Concerned Neighbor

Paris, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2007

I heard rumors that a local preacher was busted in a sting operation at the rest area between Clarksville and Russellville. I did some searching on the web and found three articles in the Russellville Courier confirming that Ron (Ronnie) Townley, 51, of Ozark, was arrested and plead guilty to charges stemming from a sting operation at the rest area last June (2006). It's seven months later, how is this man still preaching?
4303JTW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2007

I heard that he had been arrested in Il. a year or two ago. Anyone have any information?
Outraged Apostolic

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2007

I heard that a leadership council (comprised of Apostolic Ministers )was being convened to get this guy off the hook.
Why don't they judge each other like they would judge gay saints, and just kick them out without any compassion or dignity.. I saw kick him out and let him deal with his stuff like the saints have to...
Enough of the Minesterial ELITE !!
Needs to know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2007

What news paper did you find your information? I need to know I have been trying to get some one to go to His church.
A Friend

Siloam Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2007

Needs to know wrote:
What news paper did you find your information? I need to know I have been trying to get some one to go to His church.
It was the Russellville Courier Democrat.
A Friend

Siloam Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2007

4303JTW wrote:
I heard that he had been arrested in Il. a year or two ago. Anyone have any information?
Do you have any hard facts on this? If so, I would really like to see it.
shaylece aka cherry

Perkasie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

hey
Golf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

What town in Il, was he arrested in?
Special Forces

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2007

Why would he plead guilty at all if he wasnt
friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2007

Special Forces wrote:
Why would he plead guilty at all if he wasnt
did not plead guilty....wasn't covered up...people need to get their facts straight
SPARTAN

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

its all true.Look up Russellville courier in month of mar thur june 2006.where happened at rest stop on interestate 40. still preaches smack in middle of donwtown OZARK ARKANSAS. THE MOST CHARISMACTIC CHURCH IN COUNTY.
Friend

Buckner, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

SPARTAN wrote:
its all true.Look up Russellville courier in month of mar thur june 2006.where happened at rest stop on interestate 40. still preaches smack in middle of donwtown OZARK ARKANSAS. THE MOST CHARISMACTIC CHURCH IN COUNTY.
You must not know what a charismatic church is..He is one of the most conservative churches in arkanas....

The man was never charged...it was a farce from the lovely russelville police force....

don't believe evrything you read in the papers
truth

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2007

He was charged with loitering, and having a loaded weapon in his truck. He plead guilty to the weapon change and they dropped the loitering charge. Its called plea bargaining. All criminals do it.

There is a web site going up that will have the police report and court documents. Which are all public info under The U.S. Freedom of Information Act.
One of the conditions of his plea was being "banned from all rest areas"
A FRIEND

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

He was stopped at a rest stop with other people in his truck. he was NOT busted for the loitering ,nor done any plea bargaining. he volunteered the info on the pistol. still carries it far as i know. the cop followed him all the way to his truck trying to offer him lewd acts! he made the cop mad, so he wouldnt let him go. he simply stopped to go to the restroom like we all do in our 50s, about every 30 minutes. he is being harrassed by local UPC preachers because he IS conservative.and police because he IS conservative.
facts

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2007

anybody who wants to know the facts about this.email "preacherozark@yahoo.com ". police report,court documents and newspaper articles are accesible. it is humorus how easy people are fooled sometimes!!!
legaleze

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2007

being involved with a municipal court i find it humorous that they can charge you with whatever they want. and usually make it look good.sometimes even making it stick. you dont anger or try to get even with the police, you will go down! i know he suggested the cop was an idiot.it doesnt go over very well to do that.especially the elite undercovers. especially in podunk ark. he wanted to bust every male that stopped to pee. if its in the paper ,you should get facts elsewhere.the locals are not the ones to get it from.
common sense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

hey legaleze. i was wondering if you were drunk when you made this entry on oct 16?
legaleze

Newcastle, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2007

common sense , drunk? no. have you been around the sheriffs office much? if you have a screwdriver in your trunk?=concealed weapon. hair clip, paper clip, small mirror, tweezers?=drug paraphernalia. anything to cover for their harassment.that is to insure a reason for detaining you in the first place. thats not just my opinion, i dont even like the fact that it happens, but its too common.the police are not superhuman beings,just normal,common ,everyday people. some cant get a job doing anything else because they cant interact with the general population.most have a self esteem problem and try to bring everyone else down to their level. they are not perfect, they will do what they want when you make them look stupid in front of someone. then it gets in the papers.the average citizen believes everything he reads in the local rag. notice most of these comments start with "i heard". well, i "heard" from his own wife, which seen it, that the cop followed him to the truck. he made the cop look stupid in front of others. they think they are the law. the "law" said, "if you push this we will ruin you". ask his wife, she heard it.the best part is,in spite of others spreading rumors and lies, his church is doing great, probably better this year than ever.we will see what the future holds.
ozarknative

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Judged:

Well this preacher, as of last month was caught doing oral service in his church with another member of this church, ask me if your going to perform such services find some place more private.
stupid locator

Buckner, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Judged:

ozarknative wrote:
Well this preacher, as of last month was caught doing oral service in his church with another member of this church, ask me if your going to perform such services find some place more private.
hhhhaaaaaahhaaaaahhaaaaaa.. you are stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of81
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Ozark Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ozark People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••