Wanting to move to Alabama
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Love Alabama

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#21 Sep 18, 2009
I love Alabama. I grew up most of my life in Ozark and still here. I would never live in Dothan but if you are a police officer you are needed there. I am not a huge fan of Ozark city schools that is why I moved closer to the Skipperville area for my children to attend GW Long. But as far a Ozark goes I love it. Enterprise is not bad either. Good Luck to you and your wife.
Jeanine

Enterprise, AL

#22 Oct 14, 2009
I moved to Alabama 3 months ago from Michigan do to my husband getting a job on Fort Rucker. I have been looking for work for about a month and cant find any thing. We stayed in a campground in Ozark did not like area at all. We rent in Enterprise very nice place but a little on high side. Schools are great here. Try some of the little towns that surround Ozark and Enterprise like Level Plains, Opp, Whicksburg, Elba, In Ozark we had a shoot out at the motel next door to campground. Not good.
MoA

Boaz, AL

#23 Oct 17, 2009
BOB wrote:
My wife and I want to move close to the beach, close enough to drive to Destin on the weekend, we are looking at Ozark for a possible place to live. I am a ploice officer and would like to continue being a law enforcement officer. I would like to know if this community would be a good place for me and my wife to live. My wife is a bank employee and is going to school. Is Osark a good place for me and my wife?
Please disregard Amy's comment. Since she doesn't live in Ozark, what right does she have to say that it is "shady." Snot nosed people who make comments about towns they don't live in should keep their mouths shut. I live in Ozark and have for 30 years. While this town has not grown or progressed as much as Enterprise, I can assure you that the crime rate is no higher than Dothan's or Enterprise's, per capita. We are off Hwy 231 and 25 minutes to Dothan. About the same as living in the suburbs of Montgomery and traveling across town for shopping and entertainment, without the lights. We have several nice restaurants but finer dining is in Dothan. Our theater rarely has more than a row of customers at any time, however, the theaters in Dothan are, as I said, 25 minutes down the road. I believe it is our location, so near Dothan, that keeps this town from booming as Enterprise has. But to say it is shady is unfair and since the speaker does not live here, ill informed. It is a great town for retirees since it does tout a much easier going lifestyle. Plenty of churches, even a Catholic church. Excellent medical care and a fine hospital with Flowers Hospital and Southeast Alabama Medical Center in Dothan for those times when conditions warrant. Welcome.
Mildred

Grand Bay, AL

#24 Oct 23, 2009
22 miles from Enterprise is another nice little town, Geneva. I've lived here for around 5 years and like it alot. Not a whole lot to do here though, we're a dry county still, but we do have a dance and a skating rink , also two really nice antique stores in town. I especially like Downtown Geneva Antiques, nice people there.

Since: Feb 10

Hudson Falls, NY

#25 Feb 22, 2010
come visit for a while,learn yourself what its like,enterprise would be your best bet then dothan,troys nice,they are all growing, ozark would be my last .
JOKER

White House, TN

#26 Feb 23, 2010
me and my family are considering moving to enterprise,I have worked in a HVAC distribution center for 11 yrs.she has worked in fast food management at pizza hut.im retire military.please give me some input on this town .I would like to know what kind of town this is.I have 3 children 13,and twin 10s
Patriot

Dothan, AL

#27 Feb 24, 2010
Dothan has jobs for nurses and restaurant servers - that's about it unless you know some big shot. Run by the good ole boys. A lot of crime though they try to cover it up. People are not the same in Dothan as in smaller towns. People are religious but go gambling on the weekends. "Do aS i SAY BUT NOT AS i DO". Find you a place in the country - no small town/city, etc. Commute to Ft. Rucker or start your own business (tough right now). A lot of the gambling - bingo issues going on in Dothan right now. A lot of people out of work in Dothan. Sony,Poor Boy, Country Crossing -- all out of business !!! Unemployment soaring in Dothan right now.
2fewhoes

Grand Bay, AL

#28 Jun 13, 2010
Just a few years ago Ozark was voted one of the best places in America to retire. Good place to live and easy to get around in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ozark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I have finally won (Oct '16) Jun 25 Stanley Garner 2
relationships (Jan '15) Apr '17 WikiLeaks Local 4
Shirley Johnston Mar '17 Smedley Forkwart 1
News Ozark man sentenced to 20 years for child abuse (Dec '08) Mar '17 lisadaviz 14
Homosexuals in Alabama (Jan '10) Jan '17 Asa 45
News Ozark moves forward with city cleanup plans (Nov '16) Nov '16 MOANBO 1
Unsolved Crime (Oct '16) Nov '16 MOANBO 3

Ozark Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ozark Mortgages