Oxford School - Quality of Education?

Oxford School - Quality of Education?

Posted in the Oxford Forum

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jan 31, 2010
Hi Everyone,
We are contemplating a move to the Oxford Area school system and have a school-aged child (starting Kindergarten).
What is your opinion of the school system in Oxford? Do they provide quality education? Is Jordan Bank Elementary good? I'd like to hear from parents who have kids either in this school system - OR - opted to go to another because they were not happy with OASD. Want to get both sides!
Thanks for your help!
to newbie

Ocean City, NJ

#2 Feb 4, 2010
I have 5 children who are or have gone to oxford schools I have 1 in Jordon Bank right now and I love it I have one who went through all of the schools. She is now a freshman in college. I am a strong supporter of the oxford schools the have great programs for children who struggle also.
Oxford Resident

Oxford, PA

#3 Feb 12, 2010
I have 3 children in the Oxford school district which are in elementary and middle school. If you're family is considering a move, go for it! IMHO, the school district is wonderful.

Oxford parent
Oxford parent

United States

#4 Feb 22, 2010
newbie wrote:
Hi Everyone,
We are contemplating a move to the Oxford Area school system and have a school-aged child (starting Kindergarten).
What is your opinion of the school system in Oxford? Do they provide quality education? Is Jordan Bank Elementary good? I'd like to hear from parents who have kids either in this school system - OR - opted to go to another because they were not happy with OASD. Want to get both sides!
Thanks for your help!
I graduated from the Oxford system, taught in the system for 8 years (HS level), and have two children who graduated from Oxford also. As with any school there are problems, but Oxford is willing to work for the best of the students. I have always summed it by saying Oxford has everything to offer, it is up to the parents and student whether they are willing to work for it. When I went on to college, I found I had been very well prepared by Oxford education. My two sons, along with many of their friends were accepted to Penn State Main Campus, not an easy feat. My oldest has now just graduated from PSU and says he was well prepared and had less problems that many he saw around him that had not been properly prepared for the harder, more advanced classes. When my children were younger, I enjoyed the fact that I was allowed in their classrooms to see, and help. I still enjoy being part of the high school level helpers. Good school!
Kathy

South Point, OH

#5 Feb 23, 2010
I am the director of an early learning center which services before and after school for OASD. I also work closely w/the district on KDG transition. They have been absolutely wonderful to work with! OASD implemented full day Kindergarten this year because they knew the community wanted it, and needed it! The KDG teachers are also wonderful and I have heard many good things about them as well. My twins will start KDG in fall 2011 and I am proud that they will go to Jordan Bank. As for the community, I love my neighborhood and the local businesses. I feel truly blessed to be able to live in such a wonderful part of Chester County. The only hassle is shopping-you must drive quite a distance to "malls" or stores other than supermarkets or drugstores. Happy house hunting!
Kim

Oxford, PA

#6 Nov 20, 2010
I have three children, two who have graduated from Oxford and one in the high school. My older two are both in college and wonderful children. My younger is on her way as well. I love the schools. Mr. Ray at the middle school is wonderful. The high school principals are also great. Mr. Cannaday and Mr. Taylor work very hard too. All schools have their fair share of problems, I would highly reccomend this school district. I went onto a website comparing schools and Oxford's scores were just as good as Avon Grove. Both schools are just as good as the other with the exception that Oxford school taxes are much more manageable. I say if you want to live in Oxford you wont regret it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bruce Johnston Crime Family (Jan '12) Jul 25 Angel 12
walmart Jul 19 littleelk95 3
Stapleton Jun '15 Gene 1
downtown pasts May '15 M Howard 2
Did the "Oxford Wheelchair Guy" die? (Oct '14) May '15 Oxfordian 3
the ote (Nov '14) May '15 ENT 3
News Traditional marriage advocate Brain Brown to sp... May '15 Larry G 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oxford Mortgages