Lake mischief ends in drowning

Lake mischief ends in drowning

There are 8 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 6, 2006, titled Lake mischief ends in drowning. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

When Javier Leal, his brother and three friends found a lifeguard boat on the Ohio Street Beach, the young men could not resist spontaneous mischief.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Gerardo Chavez

Homer Glen, IL

#1 Sep 8, 2006
Rest in peace, I'll never forget you.
Janette Aguilar

Bayonne, NJ

#2 Sep 16, 2006
Dearest Javier, may you rest in peace . it was wonderful and a great gift knowing you
Magda Leal

Berwyn, IL

#3 Nov 15, 2006
Little brother I'll never forget you. You will always be in my heart. My greatest gift was having you as a brother
Sandra Ramos

United States

#4 Feb 14, 2007
Javier, I just heard of your passing and am heart broken and in disbelief. Rest in Peace... i'll never forget you...
Maru Miranda

Berwyn, IL

#5 Apr 25, 2007
Hace 25 anos te abraze por primera vez hoy ya no estas.Te llevastes parte de mi vida te extrano mucho.Happy Birthday mi vecino.
viannie

Berwyn, IL

#6 Sep 3, 2007
WE MISS YOU TIO JAVIER
BigScott33andEas t

Caldwell, ID

#7 Sep 4, 2007
Javier,

There is a reason for everything in life, and today you found that calling. Know one will ever know, But we will always wonder why. Today is a sad day of joy as we say our slight goodbye's that have no anwers, but just empty thoughts and broken hearts, We wish you well in your new life and look down on your loved ones and say hello to all that pass that we love.

May your family stay Strong in there time of need and may God Bless you all.
Your friend

Evergreen Park, IL

#8 Oct 29, 2010
Javier, I miss you deeply and I know you're above watching.... I will never forget the wonderful memories we've shared and the many conversations we've had. I am truly blessed and grateful to have had you as a friend. My friend, I miss you and will never forget you. May you keep resting in peace and you are forever in my prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oyster Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cancers around Cerro Wire (Feb '08) 14 hr Kenny 10
Review: Sahdev Devinder (Dec '10) Wed Eddie 24
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Wed Bruser 8,194
Review: Al Esposito Plumbing & Heating, Inc. (May '09) Feb 7 Timmy 9
News Hicksville Teen accused of hammering friend (Mar '08) Feb 5 PrivateEye 435
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Feb 3 Slascala 32
li locksmith & alarm co Jan 31 tony 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oyster Bay Mortgages