shopping center?
newtoxford

Morton, PA

#1 Jun 18, 2010
What's going on with the shopping center that was supposed to be in oxford 2 years ago?
CHANGE

Oxford, PA

#2 Jun 18, 2010
My thoughts exactly! Just moved out here too. Thought more house for your money, and didn't realize that there's NOTHING around!
I came from Delco,and was about 5 mins from Springfield mall,and all other places.
As far as the Builders are saying it's 100% going through and they are going to start building now. I was thinking about trying to open my spa in the shopping center and they sent me material on it.
I keep saying that if the S.center doesn't get built,I;ll probably move again.
It's annoying having to go to Del.for everything!
People don't realize having the shopping center will help all of us with our taxes.
Where did you move from?
Dude

Rising Sun, MD

#3 Jun 21, 2010
What shopping center? If you're comparing it to a regional shopping mall like Springfield, that's not going to happen. And who wants all that here anyway?! Why move out into a rural area, then complain it's too quiet...?
newtoxford

Morton, PA

#4 Jun 23, 2010
We are moving July 30th from delco also grew up in Ridley and have been in Boothwyn for the last 5 years. My family has been in West Grove for the last 8 years. I like that it is a rural area and not complaining. Just curious if the taxes are going to continue to go up. I think a shopping center would be a positive for many reasons.
CHANGE

Oxford, PA

#5 Jun 25, 2010
Alot of people out here don't want change and "HELLO" it is 2010!
I'm called "city folk" just for having a outside light on, PATHETIC!
I came from Delco, not Philly.
The people that do not want change, should move out in the middle of nowhere,where there is NOTHING. It shouldn't effect everyone. Especially the people that moved out here because they got more house for the money. Better in only the way.
I was told by ALOT of people that they want the shopping center. Supposedly it was suppose to be built 10yrs.ago.
It's the idiots in power that have been trying to stop it.
They need to retire and leave. The good old boys need to find somewhere else to control.
CHANGE

Oxford, PA

#6 Jun 25, 2010
Dude, I'm not complaining about it being too quiet, just nothing around.
Have to go to Delaware or elsewhere for stuff.
ravynn

Norwood, PA

#7 Oct 18, 2010
HELLO to you. The people who want it to stay the way it is a: were here before all the developments were here and b: moved here to get away from all of the over developing. You are the one who moved from some place that was already developed into a place that wasn't, yet you complain. You move and do better research. Why is it so bad that people want to have open space? Just because it's 2010 doesn't mean we all need to take up every inch of open ground. You're no better than the people who moved in to West Grove and then complained that the mushroom farms stink.
CHANGE wrote:
Alot of people out here don't want change and "HELLO" it is 2010!
I'm called "city folk" just for having a outside light on, PATHETIC!
I came from Delco, not Philly.
The people that do not want change, should move out in the middle of nowhere,where there is NOTHING. It shouldn't effect everyone. Especially the people that moved out here because they got more house for the money. Better in only the way.
I was told by ALOT of people that they want the shopping center. Supposedly it was suppose to be built 10yrs.ago.
It's the idiots in power that have been trying to stop it.
They need to retire and leave. The good old boys need to find somewhere else to control.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DiFlilppo (Neely) Aug 22 Barry G 1
Bruce Johnston Crime Family (Jan '12) Jul '15 Angel 12
walmart Jul '15 littleelk95 3
Stapleton Jun '15 Gene 1
downtown pasts May '15 M Howard 2
Did the "Oxford Wheelchair Guy" die? (Oct '14) May '15 Oxfordian 3
the ote (Nov '14) May '15 ENT 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oxford Mortgages