West Goshen woman target of phone scam

West Goshen woman target of phone scam

There are 1 comment on the AllAroundPhilly.com story from Oct 9, 2008, titled West Goshen woman target of phone scam. In it, AllAroundPhilly.com reports that:

An area woman was the target of a brazen phone scam recently. A man called her, claiming to be her grandson, and said he was in Canada attending a concert and needed $1,000 to help him "get out of a jam." ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AllAroundPhilly.com.

SJM in Md

Cheltenham, MD

#1 Oct 11, 2008
In August my mother, a West Bradford resident, was contacted in the same manner. Fortunately when she went to her bank they suggested she get better information before she made any money transfers and get more information from her Grandson. Within a few hours, her grandson arrived for a visit!! We have no idea how they got enough information to put her and her grandson together with a telephone number.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking to relocate Dec '16 Tony Palumbo 2
Bruce Johnston Crime Family (Jan '12) Dec '16 Scrappy1 19
Pizza Hut Oct '16 Xxlover93 3
Applebrook Vet (Jul '16) Aug '16 Anonymous 2
Lawn service for Quarryville home (May '16) May '16 wfd162 1
Wood For Sale (Apr '16) Apr '16 Jspeckhals 1
Review: Jillian Grace Salon (Dec '08) Mar '16 Who cares 21

Oxford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance