created by: Rick | Jun 8, 2010

Arkansas

5,869 votes

Did you vote today?

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
17,861 - 17,880 of 29,635 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Reality Check

Conway, AR

#18932 Dec 2, 2012
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
What most of you fail to recognize, personal responsibility is a integral part of most Democrats lives, just as it to most Republicans. We pay our bills, we educate our children, we pay our taxes, we are faithful to the same God and to our families. Yet your side makes a concerted effort to demonize any opposing philosophy in order to sway those unable (or unwilling) to grasp the whole picture. I'm not blaming your side for that, afterall it is in the best interests of your Party to cater to the people who pay for their political aspirations.
Concerning Welfare, it is seemingly the policy of your Party to confuse Social Security and Medicare with Medicaid and the chronically unemployed, or for that matter any give-away program. BTW, many Medicaid recipients voted Republican, and that's a fact.
Do you not think that most Democrats realize the abuse? Do you not think that most Democrats realize that drastic change needs to be made?
It's my way or the Highway with your leadership...resulting in gridlock, a gridlock that will hound this Country until cooler heads are prevail.
I'm done with this thread, I enjoy messing with the rednecks, that's why I'm here..
Not a Republican nor would I ever be. They are just as crooked as the Democrats. I am proudly an independent. We will just agree to disagree.
bo t

Searcy, AR

#18933 Dec 2, 2012
Quit hatin

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18934 Dec 2, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>and i garuntee you those democrats are making correct and smart decisions with their money the same as warren buffet... and he supports smart republicans ... the few they have left... the same republicans ready to make a deal .. not the ones that signed a pledge... and umm .. i'm sorry to tell you but there are only 109 millionaire dems in congress and 140 repubs ..with special interest groups theres no telling the true number of millionairs and billionares have their greedy little hands in all 140 of those republicans back pockets... and i don't know everything i just know ALOT about ALOT
Does it really matter who is a millionaire and what political party they affiliate themselves with? Shouldn't we all be happy that some people have done extremely well for themselves and that we all have the opportunity to prosper in this country, even if we were born very poor?

In too many places, if you are born a peasant, you will forever remain a peasant.

If you ever become rich, I will fight to keep Big Brothers hands out of your pocket too.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18935 Dec 2, 2012
Old Army wrote:
Not putting anyone down, but a lot of people don't know how much their tax liablity is, they only know if they are getting a refund or not. Aside from Earned Income Credit, if they get a large refund, they have made a zero interest loan to Uncle Sam.
Even worse, if they have any debts, they have only prolonged paying them down and have paid more in interest over the term of their loan than is necessary. Just one example of how the poor get poorer.
Old Army

Romance, AR

#18936 Dec 2, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text> tried how ? by telling blatent lies that have no factual base whatsoever?... and no i launch into a factually speaking rambling tirade that would make since to any normal person who is actually paying attention to what is going on in today's world... and i've factually defended my position hundreds of times on here now.. there is not one place on here you can point to that i was lieing...i said republicans do not have a plan because they don't... if you find a credibal one let me know.. i mean if that is the truth then why's that so hard for republicans to accept... obama has did the greatest thing in this country in recent decades by ensuring all citizens are medically covered .. one of the last civilized nations to do so which is pretty imbarrising... and they've taken steps to reducing the debt by over 250B on their own but .. he has not did antyhing because republicans even though they voted to raise the debt ceiling under bush .. even boehner voted 3 times himself.. will not come up with a "plan" because they are just happy with the current tax rates and the economy situation... when they have fear and alot of jobs and stocks tied up through special interest such as CEO's and other peopple.. then they control a majority of the US .. why should they concede to any other type of proposal when they can just keep things the way they are? why should the white house propose an offer first to the HOUSE when that's where all budget bills and talk are supposed to ORIGINATE...congress is wanting us to pay them not to work and don't think that's how that's suppsoed to work.. this lame duck congress will not last..so yes republicans are the irresponsible ones.. they have had all this time to try and cross party aisles and come up with plans and budgets and they did not have not and will not.. the one budget... the "ryan budget" was laughed at by even those within his own party and hasn't been talked about since it was first proposed.. lol .. don't be so gullable and look stuff up .. in an old saying how many republicans does it take to change a light bulb? TEN:
1. One to deny that a light bulb needs to be changed,
2. One to attack the patriotism of anyone who says the light bulb needs to be changed,
3. One to blame Clinton for burning out the light bulb,
4. One to tell the nations of the world that they are either for changing the light bulb or for eternal darkness,
5. One to give a billion dollar no-bid contract to Halliburton for the new light bulb,
6. One to arrange a photograph of Bush, dressed as a janitor, standing on a step ladder under the banner "Bulb Accomplished,"
7. One administration insider to resign and in detail reveal how Bush was literally "in the dark" the whole time,
8. One to viciously smear #7,
9. One surrogate to campaign on TV and at rallies on how John McCain has had a strong light bulb-changing policy all along,
10. And finally, one to confuse Americans about the difference between screwing a light bulb and screwing the country.
And after all is said and done, no one will notice that they never actually managed to change the light bulb
Your light bulb joke was kinda funny but you do realize you could replace Republicans with Democrats and it would still be funny and just as stupid. I did notice that this cut and paste from you had proper grammar and punctuation. You should cut and paste more often, while Barney should do it less. Your mind is still a terrible thing to waste. Its too late for Barney, his mind is like a steel trap.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18937 Dec 2, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I love how all these fools brag about how much money they get back at the end of the year. I want to get ZERO back. I want my money working for me!
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>your money does work for you everytime you drive down the road, walk into a school, get treated in the emergency room, everytime you may draw unemployment, everytime we have congress or the president elected, or any other elected official, and anytime we go to war. i mean really where do you guys think taxes go?
So you think it's good that you pay more in taxes than you need to, that the governments earns interest on that money, you stay in debt longer, and pay more interest than necessary on your loans, and then you get excited about a refund of that overpayment?
<rolls eyes>

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18938 Dec 2, 2012
You Are a Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a man of your wealth have such a penchant for free entertainment? Kind of slumming aren't you?
Do you think people become wealthy by spending their money on entertainment?
Old Army

Romance, AR

#18939 Dec 2, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
The color of the persons skin is irrelevant.
Other words, "two wrongs do not make a right".
That's what I've been trying to tell you. There are only two types of people: Normal and screwballs. You, Know Nothin, and Billy Bob belong to the latter group. I'm glad I'm okay.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18940 Dec 2, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>we live in a country of freedom and choice... it is noone's right, responsibility, or duty to impose religous beliefs on anyone who does not want to accept them or knows nothing about what the abortion war that's being waged today is all about... you are asking people who have been raped through no fault of their own to carry that baby... you are asking a woman who is lieing on her death bed and may be the only available loved one left to care for that child to go ahead and die and leave their own kid left to fend for themselves with no family due to pregnancy complications...your asking somones daughter who may have been raped by her father or uncle to carry that child.. as you know nearly all abortions take place in the first trimester, when a fetus cannot exist independent of the mother...as it is attached by the placenta and umbilical cord.. its health is dependent on her health and cannot be regarded as a separate entity as it cannot exist outside her womb ...religion has no places in politics.
Abortion is NOT a political issue. Politicians need to quit acting like it is. It is a moral issue. We all have different morals.
Reality is, there is a BABY in there- no matter how many months along it is.

Some people always have to bring rape into the equation when the topic of abortion comes up. More often than not, it is NOT from a rape. It is from two irresponsible people playing grown-up and craeting a child they both KNOW they could be creating because it feels good and they don't have the wherewithall to say "NO" and mean it. This goes for BOTH parties. Once they realize how "inconvenienced" they will be with a kid, they decide the baby should pay with it's life for their stupid, self-centered moment of fun.

I say tough. You created it, you KNEW you were possibly creating it- Now act like the responsible adult you were trying to be during your moment of adult fun and raise your kid! If you really are that SELFISH and don't want to be bothered by "IT," then adopt it out to someone who truly wants a child.

BTW, I also believe that the woman should not have the final say in the matter. The baby belongs to TWO PEOPLE EQUALLY, not just one. The man should have half of the decision. If he wants his child, she carries it to term, like it or not!
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#18941 Dec 2, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time. We will use these numbes this time.$4 trillion over 10 years is only $400 billion per year, not $4 trillion every single year. We have a $1.4 trillion dollar deficit every year which is, using your new numbers, still $1 trillion short each and every year. So we are all on the same page,$1 trillion X 10 years=$10 trillion in the red. Combine that with the $16 trillion we already owe and you come up with a disturbing $26 trillion dollars in total debt. That's $157,575.75 of debt that every single one of the 165 million working Americans in this country will owe. This is all assuming that our government will freeze spending at our current irresponsible levels. We both know that won't happen. Please tell me you understand this time. I'm trying to be patient. To your credit, you are the first liberal to take my challenge of defending the left's position. I give you props for that.
ok here's the CBO report that was released on it http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil... ... the goal is to control and pay down the deficit .. we're already in the crapper now we have to dig our way out if that makes sense? after we get our credit rating back the republicans were so eager to let us lose ... then everything will get alot easier... debt will paid down with respect to GDP.. but first we must put certainty back into americans and the worlds minds that we can actually act responsibly to balance a budget.. and over the next several years you will see things begin to change.. things will get better for us and in turn will gradually get better for the world.. just like i have been saying all along though we have to have compromise of some sort in the republican controlled house.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#18942 Dec 2, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it really matter who is a millionaire and what political party they affiliate themselves with? Shouldn't we all be happy that some people have done extremely well for themselves and that we all have the opportunity to prosper in this country, even if we were born very poor?
In too many places, if you are born a peasant, you will forever remain a peasant.
If you ever become rich, I will fight to keep Big Brothers hands out of your pocket too.
answer to first question is yes, answer to second is of course yes... i agree with the latter but dissagree with the first simply because there are some people who succeed only because they inherited something ... and never went through the hard times to see the good .. have never had a "need" or a "want".. those are people that are in the republican party that are WAY to extreme.. and good sir there are tooo many places where people do not have the opprotunity to fullfill their true potential .. but if i ever.. i mean ever .. become one of those people who make over 250,000 a year i will be happy .. more than happy to pay more than my fair share in taxes .. raise the rates to 50% i'd be ok with that and gladly pay it...i could live more than comfortably off of just 100,000 a year ... mmore is not always what it means ..i would not want for more because in my eyese with that income i would be rich ...and if you count the things that are most important in your life that money can't buy ...then you're always rich.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#18943 Dec 2, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Your light bulb joke was kinda funny but you do realize you could replace Republicans with Democrats and it would still be funny and just as stupid. I did notice that this cut and paste from you had proper grammar and punctuation. You should cut and paste more often, while Barney should do it less. Your mind is still a terrible thing to waste. Its too late for Barney, his mind is like a steel trap.
yah um no actually you couldn't.. did you even read the joke?... lol so ok um .. i really don't care about if i misspell some words or do not punctuate correctly as long as i get my point across .. unless you need the punctuations and spelling to read right.. in that case i'm sure your RON BURGANDY? lol hope that sinks in there ron
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#18944 Dec 2, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I love how all these fools brag about how much money they get back at the end of the year. I want to get ZERO back. I want my money working for me!
<quoted text>
So you think it's good that you pay more in taxes than you need to, that the governments earns interest on that money, you stay in debt longer, and pay more interest than necessary on your loans, and then you get excited about a refund of that overpayment?
<rolls eyes>
where did i say that we pay more in taxes than we need too?.. and what interest ?.. and who's in debt longer?... and what extra interest am i paying? rates are at their lowest point in YEARS.. right? lol what refund are you talking about the bush refund?.. lol i didn't want it to begin with because that is about the most irresponsible thing anyone could of did with that money... what a joke don't base your opinion on all that is fact ... laughable.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#18945 Dec 2, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is NOT a political issue. Politicians need to quit acting like it is. It is a moral issue. We all have different morals.
Reality is, there is a BABY in there- no matter how many months along it is.
Some people always have to bring rape into the equation when the topic of abortion comes up. More often than not, it is NOT from a rape. It is from two irresponsible people playing grown-up and craeting a child they both KNOW they could be creating because it feels good and they don't have the wherewithall to say "NO" and mean it. This goes for BOTH parties. Once they realize how "inconvenienced" they will be with a kid, they decide the baby should pay with it's life for their stupid, self-centered moment of fun.
I say tough. You created it, you KNEW you were possibly creating it- Now act like the responsible adult you were trying to be during your moment of adult fun and raise your kid! If you really are that SELFISH and don't want to be bothered by "IT," then adopt it out to someone who truly wants a child.
BTW, I also believe that the woman should not have the final say in the matter. The baby belongs to TWO PEOPLE EQUALLY, not just one. The man should have half of the decision. If he wants his child, she carries it to term, like it or not!
i love that you threw the "BTW, I also believe" in there after you stated everything in this post based on what YOU BELIEVE lol .. is religion not a belief?..look you can look at it from your point of view .. but ... during the first trimester.. when almost alllll abortions occur.. the baby cannot live without the mother .. so by that term not actually alive.. what are you going to do if the mother was to die? save the baby?.. impossible... if that young person or however your demonizing them up there ... wants an abortion and doesn't want the baby .. guess what they're not gonna have that baby.. roe vs wade was inacted for a reason.... ok so force them to have the baby and adopt it out.. then what are you gonna do if the mother kills herself for actually having the kid .. what if the father fills and does the same thing?.. now what?.. and yah it kinda is up to the mother sense like i said before .. the baby cannnnnooootttt survive without her... there is no person williing to sign a law to force someone to carry an unwanted pregnancy so get that out of your thick skull... the world and united states is trending away from that "belief"... ok so lets don't have the parents kill themselves but they still don't want the kid.. lets have them keep the kid and live in poverty so we can pay for everything for them ... thought you republicans didn't want that .. well newsflash for ya ...dems don't like it either... and do not encourage it unlike republicans... ok so lets allow abortions for rape incest and life of the mother like it seems that your proposing there... so everyone else that doesn't fall into that category should be forced bear an unwanted child?.. and go through the scenarios i presented... what if that household beats the holy hell out of that kid and demonizes them their whole life... would you want a kid to live through that? do you thinkn the kid would want to live through that? don't you think that kid might develop mental illness or even commit suicide?... get real with your way of thinking the more people that don't want to have a kid that have abortions the better... we don't have to pay or put a kid through something neither one of the parents are wanting to commit too... and i'm sure their taxpaying neighbor down the road would applaud them too so he didn't have to pay welfare on that family too.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#18946 Dec 2, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is NOT a political issue. Politicians need to quit acting like it is. It is a moral issue. We all have different morals.
Reality is, there is a BABY in there- no matter how many months along it is.
Some people always have to bring rape into the equation when the topic of abortion comes up. More often than not, it is NOT from a rape. It is from two irresponsible people playing grown-up and craeting a child they both KNOW they could be creating because it feels good and they don't have the wherewithall to say "NO" and mean it. This goes for BOTH parties. Once they realize how "inconvenienced" they will be with a kid, they decide the baby should pay with it's life for their stupid, self-centered moment of fun.
I say tough. You created it, you KNEW you were possibly creating it- Now act like the responsible adult you were trying to be during your moment of adult fun and raise your kid! If you really are that SELFISH and don't want to be bothered by "IT," then adopt it out to someone who truly wants a child.
BTW, I also believe that the woman should not have the final say in the matter. The baby belongs to TWO PEOPLE EQUALLY, not just one. The man should have half of the decision. If he wants his child, she carries it to term, like it or not!
but i must agree with you it is not a political issue, it is a religous belief that has no place in politics.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#18947 Dec 2, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is NOT a political issue. Politicians need to quit acting like it is. It is a moral issue. We all have different morals.
Reality is, there is a BABY in there- no matter how many months along it is.
Some people always have to bring rape into the equation when the topic of abortion comes up. More often than not, it is NOT from a rape. It is from two irresponsible people playing grown-up and craeting a child they both KNOW they could be creating because it feels good and they don't have the wherewithall to say "NO" and mean it. This goes for BOTH parties. Once they realize how "inconvenienced" they will be with a kid, they decide the baby should pay with it's life for their stupid, self-centered moment of fun.
I say tough. You created it, you KNEW you were possibly creating it- Now act like the responsible adult you were trying to be during your moment of adult fun and raise your kid! If you really are that SELFISH and don't want to be bothered by "IT," then adopt it out to someone who truly wants a child.
BTW, I also believe that the woman should not have the final say in the matter. The baby belongs to TWO PEOPLE EQUALLY, not just one. The man should have half of the decision. If he wants his child, she carries it to term, like it or not!
and your way of believing is exactly why it shouldn't be politicized... roe vs wade was inacted for a reason.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#18948 Dec 3, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>answer to first question is yes, answer to second is of course yes... i agree with the latter but dissagree with the first simply because there are some people who succeed only because they inherited something ... and never went through the hard times to see the good .. have never had a "need" or a "want".. those are people that are in the republican party that are WAY to extreme.. and good sir there are tooo many places where people do not have the opprotunity to fullfill their true potential .. but if i ever.. i mean ever .. become one of those people who make over 250,000 a year i will be happy .. more than happy to pay more than my fair share in taxes .. raise the rates to 50% i'd be ok with that and gladly pay it...i could live more than comfortably off of just 100,000 a year ... mmore is not always what it means ..i would not want for more because in my eyese with that income i would be rich ...and if you count the things that are most important in your life that money can't buy ...then you're always rich.
Its called luck when you inherit something. Just the same as when you inherit good healthy genetics or bad genitics. Why shouldnt my ancestors benifit from my hard work & success? I believe in reincarnation you benifit in this life from what you did in the past. Whose to say that I wont reincarnate into the same family in the future. Its not the goverments money its mine, The goverment had ought naught to do with my earning it. Its already been taxed when I earned it. Its redundant to tax it again when my children inerit. And its easy to make statements like if ? I will gladly pay 50%. No you wouldnt that isnt true. I dont make $250,000 and I shure hate to give the goverment any tax money.. the goverment just wastes it anyway, The USA doesnt have a problem of not enough taxes. The goverment has a parasite problem and a spending problem.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

#18949 Dec 3, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am saying that half (165 million) of American's recieve government assistance of some sort and to some degree. The "rich" (income above $250K) in this country constitute only 2%(6.2 million). It stands to reason that there is a better chance of abuse if you have 165 million different personalities in a program than 6.2 million different personalities getting tax breaks. Why would you think I thought this a moral issue? Just curious.
I just wanted to see what your spin would be on that one.

I knew damn well, what you meant by it.
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

#18950 Dec 3, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted to see what your spin would be on that one.
I knew damn well, what you meant by it.
You have to have your mittens marked left and right and you want us to believe that you are able to analyze others, your being delusional.
frank

Oklahoma City, OK

#18951 Dec 3, 2012
nobody is voting today heres a news flash the election is over give it a damn rest!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ozark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 1 hr bird man 9,872
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Aug 25 Curmudgeon 3,838
Looking for Archie Wallace formerly a member of... (Apr '11) Aug 24 TR Materene 3
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) Aug 24 guest 261
Who do you support for Treasurer in Arkansas in... (Oct '10) Aug 24 guest 208
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) Aug 24 Voodoo Chile 943
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) Aug 24 guest 834
•••
•••
•••

Ozark Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ozark People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Ozark News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ozark
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••