Something stinks in Auburn, Massachusetts

Posted in the Oxford Forum

Wallace

Newton Upper Falls, MA

#1 Mar 19, 2006
Something stinks in Auburn, Massachusetts, and it smells like the Auburn Water District, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals. There's some questionable real estate transactions going on between a town police officer,and Auburn Water District. Then,the cop, James Ljjungren, supposedly approaches an abutter to the property saying he's gonna build a single family home and a K9 kennel.
After he and the neighbor make a deal for frontage for a driveway, the chairman of the town Planning Board proposes a 24 unit rental complex smack dag in the middle of a bunch of single family homes on a small narrow street, Wallace Ave.
I'm sure there will be more to follow.
Wallace

Newton Upper Falls, MA

#2 Mar 19, 2006
The Planning board Chairman is David Delolliss
Wallace wrote:
Something stinks in Auburn, Massachusetts, and it smells like the Auburn Water District, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals. There's some questionable real estate transactions going on between a town police officer,and Auburn Water District. Then,the cop, James Ljjungren, supposedly approaches an abutter to the property saying he's gonna build a single family home and a K9 kennel.
After he and the neighbor make a deal for frontage for a driveway, the chairman of the town Planning Board, David Delollis, proposes a 24 unit rental complex smack dag in the middle of a bunch of single family homes on a small narrow street, Wallace Ave.
I'm sure there will be more to follow.
sunny

AOL

#3 Nov 2, 2006
Something stinks in Auburn, Massachusetts and its not just a few committees. Every single committee stinks - they are a bunch of idiots making bad decisions and the only ones paying the price are the taxpayers. And, with the rise in taxes and the overrides (which will happen EVERY year) the taxpayers are getting smart and flying the coop. Auburn is in a tail spin and heading for bankruptcy. Heck ! It's already been rated #351 out of the 351 communities in the state. Why not make headlines again!!!
New England Environmental

AOL

#4 Feb 19, 2007
I was at your town selectmen meeting, and can only say what the heck is going on at the last meeting. Anyway, Mr Delolliss your town planing board head stood in front of the board of selectmen to state violations that the Diamond group, a car dealership in your town that has made off with so many violation agains't them. How is it possable he can do that, is it related to showing his power, or does it simplely mean he can control what ever he wants. He stated they cut trees and were in violation, violation of what, the property they own is hyway business zoned, they pay taxes for the right to be seen from the road, so what is he saying they can't have that right. At the meeting he stated they cut trees on state property with out the right, yet your town building inspector showed a permit the diamond group recieved from the state, then he also stated there was no site plan, I'm hearing through the town office there is an existing site plan that allows the diamond group to operate. If any of this is true, maybe its time for Mr Dellollis to step down, he is clearly not for the town, people for the town tell it like it is, and even moreso do their homework to know the rights and laws to protect the people. I read another bad statement about him in this listing, I don't believe any of what I hear, and only half of what I read, so he has my benifit about rental units in a single family area that he might have pushed through. I'll end now, but trully, I hope this is not any of the case for Auburn, I really like your town and hope its not lead into bad leadership and the reputation that comes with that
masshole 2

Chicopee, MA

#5 Mar 4, 2007
dont let any more people build in auburn save the woods
SAD

Beaverton, OR

#6 May 5, 2007
I was born and raised in Auburn MA, went to Auburn Public Schools and Auburn Churches. I moved out of Auburn 12 years ago. I have a long line of family members who have been born and died in Auburn. How sad that Auburn has forgotten it's roots and what it owes to the community!! How sad that $$$ is put above the good people of Auburn and those who really care about the community! How sad that Auburn MA has become too expenisive to live in and that people like myself have been forced out due to lack of jobs and high real-estate prices. My Grandfather helped build Auburn MA and I can't even live there! How sad!!!!
Lisa

United States

#7 Jul 1, 2007
Wallace wrote:
The Planning board Chairman is David Delolliss<quoted text>
The woods that are on either side of Wallace Ave? How can they keep cutting down the woods? Money talks!!!!
sunny

AOL

#8 Sep 13, 2007
I hope you still take the time to read this site as, I have a response to your post. We are dealing with a small group of people who feel they can and are running the town just the way they want. We should rename the town "Proutyville" and have all of their devoted followers serve on all committees (of course, they already do!) But, it's time to stop this madness. It's time people, the taxpayers, stood solid ground and took back the town. We still have a town to be proud of - it's not too late! But, one or two people will not make a difference-we need power in numbers. Instead of staying at home and complaining, go to meetings - go vote. Take an active part in change because change is good. You don't have to be a rocket scientist - that's pretty obvious - to have a position in town but,m you do need to want to bring the town into good standing. We need help and we need it now.
Lisa Plasse-resident

Ludlow, MA

#9 Sep 20, 2007
I can't believe what the planning board is doing to this "town?" It's a mini Worcester. The roads are crap, the crime rate is sky rocketing, getting home is hell! I am looking to move out! I just can't stand it! I think I might get the higher government involved to see if the planning board is not pocketing some bribes on the side because this town (and that word is used loosely) is going to pot!
You dont believe me

Charlton, MA

#10 Dec 11, 2007
Auburn. The most dysfunctional town ever. period. Ask me anything, i'll tell you why it sucks.
I'll start by saying that rules, regs, and procedure cease to exist here.
Questions?
Stop the CORRUPTION

Haverhill, MA

#11 Dec 13, 2007
A similar situation in Berlin, MA as well... The Selectmen posing as Personnel Commitee... Board of Health wearing blinders... I've been told it's small town politics but in reality it's CORRUPTION !
person

Worcester, MA

#12 Oct 12, 2008
sunny wrote:
Something stinks in Auburn, Massachusetts and its not just a few committees. Every single committee stinks - they are a bunch of idiots making bad decisions and the only ones paying the price are the taxpayers. And, with the rise in taxes and the overrides (which will happen EVERY year) the taxpayers are getting smart and flying the coop. Auburn is in a tail spin and heading for bankruptcy. Heck ! It's already been rated #351 out of the 351 communities in the state. Why not make headlines again!!!
JERK
LAC

United States

#13 Nov 22, 2008
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
The woods that are on either side of Wallace Ave? How can they keep cutting down the woods? Money talks!!!!
Oh my God! I used to play in those woods when I was a kid!!! It aint the same old Auburn!!
Rob

Auburn, MA

#14 Dec 16, 2012
Its extremely sad what has happened to this town . Its dirty , the politics are dirty and and it stinks all the way around . Town of Auburn deserves everything they get . Get rid of the MORONS that run this town , get rid of the Nepotism and start thinking whats best for the people not the idiots that control Auburn.

The Police department is a joke along with the highway department . Are there any woods left in this town because everywhere you drive, all you see is empty dirty vacant building . Southbridge St. has got to be the dirtiest place I have ever seen.

NO PRIDE !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
webster (Apr '13) Mon HappyHoliday 20
Lookin to spoil lad 18-24 dudley Dec 22 hussain 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Charlton, MA (Nov '11) Dec 18 David Wetherbee 9
Framingham Removes Teacher For Alleged Racist R... Dec 10 sONE 2
Review: Gold Seal Waterproofing (Feb '10) Dec 8 Eugene Dean 5
Friend with TM Dec 6 emmaline1961 1
Neighbors oppose plan for drag strip, motocross... Nov 29 OpenMindedSturbri... 1

Flood Watch for Worcester County was issued at December 24 at 10:46PM EST

Oxford News Video

Oxford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Oxford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Oxford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Oxford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News