First Prev
of 3
Next Last
AN Oxford parent

United States

#41 Aug 16, 2009
Are you people for REAL? OF COURSE the OASD teachers should be well compensated-better than they are right now! It is YOUR job as a parent to supply YOUR child with everything he/she needs to succeed in school. These teachers are just that-TEACHERS. They should NEVER be expected to be anything other than educators to these children. When you had a child, you took on that responsibility. Teachers are there to educate these children and, in my opinion, they are doing a phenomenal job of educating our children, for VERY little money.
If you think otherwise, volunteer in YOUR CHILD's school and see for yourself.
joann

Conowingo, MD

#42 Aug 24, 2009
I find it amazing that my grandchildren go to avon grove and my daughter buys nothing, Oxford we buy everything, pencil , pens etc, from a list. The school board need to take a pay cut, why is it we have more developments going up and no businesses to help!!!!!!!!!! Bring more business into the community and less taxes
joann

Conowingo, MD

#43 Aug 24, 2009
I am not judging the teachers , but i think they don't need increases right now, The whole thing is about are children, how dare you tell me to go to the school and help, I have helped at the school and i have seen teachers sit a child in the hall , because she was tired of him, TELL ME WHAT WILL HE LEARN IN THE HALL. Instead of getting to the root of the problems. I am not judging any teacher who works hard , but face it we all make a living, for that case as a nurse i deserve more money, because i work just as hard as the next, I am well aware of what it is like tp be a parent, i have 2 and one graduated form oxford, and is doing fine!!!!!!!!!!
AN Oxford parent wrote:
Are you people for REAL? OF COURSE the OASD teachers should be well compensated-better than they are right now! It is YOUR job as a parent to supply YOUR child with everything he/she needs to succeed in school. These teachers are just that-TEACHERS. They should NEVER be expected to be anything other than educators to these children. When you had a child, you took on that responsibility. Teachers are there to educate these children and, in my opinion, they are doing a phenomenal job of educating our children, for VERY little money.
If you think otherwise, volunteer in YOUR CHILD's school and see for yourself.
AN Oxford parent

United States

#44 Aug 25, 2009
First of all, the school board is made up of VOLUNTEERS-they are NOT paid.
Secondly, if a teacher put a student in the hallway, it is because that student was being so disruptive to the ENTIRE class that he needed to be removed. Teachers are educators, NOT parents, guidance counselors or anything else to YOUR students. Please allow them to do the job that they are completely UNDERPAID to do.
PA housewife

Mifflinburg, PA

#45 Aug 26, 2009
Can anyone tell me if it is true that the high school owns golf carts for the athletic department? If this is true, it would be pretty obvious about what the district priorties are. Teachers are going without the supplies and the support they need, which means that the students are also doing without the supplies and support they need. I would really like to see where the districts money is going.
8th Grader

Nottingham, PA

#46 Sep 9, 2009
I am a stundent at oxford area school district and i agree these taxes are crazy and there was no need for new building.
Betty

Conowingo, MD

#47 Oct 9, 2009
My husband and me are senior citizens if our taxes keep going up we will have to sell our house. Cause we can't afford to pay our taxes now. We live in Nottingham area.
Student

Philadelphia, PA

#48 Oct 10, 2009
Did you know your taxes are going to pay for lip gloss and temporary tattoos that are handed out in school to the students by the teachers?
Betty

Conowingo, MD

#52 Jan 23, 2010
There should easy way to get tax forms for the EMS tax. The school should provide them. I look on the computer could'd fine them.
theTRUTH

Oxford, PA

#53 Apr 18, 2013
I know this is an older post but it's time someone told the truth. If you can't afford your school tax, you dont deserve your home. That's just smart fiscal planning!

I'm part of a growing movement of people sick of all the crying about stuff.

In fact, we've began throwing foreclosure parties for those who lost their home to school taxes!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stop-Pennsylva...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quality Veterinary Hospital needed in Oxford (Aug '12) Jan 7 dogowner 9
Did the "Oxford Wheelchair Guy" die? Dec '14 littleelk95 2
I need help for xmas for my children. (Nov '10) Dec '14 heels20400 11
Oxford's nickname should be The City of Spiders Nov '14 Khailonewolf 2
Cochranville Nov '14 P Harrison 2
the ote Nov '14 Richard Fliehr 2
Bruce Johnston Crime Family (Jan '12) Nov '14 Len 10

Winter Storm Watch for Chester County was issued at January 31 at 7:45PM EST

Oxford Dating
Find my Match