BOB

Kennett, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2009

My wife and I want to move close to the beach, close enough to drive to Destin on the weekend, we are looking at Ozark for a possible place to live. I am a ploice officer and would like to continue being a law enforcement officer. I would like to know if this community would be a good place for me and my wife to live. My wife is a bank employee and is going to school. Is Osark a good place for me and my wife?
Amy

Fort Rucker, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2009

Judged:

I live on fort rucker but I would say Enterprise would be better... Ozark looks kind of "shady" I always have my doors locked in Ozark lol

Since: Jul 09

Moody, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2009

Judged:

Ozark is the last place I would live. Would leave immediately if I could.
Big E

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

Judged:

Bob, Try Enterprise or Daleville.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2009

Judged:

There are NO JOBS THERE!
Kat

Cullman, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

Enterprise is your best bet. I don't know Ozark, this site just labeled me as living there by default, but I do work in Enterprise. I like Enterprise. But, if you rent, rent is cheaper in out-lying towns like Elba and maybe Daleville. It may be a bit of a drive (10 miles give or take) but you may be interested.

If you come, WELCOME. If you don't, you're still welcome to come!!!

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

My best friend needs a job.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

It cost too much to live in interprise. 450 per mo and nothing fast food jobs. Come on now!!

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

people in alabama need to get there shit straight!
Kat

Cullman, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

kcajb wrote:
people in alabama need to get there shit straight!
What makes you say that? Have you lived here? Do you know people that live here? I know that rent in Enterprise is expensive, but there are relatively higher-priced places in which to live.$450 might get one a shack in a place like Nashville or Birmingham. And there are places to work if one meets the correct people. People here don't often post job listings. It's all about either walking in when they need you or knowing someone, unfortunately.
bamagal

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2009

Judged:

Ozark is not a bad place and it's not "shady" by any means. Enterprise is nice also...Daleville is horrible! How about Dothan? Probably more job opportunities there and it's growing everyday! Good luck to you!
rpg

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

Judged:

Avoid living in or visting anyplace in Tennessee. It's the sex offender/pedophile capital of the world
Ray

El Centro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

Judged:

BOB wrote:
My wife and I want to move close to the beach, close enough to drive to Destin on the weekend, we are looking at Ozark for a possible place to live. I am a ploice officer and would like to continue being a law enforcement officer. I would like to know if this community would be a good place for me and my wife to live. My wife is a bank employee and is going to school. Is Osark a good place for me and my wife?
I have lived in Ozark most of my life (except college) and it has always been a quiet and relatively safe small town. Police officers tend to go to Dothan because of much higher pay after getting "broken in" in Ozark. My friends in Enterprise like it, but buying or renting a place to live costs far more than Ozark. There are at least 2 open bank jobs I know of in Ozark at the moment as well. The super walmart is not nearly as crowded in Ozark; the lines for fast food or groceries are much longer in Enterprise when I'm there a couple days a week. You will pay half as much for a decent home in Ozark if that matters to you; sales tax is a retarded 9% though.
Ray

El Centro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2009

Judged:

bamagal wrote:
Ozark is not a bad place and it's not "shady" by any means. Enterprise is nice also...Daleville is horrible! How about Dothan? Probably more job opportunities there and it's growing everyday! Good luck to you!

I like my hometown of Ozark; Enterprise too, but Dothan is basically a giant circular restaurant. If you want to work in either health care or food service Dothan has jobs. Ft. Rucker has a lot of high paying civilian jobs and is an easy commute from Ozark or Enterprise.
Natalie

Yuma, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

Judged:

Hi, if you really considereing moving to Ozark I would say dont. Dothan and/or Enterprise be better although I highly recommend anywhere but alabama and live in florida. Small communities but the area is dirt poor and lacking very much behind the world. Your wife wont have the opportunities here to make as much and neither will you. There are very few slim chances to make good money here. Housing is cheap but food prices ans taxes are outrageous. The crime is mostly theft due to local companies maintaining low wages and extreme slow growth due to politics and refusal to change. Enterprise is called the city of progress, although laughable, they about the ones that change every 10 years.
In financial means, go to florida to live, better to be right by the beach than live in a podunk town miles away. If you like bigger cities go to Montgomery or Birmingham although that makes the commute a lot longer to the beach. Ozark is about 2 hours and montgomery would be 4 and Birmingham or more north would be of course greater.
If I had a chance I would not ever live here again, too slow paced, too underdeveloped too high priced. Also, nothing to do here :) but go to Florida!

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

Judged:

Alabama men have the sweetest a$$es
OZARK RESIDENT

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

Hum, I have a home in Ozark and lived there for years and my neighborhood is not shady and i have never had a problem with anyone messing around my home or stealing anything from me. Shady (NOT)
Amy wrote:
I live on fort rucker but I would say Enterprise would be better... Ozark looks kind of "shady" I always have my doors locked in Ozark lol

“"2 roads diverged in a yellow ”

Since: Aug 09

wood. & I tuk d 1 < traveled."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2009

Natalie wrote:
Hi, if you really considereing moving to Ozark I would say dont. Dothan and/or Enterprise be better although I highly recommend anywhere but alabama and live in florida. Small communities but the area is dirt poor and lacking very much behind the world. Your wife wont have the opportunities here to make as much and neither will you. There are very few slim chances to make good money here. Housing is cheap but food prices ans taxes are outrageous. The crime is mostly theft due to local companies maintaining low wages and extreme slow growth due to politics and refusal to change. Enterprise is called the city of progress, although laughable, they about the ones that change every 10 years.
In financial means, go to florida to live, better to be right by the beach than live in a podunk town miles away. If you like bigger cities go to Montgomery or Birmingham although that makes the commute a lot longer to the beach. Ozark is about 2 hours and montgomery would be 4 and Birmingham or more north would be of course greater.
If I had a chance I would not ever live here again, too slow paced, too underdeveloped too high priced. Also, nothing to do here :) but go to Florida!
But aren't property taxes a killer? And why is it that lots of folks come up to shop in Enterprise from Florida? I see lots of FLA tags when I pull into work.
Andrew Jack

Suva, Fiji

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2009

I have been to Enterprise Alabama.I found out its best all around and very nice people.Ask me and and i will tell more about .I am from fiji islands.andrewjackffi@yahoo.co m.au
Andrew Jack

Suva, Fiji

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2009

Its good place and best all round for loving saints.I am from fiji and stayed in days inn.
andrewjackffi@yahoo.com.au
write to me if you want to know more.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ozark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) 12 min sheboonaquay 209
Mark Fuller Ashamed of HIm Wed De Jon 4
Jons for felon (Jun '13) Aug 18 I know where 2
Alabama Aircraft Support Aug 12 Shemale 1
produce cat fan club Aug 11 josh 2
Investigation at Army Fleet Support at Fort Rucker (Sep '08) Aug 7 fred willson jr 15
Striking Fort Rucker machinists will vote on ne... Aug 7 My name 3

Search the Ozark Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Ozark Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ozark People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE