Oyster Bay stands in for the Hamptons in TV show

Full story: Newsday 12
Oyster Bay residents watched in wonder Monday as someone was rushed from an ambulance into the emergency room of "Hamptons Heritage Hospital" - what on any other day is known as Oyster Bay Town Hall. Full Story
Ponderous

Bronx, NY

#1 May 11, 2009
Hey Venditto, why don't you suggest a small movie studio instead of a mall at the Cerro Wire site?
Nobody should actually ever live on top of that toxic dump, so stop suggesting condos!
Spoon

Huddersfield, UK

#2 May 11, 2009
Absolutely garbage! Oyster Bay is a dump. Hate living here!:-(
Banastre Tarleton

Brooklyn, NY

#3 May 11, 2009
How bored this town really is.. My God !!
DukeNukem

AOL

#4 May 11, 2009
What is "Royal Pains"????
motleycrew

Milwaukee, WI

#5 May 11, 2009
Spoon wrote:
Absolutely garbage! Oyster Bay is a dump. Hate living here!:-(
Then move!
Touched

Bellerose, NY

#7 May 11, 2009
Bring back the Fokker's to Oyster Bay and they will come to see the film. Who cares about Jolie or Brad or this film or the stuck up Oyster Bay Town Hall.
Fisherman

Brooklyn, NY

#8 May 12, 2009
I can't help but check up on this exiting Topic before I go catch the Big One !!
chill

Nyack, NY

#11 May 12, 2009
seems like the town could have gotten more $ for this
Rbt Haul

AOL

#12 May 12, 2009
I live part-time in the Hamptons and saw the coming attractions for the show and laughed because it looks nothing like the Hamptons. Most of it looked like California to me.

The "Hamptons elite" go to Southampton Hospital or to a walk-in clinic when they have an emergency, just like everybody else.

And the only time I ever see any of those sleazy, glitzy-looking girls who are supposed to be "Hamptons elite" is on a reality show, where they get trucked in by the producers. Things are laid-back here. I've seen tons of celebs and moguls. They're all dressed casually and behave quietly, not at all "elite." The only "elites" are the wannabes who are nobodies, or the brat children of people who are connected to show biz but aren't famous (I'm thinking of a certain SUV-driving daughter of an entertainment lawyer, and the children of some rock stars). By and large everyone gets along out here except for the contractors and workmen who try to rip everybody off because they assume everyone's rich. If you tried to have a medical practice devoted to housecalls for the rich and famous you'd go out of business. Most rich people have friends who are doctors and there are probably 3 doctors living on their block.
assgravy

Melville, NY

#13 May 12, 2009
Rbt Haul wrote:
I live part-time in the Hamptons and saw the coming attractions for the show and laughed because it looks nothing like the Hamptons. Most of it looked like California to me.
The "Hamptons elite" go to Southampton Hospital or to a walk-in clinic when they have an emergency, just like everybody else.
And the only time I ever see any of those sleazy, glitzy-looking girls who are supposed to be "Hamptons elite" is on a reality show, where they get trucked in by the producers. Things are laid-back here. I've seen tons of celebs and moguls. They're all dressed casually and behave quietly, not at all "elite." The only "elites" are the wannabes who are nobodies, or the brat children of people who are connected to show biz but aren't famous (I'm thinking of a certain SUV-driving daughter of an entertainment lawyer, and the children of some rock stars). By and large everyone gets along out here except for the contractors and workmen who try to rip everybody off because they assume everyone's rich. If you tried to have a medical practice devoted to housecalls for the rich and famous you'd go out of business. Most rich people have friends who are doctors and there are probably 3 doctors living on their block.
Thanks for the info.
DukeNukem

AOL

#14 May 12, 2009
Rbt Haul wrote:
What "Hamptons" are you refering to?
South, East, Hampton Bays...? They're all different.
Duchess

Cumming, GA

#15 Jun 16, 2009
While I do hear what you "locals" are saying and agree with most, try to remember this is not a documentary but a television show that's not meant to be anymore real than "Hampton Heritage Hospital". I saw the first and second episodes and thought it was original, unique and refreshing. I don't know about you but if I see another reality show I might vomit.

Open your mind a little and enjoy some fictional entertainment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oyster Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LIE road rage arrest (May '07) 3 hr Moral Man 278
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sat Bruser 7,954
Ten years later, brothers to testify in mother'... (Mar '07) Sat Memie 41
Garbage pail scavengers in levittown Jan 21 Sambee 13
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Jan 16 Joey Redd 9
More than 1,000 pack Westbury school to oppose ... Jan 16 McNamara 1
Justice-for-Tammy-Mahoney Farmingdale HS class ... Jan 15 Justice-for-Tammy... 6

Coastal Flood Watch for Nassau County was issued at January 25 at 8:31PM EST

Oyster Bay News Video

Oyster Bay Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oyster Bay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:24 am PST

Yahoo! Sports11:24AM