Superintendent FInalist
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Citizen

Mount Sterling, KY

#1 Jul 16, 2012
Story today is they have narrowed the choices for new Bath County Superintendent. Word is the finalists are Paul Christy, Todd Wilson and Greg Ramey. Any one else heard anything about it?

All three have been in district previously and left on not such good terms!!!
forwhatitsworth

Morehead, KY

#2 Jul 16, 2012
Greg Ramey is Nancy's best bud. We will have to thank her for his leadership.

Todd Wilson wasn't her favorite and he had some good ideas - he might be worthy of consideration.

Paul Christy has had some great experiences in Clark Co. He may have some positive traits to consider.

Just my opinions.
ehyouknow

Delbarton, WV

#3 Jul 16, 2012
Why don't we take the Board of Education...

AND PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE?
Blah

Morehead, KY

#4 Jul 17, 2012
Keep looking!
Uninformed

Morehead, KY

#5 Jul 17, 2012
Citizen wrote:
Story today is they have narrowed the choices for new Bath County Superintendent. Word is the finalists are Paul Christy, Todd Wilson and Greg Ramey. Any one else heard anything about it?
All three have been in district previously and left on not such good terms!!!
The screening committee hasn't even met. Thanks for the BS
Bonzo66

Evansville, IN

#6 Jul 17, 2012
Pity the poor soul that finally gets the job. With the bunch of morons they presently have on the board, a new superintendent doesn't have a chance. You got rid of Hutchinson, now get rid of the rest of the bozos and start all over. It's the only way to salvage the Bath Co. school system. As a former resident now living in another part of the state, whether you know it or not, the Bath Co. school system is considered to be a soap opera, and a bad one at that!
Ed Prichard

Morehead, KY

#7 Jul 17, 2012
Uninformed wrote:
<quoted text>
The screening committee hasn't even met. Thanks for the BS
Like that actually matters.
Idea

Dahlonega, GA

#8 Jul 17, 2012
Bonzo66 wrote:
Pity the poor soul that finally gets the job. With the bunch of morons they presently have on the board, a new superintendent doesn't have a chance. You got rid of Hutchinson, now get rid of the rest of the bozos and start all over. It's the only way to salvage the Bath Co. school system. As a former resident now living in another part of the state, whether you know it or not, the Bath Co. school system is considered to be a soap opera, and a bad one at that!
Who do you recommend to do the job fairly? Who would make a good board from each district?
Bonzo66

Evansville, IN

#9 Jul 18, 2012
Idea wrote:
<quoted text>Who do you recommend to do the job fairly? Who would make a good board from each district?
To be honest, I've been out of the county so long I'd be remiss to say who's available. I'd like to see people like an interested parent who had a kid that has already graduated, a professional with a financial backgound,(not a banker), a retired educational professional that taught in another system, for example. And most of all, such members shouldn't have prejudicial convictions or hidden agendas, grudges, etc. when they agree to serve. There are surely many people in Bath Co. with these qualities if they are willing to step forward.
I think

West Liberty, KY

#10 Jul 26, 2012
Paul Christy would do a good job. He's a decent man.
Greg Ramey would be a huge mistake.
Don't know the other guy.
Wow----

Lewis Center, OH

#12 Jul 26, 2012
I really don't have anything against any of them. But I think the school would be better off finding someone with no connections to anyone around here. Might be time to go outside the circle. know what I mean?
I think

West Liberty, KY

#13 Jul 26, 2012
Is Gary Ramey still around? He'd be really good.
Are there any of the retired people who would be willing?
It may be best to get somebody from the outside. There has been corruption in this county for way too long.
Does Paul Prater have the credentials for Superintendent? I realize some people don't like him, but he is a very good administrator and would do a good job.
Citizen

Paintsville, KY

#14 Jul 26, 2012
I know that Larry Tapp has been mentioned but from what I understand he did not apply for the very reason of the craziness surrounding this county. Larry would have been good but who in their right mind would take the one year contract this board can offer. May have a job one day and be fored the next. I say they hire an interim for a year and then do a full search next summer.
Not represented

Morehead, KY

#15 Jul 26, 2012
According to the KRS, an offer of the contract does not have to end June 30, 2013. It can run for 4 years (no more than 4 years), the contract just has to end on a June 30 date, so it could be June 2016. So if someone signs a contract for four years on September 4, 2012, it will have end on June 30, 2016, instead of September 3, 2016. Does that make sense? I am trying to explain it right!!!
yeah

Morehead, KY

#16 Jul 26, 2012
If your interested in a job here you have a screw loose. This place is the armpit of a state that is the butt hole of the nation.
former teacher

West Liberty, KY

#17 Jul 27, 2012
yeah wrote:
If your interested in a job here you have a screw loose. This place is the armpit of a state that is the butt hole of the nation.
Wow! What a stinking attitude! In this "so called" arm pit and behind hole, there are children who represent our future. These future citizens deserve the best shot we can give them. Now that there's a chance for positive change, we all need to work very hard to bring that about. A good, solid education is the place to begin! That won't happen with negative attitudes!
huh

Morehead, KY

#18 Jul 27, 2012
There was such a rush when Bil Boyd was suspended to replace him with Vearl and get the supers contract extended and settle the lawsuit. I think that was also when the lawyer got her contract or whatever and they seem to be having trouble getting rid of her now form the paper. So what I am wondering as was brought up about a board member who was absent previously and nothing done about it during the Boyd/Vearl problem is this. Hasn't Sandy missed several meetings and no outcry for someone to be in her place. I just thought it worth mentioning, but actually think it is best she does not show up.
Citizen

Winchester, KY

#19 Jul 28, 2012
The reason for the one year contract is becasue when three board meebers are up for election that all they can offer.
Not represented

Morehead, KY

#20 Jul 29, 2012
They cannot offer anything from the time they are elected in November to the time they actually take office in January. This is to ensure that no one get put in before the new board take effect, but it does not apply to the length of the contract.
Read it for yourself

Morehead, KY

#21 Jul 29, 2012
160.350 Superintendent of schools -- Appointment -- Term -- Vacancy -- Qualifications -- Removal -- Contract extension.
(1) After considering the recommendations of a screening committee, as provided in KRS 160.352, each board of education shall appoint a superintendent of schools whose term of office shall begin on July 1, following the individual's appointment. The appointment may be for a term of no more than four (4) years. In the event a vacancy occurs in the office of superintendent prior to the expiration of the term set by the board, the term shall expire on the date the vacancy occurs. Therefore, the board may appoint a superintendent for a new term as provided in this subsection, which shall begin on the date of the superintendent's appointment, except when the vacancy occurs after a school board election and before the newly elected members take office. When a vacancy occurs during this period, the position shall not be filled until the new members take office, but the board may appoint an acting superintendent to serve a term not to exceed six (6) months. This appointment may be renewed once for a period not to exceed three (3) months. If a vacancy occurs, a local board may also appoint an acting superintendent during the period the screening committee pursuant to KRS 160.352 conducts its business and prior to the actual appointment of the new superintendent. No superintendent shall resign during a term and accept a new term from the same board of education prior to the expiration date of the present term. In the case of a vacancy in the office for an unexpired term, the board of education shall make the appointment so that the term will end on June 30. The board shall set the salary of the superintendent to be paid in regular installments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owingsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Champ (again) 15 min CigarBurn 3
The Real Truth about Christianity 11 hr Two Tone 7
Poll Who will you be voting for in the upcoming Stat... 13 hr Interesting 0
Rickey Crump lets do it again Thu jenny gump 12
News Police in Bath County investigating burglary spree (Apr '13) Wed Lorrie 11
If the skateboarders are so good ... (Oct '08) Wed love one another 23
probation office Tue super offender 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owingsville Mortgages