N.C. soldier was only child; wife expecting first child

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

The parents of a North Carolina soldier killed in Iraq spoke to their son a day before he died, and the loss of their only child has hit the couple hard as the await the arrival of a grandchild.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Man, 2 mo' years...Whew!”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2007

Paul in SC wrote:
<quoted text>
Balanced. ROFL. The author is a friend of the Bush family and make money writing pro-Bush biographies. I'll be he's a regular on Fox News too.
And that makes your source better? They are completely neutral? Please! That's why a refer to "balance." Sorry for the confusion. I should have been more clear.

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2007

reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
And that makes your source better? They are completely neutral? Please! That's why a refer to "balance." Sorry for the confusion. I should have been more clear.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prescott_Bush
Investigator John Loftus has said, "As a former federal prosecutor, I would make a case for Prescott Bush, his father-in-law (George Walker) and Averell Harriman [to be prosecuted] for giving aid and comfort to the enemy. They remained on the boards of these companies knowing that they were of financial benefit to the nation of Germany." Two former slave laborers from Poland have filed suit in London against the government of the United States and the heirs of Prescott Bush in the amount of $40 billion. A class-action lawsuit filed in the U.S. in 2001 was dismissed based on the principle of state sovereignty.[5]

(For more information on the Bush family and the arms industry, see Samuel P. Bush.)

“ABOLISH ROE v WADE,and IRS!!!!”

Since: Jun 07

North Cackalacky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2007

Paul in SC wrote:
<quoted text>
So, take your pills, psycho, and put on your tin foil hat.
History is not kind to Republicans. The Republicans in Congress tried to block US aid to Britain and even suggested we go in on the side of Germany. George Bush's grandpa, Prescott Bush, sold tetra-ethyl lead to the Germans right up to the day they surrendered. This gasoline additive was absolutely essential for high performance aircraft engines. After the war, he was brought up on charges for aiding the enemy, but was able to use his incredible wealth to buy his way out it.
um... again what? You still talking about the Republicans? I don't care about what the Republicans or Prescott Bush did. You just can't admit that our military is the best in the world, and is responsible for defeating Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, which brought freedom to the world. I don't know why you suggest I take pills, I speak nothing but facts; you on the other hand suggest that a relative of George Bush who collaberated with the Germans during WW2 must make the current President a Nazi, that's just absurd. I have a grandfather that was a drug dealer, I guess that makes me a drug dealer. hmm I'm sure not all Republicans were isolationists, and those feelings were primarily before the war escalated; that is just like saying that the whole democratic party during racial segragation was for it, but not all were. Get your facts straight. Any way, those Republicans that were against going in to World War 2, didn't realy support Nazi Germany, they hated Roosevelt so much, they played politics. Oh by the way, the democrats don't have a clean record either Paul, both parties have their problems don't be naive in thinking that the Democrats are superior, you sir, need the pills and that tin foil hat, what a stupid saying anyways.

North Cackalacky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2007

Oh yeah, where's your pic Paul? There's no info on you neither. You like to come on and argue with people who share a differnt view without them seeing you or knowing anything about you. That's sad.

“Man, 2 mo' years...Whew!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2007

Paul in SC,
Please! Your boy John Loftus is about as impartial Rush Limbaugh! LOL!

He's been fired before for "mishandling" news items.

He lusts after anything or anyone that may be remotely viewed as anti-Jew, in his mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Loftus

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2007

reasonable wrote:
Paul in SC,
Please! Your boy John Loftus is about as impartial Rush Limbaugh! LOL!
He's been fired before for "mishandling" news items.
He lusts after anything or anyone that may be remotely viewed as anti-Jew, in his mind.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Loftus
Your link doesn't support any of that. There's no evidence that he was ever anything other than a good prosecutor in the 70's, and his work exposing Nazi war criminals hiding in this country was highly commendable.

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2007

a cruce salus wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't admit that our military is the best in the world, and is responsible for defeating Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan, which brought freedom to the world.
So, when did that become the subject? Why don't you take your Ritalin so you won't be all over the place.

North Cackalacky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

Paul in SC wrote:
<quoted text>
So, when did that become the subject? Why don't you take your Ritalin so you won't be all over the place.
Sure there, ya huh uh. I'm going to be the more mature adult here and not respond back with some insult.

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2007

a cruce salus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there, ya huh uh. I'm going to be the more mature adult here and not respond back with some insult.
So, tell us, are you steal beating your wife?
Liberator1

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2009

What a shameful remark by a totally shameless idiot. Get out of my face you moron!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oxford Discussions

Search the Oxford Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 hr State of Florida 54,893
Review: CPI Designs LLC Jul 3 Ron 1
job corp (Apr '08) Jun 17 wayne33 121
south african indian girls (Jun '11) May '14 Nitasha 6
Vanceboro family featured on 'Wife Swap' (Mar '09) May '14 Ashley 13
Do you approve of Renee Ellmers as Representative? (Feb '12) Apr '14 Terry 3
Review: Daymark Recovery Svsc Mar '14 Hope Howard 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oxford Jobs

•••