Ozark man sentenced to 20 years for c...

Ozark man sentenced to 20 years for child abuse

There are 14 comments on the Dothan Eagle story from Dec 2, 2008, titled Ozark man sentenced to 20 years for child abuse. In it, Dothan Eagle reports that:

A man whose family said he pleaded guilty despite being innocent to abusing his stepson was given a maximum prison sentence after more than three hours of testimony against him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dothan Eagle.

Jamie

Woodbine, GA

#1 Dec 3, 2008
I know Vikie Henry, we are frinds. I know how remorseful she is about what happened to her son, Chad. I know she tried to make it stop, but she was abused by Eddie herself. We talk a lot about what happened, about how he dragged her down the highway, smashed her head against car windows, threateded to kill her if she involved the police, and I know she is a good mother. All she talks about is how she loves her kids. Vickie is a church going person who is committed to her church at Sandy Creek Baptise Church. All her family loves her very much. I know it is dufficult for people not to think badly about her beause of her involvement with Eddie and the things he did. But only if you are a woman who had been abused by a man, lived under his control, friegntned by his treats, you will never know what it is like. She really is a good mother to her kids and she loves them very much.
Jamie

Woodbine, GA

#2 Dec 3, 2008
Vickie -- Keep up the good work. I know you are working hard to straighten out all this mess. I also know you love church and God will give you strenght. I know about the nightmares you've been having over this.Keep going to your child advocate classes in which you are doing so well, and you will be finished with college soon & on your way to becoming a Registered Nurse. I do know your heart very well, and I believe justice will prevail in your favor. My love and thoughts are always with you. I pray each night that things will continue to get better for you, and I believe thay will. I am sure you are really on the right track. Good luck to a good mother.

Your friend,

Jamie -- E-C
Dixie Lee

Marietta, GA

#3 Dec 4, 2008
Yes, it was very true at one time Vicky was a good loving Mother and Wife but around 3 years ago something happened to her mentally and all of that changed to not a good Mother and not a good wife. I to pray for her I hope she gets the mental help she needs in jail. For her part of the severe child abuse when her son needed his Mother not the sorry Boyfriend Eddie. Why did she wait until now to call on God he was always there .
Angel

Knoxville, TN

#4 Dec 5, 2008
I was in an abusive marriage for many years. Until someone has been there they will never know what it is like. I feel for the boy child who got hurt and I also feel for the mother who was abused also. I can imagine what she was going through and what was going through her mind. She was afraid for her life and for her sons life and just like her son she was getting abused also. People not only need to think of the child as the only victim she was a victim also. Her life will never be the same just as her sons. And she will have to live with one mistake for the rest of her life. My heart goes out to you Ms. Henry it really does. I was were you were at one point in my life. Don't worry about what people say about you because i know anyone can change no matter the situation. Hold your head up high and don't be afraid. My child there is only one person who can judge you and that this God himself. Trust only in him and never put your trust in man. I know it was hard for you also and I know you are struggling everyday and I know you blame yourself for what happened to your son. No one understands what you were going through yourself but trust me someone does. Your in my thoughts and prayers. Don't be afraid, Mr. Ledbetter can't hurt your son anymore or yourself. May God Bless You Always
Angel

Knoxville, TN

#5 Dec 9, 2008
Mr. Lebetter's family knew exactly what was going on to the poor boy and the mother. They should all be sitting in jail. I hope that justice is served upon the whole Ledbetter family. I know Ms. Henry really well and I worked with her before for about 6 months and let me just tell you she doesn't have the heart to do the things that people are accusing her of. We tried to tell her about Mr. Ledbetter but she just wouldn't listen to any of us. Yes she made a mistake and trust me she is living with it everyday of her life and she will always blame her self. She had never been in any kind of trouble before she met Mr. Ledbetter, she was a very sweet,nice, and wonderful mom. One day Mr. Ledbetter came and picked her up from work and we never saw or heard from her again. I hope God doesn't let Mr.Ledbetter get out of jail and I pray he doesn't allow Ms.Henry to go back she has already served enough time for her mistake. My prayers and my thoughts are with you Ms. Henry always and with your son. Remember that when no one else seems to forgive that God does.
Dixie Lee

Marietta, GA

#6 Dec 10, 2008
Sorry Angel and Jamie I think I know Vicky a bit better than you do . Since ya'll seem to know her so well ask her about all the other men she was involved with while she was married. It is not just her precious son that has suffered from the severe child abuse and torture but her precious daughter and her new baby whose Father is Eddie also now does not have a Mother in their life. I am trying to tell ya'll she needs mental help and has for a very long time and until she gets it she will never be capable of keeping a job or taking care of anyone. I do pray for Vicky and have for many years and I know she would not normally have let anything happen to her children. But the facts stand she did not cry out for help when help was there.
Angel

Knoxville, TN

#7 Dec 12, 2008
If you knew that Ms.Henry needed mental help why didn't you as mother in law see that she got the help she needed and if you and the rest of your family had a feeling or knew something was going on in Dale County why didn't ya'll go check it out? And as for all the men that is just your word and I know you are upset about what happened to her son but does anyone for a minute stop to think that she has suffered a lot over this and she will have to live with her poor judgment for the rest of her life. I know Vicki really well and I know what a wonderful person she is. We all make mistakes no one is perfect but God himself. People need to stop giving her such a hard time and realize the great person she was before she met Mr. Ledbetter and as for the new baby God has a plan for that child and despite who fathered it. I know God does give second chances and like I have told you many times before Vicki don't worry about what people say about you all you can do is pray for people like that. You are walking with God and they are running with the devil. Keep up the good work. I know the progress you are making and I know the great job you are doing. Remember to keep it up and don't let what people say hurt or worry you. The bible saids not to judge others and to love those who hurt you so just keep that in mind the next time you hear someone talking about you. May God continue to Bless you. Your in my thoughts and prayers daily. And just remember you are loved and you do have people who care about you and who are there for you. Don't give up and hold on to your faith always it will be worth it. And this trial shall pass.
Dixie Lee

Marietta, GA

#8 Dec 12, 2008
Angel you have no right to judge me or any of our Family for what was happening with our Grandson or Vicky. If you know her and her family ask them how many times I personally called begging them all to please go get Vicky that we felt something was wrong it only fell on deaf ears none of them would until it was too late. As for my Grandson they cut off communication from 12/24/07 until 1/6/08 when they finally answered the phone. We were also threathened and cursed by Eddie to stay away. Some body is just blowing smoke up your butt you do not know the real Vicky as her children and all of our family members know what she is really like to live with. I have known her since she was 17 I think that gives me the right to say I really know her better than you. I told her many times to get help but she only did once in Hendersonville ask her about that. Since you know who I am just call me and we can have a real discussion.
lawrenceville ga

Locust Grove, GA

#9 Dec 13, 2008
looks like no one can say anything about what dixie lee has to say because its the truth and by the way i love you sis (dixie lee)
ANGEL

Woodbine, GA

#10 Feb 12, 2009
This is for Dixie Lee you stated that you called Vicky's family and begged them to go get her. If you knew something was wrong why didn't you go get her yourself? Why did you have to call and beg her family? You and your family are just as much to blame as her family and MR.Ledbetters family!! Everyone of you knew something was wrong and didn't get off your sorry asses to do anything about it!!!
Dixie Lee

Marietta, GA

#11 Jun 4, 2009
Suprise Suprise we all knew Vicky was as guilty as Eddie. Now can you believe us she admitted she was guilty of aggravated child abuse to her own Son. My question I would love for her to answer is why did you let the horrible torture and severe abuse happen to your precious little child!!!
Lio

Mcdonough, GA

#12 Jun 4, 2009
Why didnt you go get her yourself? What kinda question is that?...Hhmmm ...So whenever I want someone to do something, even though they are 18 or over..I can just make them do whatever I say...Hhmmm...I'll have to try that!! Angel...Will you please...shut up!!
Dixie Lee

Marietta, GA

#13 Jun 15, 2009
Angel are you going to be at Court to support Vicky on June 30. Since you stated she was innocent!!!!
lisadaviz

United States

#14 Mar 2, 2017
I was in jail w vicki she showed me pics of her sons abuse .. he also put his head thru a panel trailor wall she told me. She said he handcuffed kid to door n burnt feet w cigg. The mans family knew all about his abuse n only talked him into calling police when childs feet turned green. I asked her why she didnt leave and kill his ass fir wjathe was doing to son. Ahe said she loved him n didnt want him hitting her .thats why she continued to stay n let eddie abuse her son. I told her she was mom it was her place to protect him and what did she do when child wD screaming her name thruout abuse she said i dont want to think about that and i told her i hope she hears him screaming for mama for the rest of her lufe. Yes THEY ARE GUILTY AS SIN AS IS HIS FAMILY.. THEY HELPED HIM BURN EVIDENCE BEFORECOPS CAME .. HOPE THEY ALL ROT IN HELL FOR WHAT THAT INNOCENT CHILD WAS PUT THRU

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ozark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shirley Johnston Jul '17 Smedley Forkwart 2
I have finally won (Oct '16) Jun '17 Stanley Garner 2
relationships (Jan '15) Apr '17 WikiLeaks Local 4
Homosexuals in Alabama (Jan '10) Jan '17 Asa 45
News Ozark moves forward with city cleanup plans (Nov '16) Nov '16 MOANBO 1
Unsolved Crime (Oct '16) Nov '16 MOANBO 3
Moving to Ozark (Sep '16) Oct '16 Moving to Ozark 3

Ozark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance