Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201480 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#207367 Aug 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies? Twirl? Dear, I've got the entire scientific community on my side. There are no legitimate scientists in the developed world who still hold the notion that homosexuality is an illness.
There are scientists who might want to understand how such a characteristic occurs. Their interests are specifically aimed at learning about the processes involved. Their interests are similar to scientists who try to understand why it is that some people like blonds and some like brunettes.
Not even the people who are studying epigenetics are saying that they believe homosexuality is an illness that requires a cure.
YOU are the one who seems to be bent on finding a "cure" for a nonexistent illness. YOU are the one who seems to be upset about the presence of homosexuality in the world.
And you think I attack you by saying that you want homosexuality eradicated? It's the TRUTH! Say it isn't so. Prove to everybody that you aren't interested in seeing homosexuality disappear from the planet.
You can't and you won't.
Who said it was an illness?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughting hernia

Covina, CA

#207368 Aug 5, 2013
Where is that laughing-hernia today?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207369 Aug 5, 2013
laughting hernia wrote:
Emo, tell us about yourself. How's the hemp business? Global warming? How's the fontanelle?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207370 Aug 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Or anyone else except gays.
Basically, it's intolerant of those who aren't sloganeering drones.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207371 Aug 5, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Our founders were radical liberals in their day.
I suspect more than half, there are a lot of people that believed we were set up as a Christian nation, something our founders specifically stated we were not.
Relax fruitcake.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207372 Aug 5, 2013
laughting hernia wrote:
In Azusa taking remedial spelling lessons.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#207373 Aug 5, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically, it's intolerant of those who aren't sloganeering drones.
Big D's wife says he has little tolerance. Who are we to argue? She knows him best.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207374 Aug 5, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Emo, tell us about yourself. How's the hemp business? Global warming? How's the fontanelle?
Holy soft spot, lookit all the positive smilies! Was it something I said?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Squawlking

Covina, CA

#207375 Aug 5, 2013
There is no need to be afraid, just keep talking and squawking with you posts to gather the 200,000 needed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
suzanne henderson

Shingle Springs, CA

#207376 Aug 5, 2013
laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERYbody wants to "enlighten" me. EVERYbody wants me to plug into THEIR "truth", THEIR kooky "reality", whether it's butt hoppers or pyromaniacs*.
Democraps and Commies, every last one.
*For all you anointed ones out there, it's a reference to those who would burn you at the stake for retaining your individuality instead of joining their cult.
Thank you so much for responding to my comments. I hope that you will look for the Truth because someday you will have to face our Creator and tell him that you did not want Him in your life and personally, I would not want to be in your shoes at that time. He is here to help you and if more people out there would just take a good look at His Beautiful Creation that he created for all of us to enjoy, maybe, just maybe, you will find Him. May you look to Christ while he may be found, for someday when He returns, it will be too late. I really am not writing to argue, for you cannot argue about God anyway. I believe "GOD SAID IT, I BELIEVE IT AND THAT SETTLES IT."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#207377 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said it was an illness?
I guess anyone who thinks that homosexuality needs to be cured would consider it an illness.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#207378 Aug 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess anyone who thinks that homosexuality needs to be cured would consider it an illness.
I never said it was.

The article we were discussing never said it was.

You claimed the article didn't describe the the epi-marker as a mistake. I showed you lied. Now you keep lying some more.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#207379 Aug 5, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh geez.
Come on F man, I almost stood up and put my hand over my cold blooded morally correct American heart.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#207380 Aug 5, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Aboulomania,cacodemomania,daco nomania,discomania,logomania,p athomania, etc.,etc. like homosexuality aren't illnesses either but there sure is a lot being done to cure them. Guess homophobia is incurable too huh?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207381 Aug 5, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for responding to my comments. I hope that you will look for the Truth because someday you will have to face our Creator and tell him that you did not want Him in your life and personally, I would not want to be in your shoes at that time. He is here to help you and if more people out there would just take a good look at His Beautiful Creation that he created for all of us to enjoy, maybe, just maybe, you will find Him. May you look to Christ while he may be found, for someday when He returns, it will be too late. I really am not writing to argue, for you cannot argue about God anyway. I believe "GOD SAID IT, I BELIEVE IT AND THAT SETTLES IT."
Broken record. Flying saucer type crap which can't and won't be proven "until after death". Mythology for the unthinking.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Go get them

Covina, CA

#207382 Aug 5, 2013
The Muslim or Islamic meddle east seems to thrive on nothing but Allah and Blood Feuds, that last generations and even in some cases centuries.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

#207383 Aug 5, 2013
Go get them wrote:
The Muslim or Islamic meddle east seems to thrive on nothing but Allah and Blood Feuds, that last generations and even in some cases centuries.
I had enough of Middle Eastern mythology, of either stripe, on September the 11th of 2001.

Burning bushes that talk. What drugs are those morons taking?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Knoxville, TN

#207384 Aug 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it was.
The article we were discussing never said it was.
You claimed the article didn't describe the the epi-marker as a mistake. I showed you lied. Now you keep lying some more.
You showed no such thing. You showed a theory. You presented an article that clearly indicates this is a theory, one that likely will never be able to be proven.

Nevertheless, homosexuality is not a disorder. It does not need to be corrected; especially for YOUR benefit.

It never fails to amaze me how people believe they have the right to suggest that a characteristic in someone else is something that should be changed; especially when that characteristic is not a disorder and certainly not something that harms society.

Such arrogance...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Knoxville, TN

#207385 Aug 5, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Aboulomania,cacodemoma nia,daconomania,discomania,log omania,pathomania, etc.,etc. like homosexuality aren't illnesses either but there sure is a lot being done to cure them. Guess homophobia is incurable too huh?
The illnesses you listed are disorders that cause the sufferer distress (except for discomania--totally stupid). Homosexuality is not a disorder that results in distress. There are those who suffer distress as a result of societal discrimination. Remove the discriminatory behavior and the distress will be disappear.

I think that homophobia is curable with education. It's a condition that is disappearing. And with time it will be gone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sheesh

United States

#207386 Aug 5, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
For those of you who responded to my comments last evening about my comments on this forum that are not constructive.
Why do you make comments on this forum that are not constructive?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oxnard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ventura County family law courts seek public in... (May '06) May 19 JP Shwartz 61
OneBody in Yahawashi, Dallas TX: BLACK HATE GRO... (Nov '17) Feb '18 FLG 6
Hero Dr. Franklyn V. Beckles, Jr., performs his... Feb '18 Pastors For Jesus... 2
where is good place to live in Oxnard? Jan '18 Lelee 2
2nd and Charles: Promotes RACISM & SOCIAL IMMOR... Jan '18 vic 2
Is Oxnard CA a good place to live??? Jan '18 Florida united 1
Vicki Smith a racist in Augusta GA mistreating ... Jan '18 Upolla Jhansi 2

Oxnard Jobs

Personal Finance

Oxnard Mortgages