Residents Report Timely Snow Removal ...

Residents Report Timely Snow Removal in Glen Cove

There are 2 comments on the Glen Cove Patch story from Jan 13, 2011, titled Residents Report Timely Snow Removal in Glen Cove. In it, Glen Cove Patch reports that:

"New York City should take a page out of Glen Cove's snow removal book," said resident Sean McCalmont who was out in the streets Wednesday morning, and reported that the streets were clear for the morning commute.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Glen Cove Patch.

Bleop

Milford, CT

#1 Jan 21, 2011
No school, dammit 2 hour delay
Queequeg

Albany, NY

#2 Jan 25, 2011
Timely? The snow removal was abysmal in my opinion. Sure, the GC snowplow crews made one swipe andplowed in all of the parked cars. However, once the residents had dug their cars out and went to work, did the snowplow crews come back to clear the streets from curb to curb? No. This is unacceptable in my opinion, especially considering the obscene taxes you are paying in Glen Cove. Glen Cove should have declared as snow emergency, which requires all cars parked on streets to park on the even side if it is an even calendar date, and on the odd side the day after. It is a tactic that most major metrolpolitan areas employ to facilitate snow removal. C'mon Mayor Suozzi, get with the program!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oyster Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: 6 teens go missing from Mercy First gro... Sun tom montalbano 1
Lost turtle help Sep 14 Ruth 2
Noise in Bethpage (Dec '16) Sep 7 ex resident 2
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) Sep 2 Bruser 8,592
The old Bayville (Sep '07) Aug 23 NEMGH 72
News Neighbors oppose expansion plan for mosque in E... Aug 22 Kathleen Peranzo 1
Mucking Foron Aug 20 Schmedely T Troll 6

Oyster Bay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oyster Bay Mortgages