Franklin County Half-Way House Offers...

Franklin County Half-Way House Offers Hope For Non-Violent Female O...

There are 49 comments on the 5News KFSM story from Jul 16, 2010, titled Franklin County Half-Way House Offers Hope For Non-Violent Female O.... In it, 5News KFSM reports that:

She is the owner of a multi-million dollar construction company, but few people know she was once a drug addict.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 5News KFSM.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tammy Bean

Clarksville, AR

#56 Jul 22, 2010
Susan, I am so proud of you! You & I both had a very serious drug habit & we are living proof that a drug addict can overcome their addiction. I know you will agree with me that having someone to care about you when you get home has a lot to do with our recovery. However some people don't have the family support like we did. What you are doing could possibly give those women that support that so vital to having a normal sober life after the drugs. I commend you for what you are doing & the ministry that you also do. Having God in your life is also very important to reaching the point of RETURN. I love you very much. You are an inspiration. Good luck with all of it. Would like to see you. You know where I am.
Your friend & former drug buddy,
Tammy Bean
lori west

United States

#57 Aug 4, 2010
William wrote:
I applaud the women for standing up and doing what they feel needs to be done! This is a wonderful thing being done... Thank you for caring about the people that society has turned their backs on and giving them a chance to prove that they have paid their debt and are ready to become a respected member of society...
there is no doubt that these women need help! these are women whom have been given more than one chance an gone back to prison, i live in this community an my husband has work his rear off to provide for me an our kids an i refuse to see something like this come in an see my kids be put in a situation like this...we as the community is gonna fight it...there wont be any i tld u so's....
pay back

Van Buren, AR

#58 Aug 7, 2010
Angie Deck wrote:
Pro. 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth!
choice--i think not

North Little Rock, AR

#59 Aug 7, 2010
Angie Deck wrote:
<quoted text>These woman will have a "choice" about going to church, when they are interviewed they will be informed that this is one of the requirements to live in this house, if they don't want to attend church then they will simply have to find another place to live...we have found that "LOVE" goes a lot further and is more effective. GOD is LOVE!!!
You are very contradicting in your statement.
First you say they have a choice about going to church; then you state that that choice is stay here to don't come here. That MEANS if they go they HAVE NO CHOICE to attend church or NOT attend church. Try to understand what you're typing before you reply.

Of course everyone has choices. For example. I get a job at xyz company but I don't like the fact that I am not allowed to wear gray slacks. I have NO CHOICE but to wear the color of slacks that is permitted in the company's business attire policy. HOWEVER, I do have a choice to LEAVE my current employment and wear my gray slacks at home. Do you realize how stupid and ignorant your response sounds?
Anita McCormick

Ozark, AR

#60 Oct 2, 2010
IF anyone out there thinks this is a good thing ; I CORDIALLY INVITE you to go to the location, see this place for yourself ,then ,form an opinion. This is NOT the PLACE to put people with past drug or criminal histories!!!!!!!
ciji

Ozark, AR

#61 Oct 2, 2010
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Beth. That is a BAD location to place such a facility. I used to live in Denning & I was afraid to travel in that area alone after dark....
You were afraid to travel in Denning after dark.... something about this statement makes me laugh.
Carolyn Ivey

Ozark, AR

#62 Oct 2, 2010
Earl wrote:
These six women will be nothing compared to all of the thieves, child molesters, and meth cooks (i.e. felons) living and operating in Franklin county who haven't been caught yet. What's more frightening...the known or the unknown? Obviously, the unknown is a lot easier to ignore.
Earl I agree with your quote. We hear almost every day about some lab uncovered, some child molester not registered, someone caught stealing, but we do not, of course, hear about the 98% of these felons who are doing the illegal things right under our noses. These women have paid the price for doing wrong and need a place to go. Yes, I would take one or even 2 in if I could. I think that is the Christian thing to do.

Some of the comments are based on Martha's love of the Dollar. She is a business woman and as owner of a business I suppose you are correct in that she loves the Dollar. She has a business to run. One of the commentors makes me laugh about the statement as she is one of the lovers of the almighty Doller herself!

It is indeed a case of worrying over something that hasn't happened yet. Worry is like sitting in a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but you don't get anywhere. Ponder on that one for a few minutes. If you are worried about what is going on in that house then volunteer a few hours a week to help them by teaching them to read, write, or sew, etc.
Kendra Wiley

Clarksville, AR

#63 Jan 31, 2012
Justin McC wrote:
If people would know this multi million dollar woman they would know she LOVES money, and wants as much praise as possible.:) This is a ridiculious place to put the house. As others have stated it is in a rural area with CHILDREN. It is bad enough without the FELONS living in the neighborhood. I strongly believe that these women need to be supervised at ALL times. Set up a home for single families, or abused women, something safe for the community. Safety is priority. Like some people have said, move them in next door to you and your family. Go ahead, I'm sure it will be fine hearing a gunshot or drugs passed around while your child is jumping on the trampoline fifty feet away. Do they need help? absolutely! In this location? Absolutley not?
Having a shelter for battered women isn't safe either. They are there to get away from abuse , if the abuser shows up then it is no longer safe
Kendra Wiley

Clarksville, AR

#64 Jan 31, 2012
Beth Mazzone wrote:
<quoted text>
The information I am basing my opinion on has come directly from Susan English and Martha Moore. The women being considered will be parol violators, meaning they have been released once already. The women will have to go thru regular drug testing. They have abused drugs and/ or alcohol.
If Martha was truly being a 'good' Christian, as she inferred I was not, she would be doing more to allay our doubts and fears. Instead I was told by her that she will do whatever she wants on her property. This facility is going in whether I like it or not.
'
When you get out of prison drug tests are required no matter what the offense was

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ozark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police name victim, arrest 3 in Ozark shooting Aug 15 Bill 1
News 2 deny counts tied to starving horses Aug 7 Smarter n u 3
Parks Plantation History (Feb '11) May '16 Helen Gilbreth 6
ozark (Nov '13) May '16 yeah 5
Shanon and Cathy (Sep '15) Mar '16 Mindmyown 2
looking for a guy named.... (Jun '14) Mar '16 In search of 2
News Ten-Year-Old Tasered in Arkansas (Nov '09) Jan '16 jwmccbae 296

Ozark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance