U.S. 52 "Project"
Randy

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Oct 31, 2008
I just read in th Benton Review about the maintenance work on 52 being complete and I'm speaking of the tar and chip project. What a joke. Resurfacing is set for 2012, this is "intended to help preserve the road until the time" says Debbie Calder public info officer for INDOT. Average daily traffic according to INDOT is less then 5,000 vehicles per day or less between the 353 interchange and Otterbein. Folks this is from a 2003 survey!!! How many windmills were there around here in 2003? What they did to 52 is junk, it was a waste. Average daily traffic is less then 5,000 vehicles according to a 2003 survey, good luck on getting anything fixed or any stoplight at BC until another survey is done. Which should have been done before the tar and choke project.
Warren

United States

#2 Apr 1, 2009
We need infrastructure and tax money flowing into Indiana instead of Iraq or Alaska is an improvement. But first we should fix what we have. Instead of a shiny 231 bypass, fix US 52 from Fowler to West Lafayette; it's a disgrace. US 41 is also quite bad, and it connects Terre Haute and metro Chicago. If you want to clear US 231, then synchronize the signals and build a pedestrian overpass at Stadium and another near Fowler.

Instead of four lanes of IN 43 plowing through the cornfields, fix the eastbound US 52 bridge over the Wabash because it is in as bad a shape as the I-35W bridge in Minneapolis that collapsed.
benton county citizen

Huntington, IN

#3 May 20, 2010
dont forget the county roads that the wind mill screwed up two yrs ago and still not fixed!!!!!!!!!! o i forgot all that money went to big wiggs!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oxford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indiana cougar sightings to become common (May '08) Aug 31 hoosier native 131
News Police enforce fireworks laws (Jul '08) Jul '17 Carol 9
Anyone good at making brochures/pamplets? Jun '17 The Guy 1
News West Lafayette to vote on immigration refuge re... (Mar '17) Mar '17 WildBillPurdue 1
News Purdue suspends 4 football players after sex as... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Trump16 3
News W.L. family shares struggle to survive (Mar '09) Oct '16 skeletons in her ... 22
who is that guy (Aug '16) Aug '16 curious 1

Oxford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oxford Mortgages