Should Drag Racing Spectators Face Penalties?

Feb 19, 2008 Full story: WTOP

“It is something we need to take a careful look at and figure out how to solve the problem.”

Emergency personnel carry the body of a victim from the scene Saturday. Adam Tuss , WTOP Radio WASHINGTON -- An adrenaline rush, a competitive nature, bragging rights. via WTOP

Full Story
peggy morgan

United States

#1 Feb 21, 2008
i think their loss of family member's is enough of a penalty, and hopefully they have learned something from it!!
joan

Pleasanton, CA

#2 Feb 21, 2008
I feel that everyone have suffered a great deal,And no one should be held responsible,My heart goes out to all the familys
Truth Jr

Waldorf, MD

#3 Aug 7, 2008
210 is a highway. Not a side street. Not a Cul-de-sac. But, most importantly it is not a place to stand on at anytime. The eight who died made some fatal errors. They stood on a highway at night, in the smoke, and most importantly on a highway where the average speed exceeds 70 MPH when no one is racing. Two young men have ruined their lives because they decided to race. Eight are dead because they stood on a highway. Anyone could have been the one to hit them. So, I say yes make it illegal to watch drag racing. They would all be alive today for about $160.00. The cost for eight people to get into Buds Creek Raceway about 20 miles away.
Just Crazy

United States

#4 Aug 19, 2008
It should be illegal for the spectators as well. It is a highway which does not have a sidewalk or proper lightening for anyone to be standing on. I believe if no one was watching they would not have been racing and the eight people would be alive. So, they played a large part too by making a choice to stand in harms way. Why were so many people there anyway, placing bet???? Besides, what does that do to the value of the area?
mcp

United States

#5 May 1, 2010
Those who stood to watch should be held accountable for there own actions. They chose to stand there. Those racing should only be responsible for charges on racing on public roads. Lets put money and laws against child predators. Children have no choices against these creeps. The spectators did.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oxon-Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Off-duty police officers rescue young boy from ... Jan 12 tony 1
Forest Heights Mayor Issues Call to Action for ... Nov '14 greta 1
Wal-Mart denied request to build Supercenter in... Nov '14 Angelsbobbi 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Tim the Bagger 7
Kenny ? (Sep '13) Sep '13 whooo 1
Help! :-) (Aug '13) Aug '13 tym2enjoy 1
Thieves Steal Cooking Grease, Woman Charged in ... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Naughtyrobot 14
Oxon-Hill Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oxon-Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:32 am PST