchiking.They drove them out of Kansas, I know because my niece lives there. Are we actually dumb enough to let them stay here so Brett can make his million and the owners of the place where it is held, and the rest of us get the nusiances, inconveniences, and dangers? It WILL GET WORSE EVERY YEAR PEOPLE!
SpiralOut

Conway, AR

#4 Jun 7, 2010
Diane, you're well within your rights to be worried about the traffic congestion and myriad of possibilities that come with a big festival like this, but you're tainting these rational concerns with ignorance and poor judgment. Wakarusa is an annual event that lasts just a few days, provides entertainment and social interaction to thousands of people, and boosts your local economy. Yes, there will always be careless, annoying, and even unethical people within such a large group, but that's not a valid argument for moving the festival. You say "these people need the Lord," but can you think of a better place to find him than the lush, Eden-like Ozarks? God is on that mountain, and everywhere around it, if you take the time to look. You may not understand why my friends and I look the way we do, like the music we like, or drive across the country to camp and interact in a beautiful, peaceful setting, but please respect our right to do so. Let those who break the law be punished by law enforcement, and those who break God's law be punished by Him, but most of us are good, honest people who just want a break from the city life for a weekend.
thankyouozark

Baton Rouge, LA

#5 Jun 8, 2010
SpiralOut did a good job of summing up my thoughts. I was at the festival last weekend and can say that it was a very rewarding experience with the vast majority of attendees acting in a positive way which is not present in today's society. I really do appreciate the people of Arkansas dealing with the increased traffic and I hope they'll have us back for years to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ozark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fat Tuesday's (Aug '15) Sep '17 rob 3
hey yall im shaylece we can talk about ne thing (Jun '07) Aug '17 Toledo 10
Hustle Charley (Nov '16) Jun '17 cha ching 29
Warden Compound Jun '17 Curious 1
Who knows James Chandler (Apr '17) Apr '17 Guest 2
News Warrant Issued Over False Accusations (Oct '09) Feb '17 Justice Will Come 3
News Dispatcher Fired, Officer Placed On Leave After... (Oct '16) Feb '17 Justice Will Come 3

Ozark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ozark Mortgages