Miami University student fashion/culture

Miami University student fashion/culture

Posted in the Oxford Forum

oxford by way of vegas

Oxford, OH

#1 Dec 2, 2011
I think it is somewhat funny that I was a freshman at Miami in 2005 and I was back in town and noticed that people are STILL on the northface/colombia gear lol. Six years later and people are wearing the exact same shit!?

Some other observations include the fact that it appears as though asians are the number one minority group in town now lol. maybe thats true maybe not. I believe that Oxford has an east coast vibe and furthermore a Boston vibe. And that is not a good thing by the way. I truly believe that the attidude in Oxford is a microcosm of Boston. People will look at you like you are retarded if you are not in their circle. And people in Boston dress similiar i.e. northface/colombia.

I must also say that the new business school is absolutely amazing. has to be one of the finest in the entire nation. It is amusing to me however that the school was basically under construction just as the 2008 crash happened. Let be honest there is no reason for the business school to be what it now is. The demand is simply not there for financial engineers and might never come back in fact. I just think it is funny that the expansion occured at the absolute peak of the economy right before shit hit the fan.
myxlplyx

Anonymous Proxy

#2 Dec 26, 2011
I find hubris in your observations and implore that you immediately find your spiritual center. Once you've realised the lack of elasticity in your interactions with other individuals, you'll actually attempt to achieve more than eye contact, and generate a conversation, and perhaps a friend.
Smoke

Hamilton, OH

#3 Dec 28, 2011
What The Hell Are You Talking About People Pay To Learn There But Of Coarse We are Talking About Miami Parents Pay High Dollar To Send There Kids There To Learn and The Only Thing That The Learn Is To Party,How To Get A DUI, Take Drugs, Rape, Make Meth,Make Unwanted Babies ,Work The Welfare System After Making Babies and Act Stupid.
These Kids Are Our Future Well If That Is True God Help Us.
oxford by way of vegas

Oxford, OH

#4 Jan 18, 2012
myxlplyx wrote:
I find hubris in your observations and implore that you immediately find your spiritual center. Once you've realised the lack of elasticity in your interactions with other individuals, you'll actually attempt to achieve more than eye contact, and generate a conversation, and perhaps a friend.
so you are weird as hell, is this what you are telling me? and your punk ass is not annoyed by all the asians?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To The SOB who ran over my dog (Feb '11) Aug 11 Fat farting boy 173
Haunted Midget House/Cry Baby Bridge (Jul '09) Jul 22 Travis 79
Indian Creek Tavern Jul 20 Ardy 2
News Somerville residents want to preserve their his... (Jul '10) Jul '17 Mister Stark Reality 5
officer Jones and doing nothing !!! (Dec '10) Jun '17 BCNYA 11
Matt Parsons (Jan '17) Jun '17 BCNYA 6
Hoarders (Jul '15) Jun '17 cassidy 5

Oxford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oxford Mortgages