Ozark Mayor May Not Run Again

Ozark Mayor May Not Run Again

There are 4 comments on the WDHN story from Jun 26, 2008, titled Ozark Mayor May Not Run Again. In it, WDHN reports that:

Ozark Mayor Bob Bunting tells WDHN News he "most likely will not" seek re-election. "I love the job, but my family has had enough" Bunting said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDHN.

chris m

Enterprise, AL

#1 Jun 28, 2008
YES,YES,YES finally the old bat makes a good decision

Moody, AL

#2 Jul 3, 2008
Glad to hear that Bunting is hanging it up. Not too soon I might add. However, Andy Gilland has thrown his hat into the ring and I'm none too happy bout that. I don't want any Gilland in a position of authority in this town. One article I read stated that he and his wife own Bango's. Has anyone been there in a while? If not, go, before you vote. This place is a dump and reeks of moldy smell. I talked to his wife at the rink last year and she stated that she and Andy either took it over or bought it so that the kids in Ozark would have a place to go. Well, they hadn't put a dime into fixing it up, and if my kid wanted to go there, I'd have to say no way. There were a handful of kids there and nothing looked clean, carpet in shreds, food area was a sham, bathrooms as joke. If this is how Gilland runs a business, one he touts as being a place for kids, then I sure don't want him running this town. Besides that, he is tied to the Gillands that run the car dealership and everyone knows what car salesmen are like. Let's get Tamplin to run. She can do it for Ozark.

Andalusia, AL

#3 Jul 7, 2008
I think Bob Bunting is an excellent person and he has done alot for this town. I congratulate him on his terms as mayor and look forward to seeing how the next candidate continues the success.

Moody, AL

#4 Sep 28, 2009
All elected officials need to go

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ozark Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
foreigners in our state (Sep '11) Fri Elli C 16
Band Nov 22 moe 1
News Alabama Education Official Warns Of 'Homosexual... Nov 7 Fa-Foxy 2
ozark municipal corruption (Jul '12) Nov 6 William watson 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Billy Blackwel as Mayor? (May '15) Oct '15 moe 4
3 car wreck on hwy 231 Oct '15 moe 2
the big bad wolf's hanners- cauthen Oct '15 Anonymous 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ozark Mortgages