4 Found Slain, 3 in Maine Ski Area Inn

4 Found Slain, 3 in Maine Ski Area Inn

There are 17 comments on the The Associated Press story from Sep 5, 2006, titled 4 Found Slain, 3 in Maine Ski Area Inn . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Investigators searched a ski country bed and breakfast where the bodies of three women were found, and police discovered a fourth victim's remains Tuesday after arresting a 31-year-old cook who had been living ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Daniel Shelton

United States

#1 Sep 5, 2006
This guy is sick. He deserves death. He's putting my family through horrible trauma. I'm Selby's step-brother. They moved to Maine two years ago, they're great people. They didn't deserve this!
misa blue

AOL

#2 Sep 5, 2006
daniel,
i'm so sorry for your loss. i'm new to maine as well, and until a couple weeks ago i worked in bethel just a few doors up from the sudbury. this is shocking and tragic news. you and your family are in our prayers.
exiledfrommaine

Portland, OR

#3 Sep 5, 2006
daniel,
I'm sorry for your loss. he never seemed the kind of guy to do something like this, and as such he's obviously sick and doesn't deserve death...
Goldie Girl

AOL

#4 Sep 6, 2006
My heart hurts so bad for you and all of the families. I will pray for much needed strength to get you through this horrific time. God Bless. I am so sorry.
slyn61

Greenville Junction, ME

#5 Sep 6, 2006
living in Bethel and being one of Celby and her mothers friends it scares me so much! Her son is in my sons class at school, they are best of friends,...all I can say is, nothing, everything I feel is shock, anger and sadness, for the children, and the family. I will miss them so much. This is in no way fair, or right. I don't think this guy could just be sick because sick people are taken care of and "helped". He should be punnished, and pained, and suffer the concequences of his actions not only to Julie, Celby, and Cindy, but to the childern the family, and the entire Town of Bethel.
Wanda

AOL

#6 Sep 6, 2006
Condolences from Endicott, NY. Senseless killings of nice people effecting an entire community!

Apparently this killer had been used to a life of instant gratification and possibly has gotten away with more than we are privy to at present.

And why don't they feel too worried about paying for their crimes? Our justice system allows too many second chances....this guy is a mater manipulator and he is violent. Put him away or execute him!
TracyRich STPeteFl

Clearwater, FL

#7 Sep 6, 2006
I am Robin Mills sister. Robin has had Selby's kids with her and had to share this horrible news with these beautifull children. Mason, my nephew was playing with the kids the day they found out what had happened. My other nephew, Wayman dated Selby for sometime and I also had the pleasure of meeting her and Cindy. The reality of this is still sinking in to me, in that my very own sister could have very easily been with Cindy and Selby that day as they were always doing things togeather. They had just helped Selby move into her new pad down the street. While talking to Robin this morning on the phone, while she was trying to pull herself togeather, she was sitting on her front porch in the wicker chair that Cindy gave her a couple months ago, looking at the wind chime that Selby gave her on her birthday in January. I lost a best friend once, and until you have to go through that, I think you never will really know the meaning of losing a loved one. It hurts for a long long time. A different deep down hurt, not the same as a parent.
Robin moved to Bethel many many moons ago, and was searching for that home town feeling. Like, when we were kids, we could stay outside until the porch lights came on and Mom knew we were safe, no matter what. When a tragedy such as this strikes such a quaint, quiet little town, it makes you stop and think why? What makes people do these horrific acts? Acts like this that effect a whole town.
The people of Bethel came togeather many times for my family and my sister Robin. The acts of kindness were shown when Robin's dog, Shadow was killed on Main Street and had 8 pups at home that needed to be fed hourly. The town people came togeather and took shifts in taking the puppies home to give them the care they needed becuase Robin could not take care of them all by herself. The town also came togeather on many occasion to support Robin and Scott through all of Mason's surgeries. It is my hope that Bethel can still be remembered as a town for their acts of kindness, rather than this horrifc murder.
My heart goes out Daniel, all of Selby and Julie's family as well as Doug and Cindy's family. It also goes out to everyone in the town of Bethel and the surrounding little towns that this senseless tradegy has effected. I hope you all can at least find peace in knowing that the dude was caught and is not roaming the streets of your very special town. Daniel, if I can do anything at all for your family to help you through this, please e-mail me at tracylee_rich@yahoo.com I am going to try to get to Maine soon, so I can at least give out hugs.
karen

United States

#8 Sep 6, 2006
my condolences go out to all the familys....may god be with u at this time!!!
Fr Costanzo

AOL

#9 Sep 6, 2006
To all the famillies and loved ones,remember, the Lord holds all of you dear people in his loving enbrace. My brothers and I shall keep you all in our prayers both day and night. May you all find some measure of peace in your lives and may God bless and keep you in his love.
gail

United States

#10 Sep 7, 2006
I am so sorry to hear about everything. I pray that all of the families find comfort and sanity. Pray, God is there. Again, i am so so sorry. I will continue to pray for you. God Bless.
Sarah

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Sep 7, 2006
I grew up in Bethel and still spend alot of time there. I have know Cindy and her husband Doug for years and used to watch their little girl. I also had met Seldy through mutual friends more then once. Bethel is a small close community and if something like this can happen there it truly can happen anywhere. My worst fear is this sicko will get a slap on the hand for being "mentaly unstable", where the crimes occured over 4 days and were so full of hate and rage you cant tell me that it was not thought out, that he is not just evil and that he deserves anything less then death himself.
Kathy from Kennebunk

Joliette, Canada

#12 Sep 7, 2006
My husband and I have stayed at the inn 3 times over the last 2 years. Julie was always wonderful, welcoming, interesting, she loved people, art, books, music, good food, conversation, her pets,her family. This never should happen, ever. She had a wonderful life, much more important than her terrible death. May God be merciful to all touched by this crime.
peter

Kent, WA

#13 Sep 7, 2006
my heart goes out to all of the families affected, including and especially the nielsens. much love.
Ashley Lia

Hallowell, ME

#14 Sep 8, 2006
My condolences to all the families that this horrible thing happen to. It must have aweful. I know how it is to lose somebody so special to you. It hurts and I know. Just remember that they are not gone. They are right there watching over you. True Love is when somebody that you love is taken from you is to never forget them and keep them near your heart always.
EMB jewel

AOL

#15 Sep 8, 2006
Very sad my heart goes out to Cindys family we grew up in the same town and in the same neighborhood. Cindy was a few years older than me and we didnt now each other well but there are alot of sad people here in Sudbury who knew and loved cindy.
Sudbury, Mass>
BakersvillebBB

AOL

#16 Sep 9, 2006
Sympathy from the mountains of NC to all affected by this horrific crime. I grew up walking from my family's place by the farm house that became the Black Bear B&B to swim under the covered bridge. I remember skiing Sunday River through the 60's, 70's. Just two years ago I returned to the area and marveled over it's timeless peace and beauty. The violence this evil man committed against good people is both inconceivable, unforgivable. May family members and the towns of Newry and Bethel somehow find peace. Jann Verrill Welch
The Taylors From VA

Jenison, MI

#17 Sep 10, 2006
My husband and I stayed at the Inn on the day before we closed on our second home in Bethel last year. Julie was very sweet and kind. We enjoyed our brief stay there and enjoyed the conversation with Julie over breakfast. She told us she had land across the street and was going to build her a house there by the river. She sounded excited about it. We were very sad to learn what had heppened. We had spent Labor Day weekend in Bethel and heard about it in our car on the way home. We pray for all the families affected by this and hope that somehow they will find peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oxford County arrests (May '11) Jan '17 Sam 4
Veronika Christman, anyone know her? (Jul '13) Oct '15 jillzmom 3
Need Help Please (Aug '15) Sep '15 jillzmom 2
News Maine hopefuls split on gay unions (Sep '10) Jul '15 Alex - Infowars d... 153
Debate: Gay Marriage - Oxford, ME (Jan '12) Jun '15 Alice 2
News A peek into this week a " Jan. 23, 2014 (Feb '14) Feb '14 The More You Know 1
News American Legion Post to help count homeless vet... (Jan '13) Jan '13 onion 2

Oxford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oxford Mortgages