Republicans Democrats
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dave

United States

#21 Aug 3, 2012
Look over them wrote:
<quoted text>
Our forefathers used slave labor to build their wealth.
the english sold over 300000 Irish into slavery in the new world in 1645. a lot of them got rich.
nobrainer

Lexington, KY

#22 Aug 3, 2012
Look over them wrote:
<quoted text>
Our forefathers used slave labor to build their wealth.
I don't disagree with you, but I want to know what happened to your forty acres and a mule that uncle sam gave the slave families? How many of those families still have or can show growth from the forty acres and the mule. My point is that reguardless of how the good intentions were, when it's given it normally gets gone! When it earned it's most likely kept!
You Know

United States

#23 Aug 3, 2012
Warren Buffet (millionaire/trillionaire) has gone on record as saying that his personal secretary actually pays more taxes than he does. Buffet also went on to say that there is something wrong with the system when this happens.

I would agree that the system needs an overhaul!

I doubt anything will ever be done about it with the clowns that are in Congress now though.
brainwashed

Lexington, KY

#24 Aug 3, 2012
You Know wrote:
Warren Buffet (millionaire/trillionaire) has gone on record as saying that his personal secretary actually pays more taxes than he does. Buffet also went on to say that there is something wrong with the system when this happens.
I would agree that the system needs an overhaul!
I doubt anything will ever be done about it with the clowns that are in Congress now though.
Tell everyone you know to stop sending the same old slugs back to Congress! That's what the Teaparty has started. By the way you can be from either party and still support som of the actions of the Teaparty!
Look over them

Lexington, KY

#25 Aug 3, 2012
nobrainer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree with you, but I want to know what happened to your forty acres and a mule that uncle sam gave the slave families? How many of those families still have or can show growth from the forty acres and the mule. My point is that reguardless of how the good intentions were, when it's given it normally gets gone! When it earned it's most likely kept!
My family never got forty acres and a mule. My family owned slaves. Getting that out of the way, your point doesn't make sense and is ignoring history. Even if every slave got forty acres and a mule, the odds were still stacked against black people. You can't deny that. And it's not just black people that weren't given the chance to earn. We want to pretend we don't have a class system in this country but we do. How many people get into Harvard or Yale based on their family name and not on their own merit? Sure people break through that class ceiling sometimes but for the most part people stay in their class. The Republicans have convinced white, middle-class voters (mainly men) that their values are the same as those in the top 1%. That's why the right wing courts evangelicals. It's a dog and pony show.
dave

United States

#26 Aug 3, 2012
Look over them wrote:
<quoted text>
My family never got forty acres and a mule. My family owned slaves. Getting that out of the way, your point doesn't make sense and is ignoring history. Even if every slave got forty acres and a mule, the odds were still stacked against black people. You can't deny that. And it's not just black people that weren't given the chance to earn. We want to pretend we don't have a class system in this country but we do. How many people get into Harvard or Yale based on their family name and not on their own merit? Sure people break through that class ceiling sometimes but for the most part people stay in their class. The Republicans have convinced white, middle-class voters (mainly men) that their values are the same as those in the top 1%. That's why the right wing courts evangelicals. It's a dog and pony show.
obama got into harvard on a Kenyan muslim name.
brainwashed

Murphy, NC

#27 Aug 3, 2012
Look over them wrote:
<quoted text>
My family never got forty acres and a mule. My family owned slaves. Getting that out of the way, your point doesn't make sense and is ignoring history. Even if every slave got forty acres and a mule, the odds were still stacked against black people. You can't deny that. And it's not just black people that weren't given the chance to earn. We want to pretend we don't have a class system in this country but we do. How many people get into Harvard or Yale based on their family name and not on their own merit? Sure people break through that class ceiling sometimes but for the most part people stay in their class. The Republicans have convinced white, middle-class voters (mainly men) that their values are the same as those in the top 1%. That's why the right wing courts evangelicals. It's a dog and pony show.
You have it reversed "evangelicals court the right wing"! I'm so proud that we're prefered by the majority of God loving Americans.
Osamma

Owingsville, KY

#28 Aug 4, 2012
Republicans are so indebted to the rich that they actually can't support any tax reform that makes the wealthy pay the same as the middle class.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owingsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2018 election 8 min Fool 53
Amish man to run for County Judge? 3 hr greg 15
Once you go Amish, you never go back 3 hr Ho Ho Ho 2
Overdoses 7 hr greg 41
Petition to make Bath County Wet 9 hr Inevitable 23
OPD Patrolling Outside of City 10 hr John 10
The eclipse and Astrology 20 hr Romeo 1

Owingsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owingsville Mortgages