Consolidate County Police

Consolidate County Police

Posted in the Owingsville Forum

Speedy

Morehead, KY

#1 Jul 24, 2012
I read in the paper where someone wants to give himself a job over all the county law enforcement here. That would take a lot of work from the sheriff, so I cannot see him going against it. New positions would open up and the promise of promotions would flourish for those already working. A request not to make a hasty decision on the proposal, sounds like not everyone has been groomed for the passage yet, and it will be passed quietly at a later date. I cannot see that we have a big problem with criminals, if we do, we should elect those that can get the job done. Grant money is already available if we had someone working on that aspect of securing finances. It was stated in the paper that your taxes would increase for this project. If combining the county law enforcement did make a big difference on arrest, are you willing to also pay more new extra taxes to house those new criminals that apparently exist for this project. Do you know how many thousands of your tax dollars are now being sent to Montgomery County for housing Bath County criminals? Can we afford to arrest everyone that breaks a law, cause they are making new laws every year, like we don't have enough of them already. Once the grant money expires, which it will, guess who picks up the cost then, the taxpayers is who. There is a simple solution to increase public awareness of criminal activity, and lower the current cost of police protection. Can anyone guess how to do it? If not, let's keeping throwing money at it, if we can get it on water, maybe the weight of the money will drown it. lol That's the ticket.
Taxpayer

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Jul 24, 2012
Guess who will be paying ?
People who own property and working .
People who have no property and does not work will not have to pay a $1 .
Does not seem fair to me .
joe blow

Mount Sterling, KY

#3 Jul 26, 2012
Taxpayer wrote:
Guess who will be paying ?
People who own property and working .
People who have no property and does not work will not have to pay a $1 .
Does not seem fair to me .
Cry baby
Bottom Line

Hillsboro, KY

#4 Jul 26, 2012
Bottom Line: Boling says it will cost $900,000. Let's just give Tuffy half that and he will hire ten deputies. The whole idea is stupid.
Jason

Lexington, KY

#5 Jul 28, 2012
Who wouldnt like to have more Law Enforcement in their community,I have had my cars broken into and tools stolen from my barn but I know that Bath County is mostly a poor community with little Police presence in the area. I think with what our local authorities have to work with, that they do the best they can with what they have. Basicaly with no man power along with second rate equipment and low wages you can only do so much and you know the old saying that you only get what you pay for. Grants are great if you can get them,they are harder to get due to the Government cut backs and they do run out after a few years and then the County has to pick up the tab. I dont know what we can do about the problems, We can always ask for more KSP assistance in the county, get some grants but we have to rally and support our local people to start getting things done and get the community more involved. It seems alot of people want but no one wants to do anything about it. Times are tough and people are tired so Im sure something could be done but firstly we have to get the community involved, support the idea/plan and support the Law enforcement Officers when they are just doing their jobs...
church

Hillsboro, KY

#6 Jul 28, 2012
Jason wrote:
Who wouldnt like to have more Law Enforcement in their community,I have had my cars broken into and tools stolen from my barn but I know that Bath County is mostly a poor community with little Police presence in the area. I think with what our local authorities have to work with, that they do the best they can with what they have. Basicaly with no man power along with second rate equipment and low wages you can only do so much and you know the old saying that you only get what you pay for. Grants are great if you can get them,they are harder to get due to the Government cut backs and they do run out after a few years and then the County has to pick up the tab. I dont know what we can do about the problems, We can always ask for more KSP assistance in the county, get some grants but we have to rally and support our local people to start getting things done and get the community more involved. It seems alot of people want but no one wants to do anything about it. Times are tough and people are tired so Im sure something could be done but firstly we have to get the community involved, support the idea/plan and support the Law enforcement Officers when they are just doing their jobs...
agree totally
Time for Honesty

Morehead, KY

#7 Jul 29, 2012
Jason wrote:
Grants cannot be received unless they are applied for. Menifee County has three times the sheriff's department, yet they are poorer than we are. Why? Because their sheriff applies for grants. Tuffy has NEVER applied for a grant. Why? He is not able to. He would make a great deputy, but he is a massive failure as sheriff.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8 Jul 29, 2012
i am in desperate need of a "Matt Dillon" brand of law officer.
soft

Plummers Landing, KY

#9 Jul 29, 2012
An Aching Heart wrote:
i am in desperate need of a "Matt Dillon" brand of law officer.
I thought you were married?
master mind

Mount Sterling, KY

#10 Jul 29, 2012
Time for Honesty wrote:
<quoted text>
Grants cannot be received unless they are applied for. Menifee County has three times the sheriff's department, yet they are poorer than we are. Why? Because their sheriff applies for grants. Tuffy has NEVER applied for a grant. Why? He is not able to. He would make a great deputy, but he is a massive failure as sheriff.
Tuffy is a great sheriff he just can't hold every deputies hand.and as far as putting the departments together the city can't even do there job.Tuffy has one good deputy why pay more that all they do is chase women or set at bottom of the hill.find some more "MVI"and you will have deputies that no how to do the job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owingsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toys for Tots Question (Dec '12) 14 hr RBV 61
Hunt Brothers Sat Cardboard topping 2
News Three arrested at meth lab in Bath County (Feb '12) Fri cathy 26
stumpy loves beer Fri not stumpy 3
joe mccarty and bath salt Fri cracker 1
i want stumpy to eat mud Thu G Gordon Flash Ti... 2
stump got a arm pit Thu not stumpy 4

Owingsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance