Snow Removal ???
Sam

Caldwell, NJ

#1 Feb 8, 2010
Did anyone else notice how bad the snow removal was this weekend? I deliver Pizza from time to time. I do understand it was a lot of snow, but
When I went to West Grove, Nottingham, and Lincoln University on Sunday, the roads were, for the most part clear. In West Grove the roads were dry!
Even the back roads were just about clear.
We pay a lot of Taxes and I think they could have done a better job.
Snowbeaten

Titusville, PA

#2 Feb 13, 2010
After the 1st storm, I found sections of Upper Oxford and East Nottingham rough. Several roads in East Nottingham had not even been plowed yet. Since the 2nd storm's been over, we've had a major problem with Old Baltimore Pike near Lincoln University, parts of Oxford Rd were impassable and the side streets were horrible. But I guess Pendot and the local municipalities did the best they could with what they had. Hopefully we have a new supply of salt, the crews are all rested up, and they can finish the job for the non 4X4 residents before the next storm.
AxP

Conneaut Lake, PA

#3 Feb 13, 2010
I live in Nottingham and most of my street went from two lanes to one lane. It switches back and forth but to be this way so long after the storm is very unusual to me. I just drove from the Nottingham post office to Oxford and are right by the Post Office is a disaster! People sliding all over sharing this tiny space taking turns to go by then route !) North of where Redner's is, is shut down! Which explains all the extra traffic on old baltimore pike and 472. They had time thursday and friday to go out there with some bull dozers and start seriously moving some snow if it was too much for the plows. I honestly though they were going to do that during thursday night but I was sadly mistaken.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Applebrook Vet Aug 8 Anonymous 2
Bruce Johnston Crime Family (Jan '12) Jun '16 restinpeace 16
Lawn service for Quarryville home May '16 wfd162 1
Wood For Sale Apr '16 Jspeckhals 1
Review: Jillian Grace Salon (Dec '08) Mar '16 Who cares 21
my skype (Jan '16) Jan '16 DamagedMods 2

Oxford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oxford Mortgages