Why is there no growth in Ozark?

Posted in the Ozark Forum

James Joseph

Orlando, FL

#1 Jul 27, 2010
I grew up in Ozark. I left after graduation over 30 yrs ago. I went back last month for the first time since I left. It hasn't progressed any. What does the Chamber of Commerce do there? Besides take the taxpayers money.
HereThereEverywh ere

Fort Scott, KS

#2 Nov 24, 2010
I actually thought when we were there in the 2002-2004 that they were moving ahead and bringing in a few small businesses including smaller retail. 30 years is a long time, the old "You can't go home again." Most people complain about a place changing too much. I found Ozark very pleasant and friendly and wish we had stayed there.
jmftem

Monticello, GA

#3 Nov 28, 2010
Old Money.
lisa salters

Prudenville, MI

#4 Dec 5, 2010
well I lived in ozark alabama for 29 years and I moved out of there..... And will never move back back in 1998 police dept was so much better..... Know the cops think they know it all yea right...and the people that works for court house it's so sad how they just let anyone become a police officer.and bad thing is one police officer it took him almost a year too finish. No damn wonder why ozark alabama has become shit..
lisa salters

Prudenville, MI

#5 Dec 5, 2010
James Joseph wrote:
I grew up in Ozark. I left after graduation over 30 yrs ago. I went back last month for the first time since I left. It hasn't progressed any. What does the Chamber of Commerce do there? Besides take the taxpayers money.
yea me 2 it's not same at all the damn police deptment will hire anyone know and all they do is take ur money it's a shame that ozark use 2 be ok when this new won't 2 be cops come in it all went down hill they don't won't they hell they doing
lisa salters

Prudenville, MI

#6 Dec 5, 2010
WHAT HAPPENED TOO OZARK ALABAMA .BOY I CAN KEEP GOING. THE BEST THING THEY DID WAS VOTE IN WALLY.... HE DOES HIS BEST. BUT HE CAN't DO IT ALL ALONE.. WONDER WHY KNOW THERE's SO MANY DEMESTIC SHIT's GOING ON BECAUSE WHEN You DO CALL POLICE THEY DON't KNOW WHAT THE HELL TOO DO..I CALLED THE POLICE BECAUSE MY EX BEAT SHIT OUT OF ME . BUT GUESS WHAT? MY EX's BROTHER WORKS FOR POLICE SO NOTHING HAPPENED. THEN I TOOK A BAG OF WEED DOWN TOO HIS PARENTS HIS DAD CALLS HIS OTHER SON THE POLICE OFFICER AND HE GOT IT TOOK IT TOO HIS HOUSE AND Threw it away SO WHAT CAN You DO WHEN You HAVE A POLICE OFFICER LIKE THAT IT's SAD I TELL YA
lisa salters

Prudenville, MI

#7 Dec 5, 2010
I KNOW THIS WON't CHANGE ANYTHING . OZARK ALABAMA HAS WENT TOO SHIT.AND IT WON't NEVER GO BACK WAY IT USE TOO BE.ONE PERSON CAN't DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF....WALLY UR THE BEST I'd VOTE FOR You EVERYTIME . PROBALLY THIS WON't GET READ BUT OWELL WHO ARE WE RIGHT IF UR NOT POLICE OR DOCTOR WHO CARES WHAT A SHAME HOW THE WORLD HAS GOT TOO BE
Taffy Phenix city

Enterprise, AL

#8 Feb 27, 2011
ozark,al has not changed ever ,except for the courthouse and a couple of stores has opened but mainly there have been more to close!!When I droved there as a teenager the roads still have the same bumps, potholes as they did over 30 yrs ago!!Man I hate to say it but enterprise has flourished!!OZARK SUXS!!!The POLICE DEPT,THE SO-CALLED HOSPITAL WITH ALL THERE NON=CARING PIECES OF CRAP THAT WORK THERE INCLUDING THAT SOCIAL WORKER THERE TOO!!They let my mama get worse there and WOULD NOT LISTEN TO ANY OF MY SUGGESTIONS!! INSTEAD MY MOTHER LAID THERE IN PAIN AN COULD NOT EAT!!HEY!@!!! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE IF YOU ARE READING THIS!! LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING!!!~~KARMA HAS A WAY OF REACHING UP AND GRABBING YOU BY THE ASS!!MY MOTHER NEVER RECOVERED CAUSE OF YOU PEOPLE AT DEATH MEDICAL CENTER!!!
Josh

Ozark, AL

#9 Mar 3, 2011
Ozark won't grow because the people keep electing people who make Boss Hogg look like an honest man on the straight and narrow. The police are corrupt, they won't do anything unless it puts money in their pocket. The city government is the same way greedy money hungry people who have no intention of doing anything except stuffing their pockets.
Rebecca

Enterprise, AL

#10 Mar 26, 2011
I just moved to Ozark from out of state (Army wife). I have to say it but one reason Ozark might not be doing so well is that people are extremely unwelcoming. I've never felt such hostility in my life!
Josh

Enterprise, AL

#11 Dec 30, 2011
Rebecca wrote:
I just moved to Ozark from out of state (Army wife). I have to say it but one reason Ozark might not be doing so well is that people are extremely unwelcoming. I've never felt such hostility in my life!
Southern hospitality my ass, more like souther baked idiots. The sun fried their brains. MUCH more hospitable up north.
Michelle

Tampa, FL

#12 Mar 5, 2015
Probably so everyone can be controlled. What happens is the high class people live off the low class people. So nothing ever changes, it's just a vicious cycle that amounts to nothing in this town
Michelle

Tampa, FL

#13 Mar 11, 2015
Josh wrote:
Ozark won't grow because the people keep electing people who make Boss Hogg look like an honest man on the straight and narrow. The police are corrupt, they won't do anything unless it puts money in their pocket. The city government is the same way greedy money hungry people who have no intention of doing anything except stuffing their pockets.
You right about that! And they meaning cops, lawyers, judges and the whole darn system work together. So everybody gets paid! Little Boys trying to be bad ass cops, they even turn on their own friends. Wow! Judgement Day will come

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ozark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Enterprise Alabama Buy, Sell, Trade (Jun '12) Apr 16 Tahoe 28
opd (Jun '08) Mar '15 Michelle 3
Shelly the scammer (Aug '14) Feb '15 nobody 11
News Mayor of Webb resigns after arrest in prostitut... Feb '15 Prostit 1
relationships Jan '15 sonny man 1
Jons for felon (Jun '13) Jan '15 Misty 4
Skiptracer (Oct '14) Jan '15 Spader 4

Flash Flood Watch for Dale County was issued at April 18 at 3:08PM CDT

More from around the web

Ozark People Search