Toys for Tots Question
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mom

Georgetown, KY

#1 Dec 14, 2012
Hi,
I was wanting to know from people who have recieved from toys for tots how many presents each child gets. Also, do they give out stocking stuffers like other counties? Thanks in Advance!
milking the system

West Liberty, KY

#2 Dec 14, 2012
IF you have enough money to get on here and ask,(internet & a computer) you don't need toys for tots.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
not so fast

Morehead, KY

#4 Dec 15, 2012
NOT wrote:
<quoted text>It's plain to see you are abusing the system,why would you care how many gifts they give out for each kid.unless you want to sell them and get you some drug money,you low lives bring these kids into this world.and not being able to pay for there needs.SO DON'T CALL YOUR SELF A MOM.
That should of been your name.You really don't know why this poster ask those questions.You are just one of the many of today that would rather be hurtful instead of being helpful.Why do people like you always want to jump and say they are on drugs?I don't know maybe from personal experience,but anyway,People like you just make me sick.Not everyone that needs a little help is on drugs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
not so fast

Morehead, KY

#5 Dec 15, 2012
Sorry,I changed my poster name before posting.I decided to be helpful instead of putting that on here, and being hurtful like you.
milking the system

West Liberty, KY

#6 Dec 15, 2012
The original poster is just another example of people bilking the system. Have you ever heard the saying "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"? I will stand by my original response.....and add this: Charity is wonderful, but why do you need it if you can get on the internet and want a detailed report of what Toys for Tots will "give" your children. It's FREE and it's Chairity and it's a gift......it's meant for children who would have nothing if it weren't for their generosity. Stop being ungrateful or get a job and buy your children Christmas gifts with money that you EARNED. IF you can get on the internet and type, there's a job somewhere waiting for you if you're not too lazy to look..........
Mom

Georgetown, KY

#7 Dec 16, 2012
Wow! What responses my question sparked. Actually you should really know what you are talking about before you jump to conclusions like you did. I am not a Toys for Tots recipient but a donor. I recently donated several toys to the program and was wondering how many toys and things these children actually recieve.How sad your lives must be! Be helpful not hurtful :)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
hog

Flemingsburg, KY

#8 Dec 16, 2012
People rush to judgement such a shame
really

Dartmouth, Canada

#9 Dec 18, 2012
Mom wrote:
Wow! What responses my question sparked. Actually you should really know what you are talking about before you jump to conclusions like you did. I am not a Toys for Tots recipient but a donor. I recently donated several toys to the program and was wondering how many toys and things these children actually recieve.How sad your lives must be! Be helpful not hurtful :)
hey your full of sh**because why would you want to see if they gave out stocking stuffers well did you donate any why would u ask that if you already gave they would have told you that when u kindly mad your donation ao u are full if bull but nice try
what a shame

Mount Sterling, KY

#10 Dec 19, 2012
People want to know how to get something and then all you get is some smart ass talking trash. Is all the people in Bath county like that.first thing right of the bat they call everyone a drug head just cause some mother asked about toys for tots and people think because she has a computer she has money. How pathetic are you people in Bath county. So damn quick to judge.
spirit

United States

#11 Dec 19, 2012
These programs can truly make a child's Christmas. The sad thing is the unreal numbers of ppl who abuse it! I believe the programs should be for children who would not have anything, not for parents who just want MORE or just take advantage because it is a "freebie". I also believe that once you have been a recipient for a few years (unless the parents are disabled, handicapped,) that you should NOT be permitted to continue to receive from the programs--this is abuse and it takes away from families who truly do need some help. Unless you are disabled or handicapped you should only be able to get government assistance in any form for no more than 5 years. We all fall on hard times in our lives. A person may lose their home to fire or foreclosure, lose a job, have an illness, take care of long term sick family member, ect., and need some assistance to get back on their feet. That is what government (or any other) programs are for. We have elderly or handicapped/disabled ppl who receive little to no help but then young, strong, able bodied ppl who get everything from foodstamps, utilities paid for, free cell phones, free housing, and so forth--now, what is wrong with this picture? We should help those in need (if we can) not only at Christmas, but all year. Just not those who "LIVE OFF the system while our elderly and truly needy ppl do without!
Mom

Mount Sterling, KY

#12 Dec 19, 2012
spirit wrote:
These programs can truly make a child's Christmas. The sad thing is the unreal numbers of ppl who abuse it! I believe the programs should be for children who would not have anything, not for parents who just want MORE or just take advantage because it is a "freebie". I also believe that once you have been a recipient for a few years (unless the parents are disabled, handicapped,) that you should NOT be permitted to continue to receive from the programs--this is abuse and it takes away from families who truly do need some help. Unless you are disabled or handicapped you should only be able to get government assistance in any form for no more than 5 years. We all fall on hard times in our lives. A person may lose their home to fire or foreclosure, lose a job, have an illness, take care of long term sick family member, ect., and need some assistance to get back on their feet. That is what government (or any other) programs are for. We have elderly or handicapped/disabled ppl who receive little to no help but then young, strong, able bodied ppl who get everything from foodstamps, utilities paid for, free cell phones, free housing, and so forth--now, what is wrong with this picture? We should help those in need (if we can) not only at Christmas, but all year. Just not those who "LIVE OFF the system while our elderly and truly needy ppl do without!
Very Well Said!
Mom

Mount Sterling, KY

#13 Dec 19, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text> hey your full of sh**because why would you want to see if they gave out stocking stuffers well did you donate any why would u ask that if you already gave they would have told you that when u kindly mad your donation ao u are full if bull but nice try
Not that it really matters what you think but you are so WRONG! I was simply asking about the stocking stuffers because I had heard from another lady that she thought they gave them out. I thought that that would be a really cool thing for the children to not only get presents but also little things for their stockings. Also, my donations were placed into a large cardboard container and there was no one around to ask. My children picked out the gifts and got to put them in there themselves.
Sam

Arnold, MO

#14 Dec 19, 2012
milking the system wrote:
IF you have enough money to get on here and ask,(internet & a computer) you don't need toys for tots.
Agree. Along with other three hand outs they get. At a dollar store, thrift stores and Good Wills you could get a couple of to toys, books, clothing, and even shoes. If money tight skip the stocking stuff or get something like this http://frugalliving.about.com/od/gifts/a/Chea... .

Ingore gender seterotype part of the list. Other wise it's a great list, cheap and most can be usefull /needed then blowing $400 dollars for bunch of toys that'll get use one of twice.
Sam

Arnold, MO

#15 Dec 19, 2012
spirit wrote:
I like to add elderly and mental ill too. If you young and health get off your ass and find a job. THat include so called stay at home mothers aka I'm too lazy to work and want to milk both kids fahter and goverment for money. Your not ill nor an elder put the kid in daycare or work part time and leave them with a babysister.
spirit

United States

#16 Dec 19, 2012
To Sam, I did include the elderly and while I did not specify mental disability, I would imagine that it would fall under the "disabled" category. While I am not a say at home mother now, I have been in the past, and I can attest to the fact that not all stay at home moms (or dads) are lazy and take advantage of the system. If a family is able to manage financially for one of the parents to be home with their children that is great, and no ones business. It is wonderful when children are able to be home with a parent if feasible, instead of attending daycare (not that there is anything wrong with daycare). However, when the parent (parents) are home just because they don't "want" to work or so they can draw welfare and much more, that is wrong and this situation is "usually" not a positive or healthy environment for the child. Although I do know a family in which both parents are disabled, they do receive a great deal of assistance but they take really good care of their one child, their child is unaware of the manner in which they make ends meet, and they are grateful for the help they get and do not abuse the system. Familes such as this one are few and far between. Also, as for a mom milking an absent father, I have to agree AND disagree with this statement--if the parents are divorced or no longer together, it is his responibility to help take care of their child financially BUT the mother must do her part also. They both created the child, so they BOTH need to take care of that child.
to rich snobs

United States

#17 Nov 30, 2013
NOT wrote:
<quoted text>It's plain to see you are abusing the system,why would you care how many gifts they give out for each kid.unless you want to sell them and get you some drug money,you low lives bring these kids into this world.and not being able to pay for there needs.SO DON'T CALL YOUR SELF A MOM.
after most people who is not a rich snob pays their rent and bills and a car loan and car insurance and buy food for their kids were lucky if we have money left over like you rich snobs. So don't. Say bacause people need help that every one who is poor is drug addicts and are going to sell the presents because if it was not for the help most kids would not get nothing for Christmas like the rich snobs
to rich snobs

United States

#18 Nov 30, 2013
Quote That should of been your name.You really don't know why this poster ask those questions.You are just one of the many of today that would rather be hurtful . And many you are a drug addict and should not have your kids you hurtful bi.... And your an ignorant a.. hole .
elf

Winder, GA

#19 Dec 2, 2013
I agree with some of these posts. However I have to disagree that everyone who is financially burdened is on drugs. We have poor & wealthy ppl on drugs just as well as ones who are not on them. It is our government who has ppl so messed up on welfare. I agree with the above statement that 5 years should be the limit to receive assistance with the exception of the elderly & the disabled. Unfortunately ppl fall on hard times in life, whether it be sickness, family illness, loss of job, house fire, ect. & this is when government assistance should come into play, to help ppl get back on their feet. Instead the government seems to encocurage ppl to live off the system with foodstamps in huge amounts (while I have known an elderly widowed woman to receive as little as $30 per month), free housing, free cell phones, free day care, free school meals, electric/heat assistance, medical cards, free college, and so much more. The government makes it to where if a person tries to work and get on their feet they lose all their assistance. So yes, of course ppl live better than us. They should be allowed to keep their assistance while they get on their feet, and THEN lose it, but not while they are trying. But those who abuse it, who have NO intentions of bettering themselves, who choose to be a burden & boil on society, should have it cut off. Want to eat? Want a cell phone? W ant medical insurance? Want a home? Get a damn job like everyone else & pay for it yourself like everyone else has to! These young, healthy men & women who receive a million times more than the ppl who NEED it (elderly & disabled) really burn my butt. We live paycheck to paycheck like most others.we are not poverty but also nowhere near rich but yet we pay taxes every check to support lazy bums. I wish it went to ppl who need it, ppl who are disabled, the elderly. If the government could get all the young healthy ppl who simply choose noy to work, off of the assistance, then we could see the truly deserving able to get much more help. That would be so great to see those ppl be able to live comfortably & not have to spread out their pitiful little amount of foodstamps or to have to keep their thermostat heat set on 60 degrees, or go without much needed medical attention, or worse yet go without their medicine. THOSE are the ppl who break my heart! Not the young man & woman in front of me in the grocery line who won't get married bc they would lose some of their assistance, who drive a brand new $40k vehicle, who have several children and have 2 full buggied of junk food/pop/big expensive steaks & whip out 2 different foodstamp cards that total over $1000, and then make calls on their government paid cell phones. Which the cellphone is a whole other topic. Shouldnt those be for the elderly, disabled, domestic abuse situations?
Help

United States

#20 Dec 3, 2013
Has the deadline already passed for this year? Where do you go to sign your children up? I recently lost my job and am in the process of getting another one. I have two small children and have busted my butt always for them. I am lucky to still have my internet on considering my circumstances. I do not receive foodstamp a or any kind of assistance. I just needed a lil help with brightening my children's Christmas Day!!! Thank u :)
annoyed at your stupidity

Narvon, PA

#21 Dec 8, 2013
milking the system wrote:
It is possible they're using internet for free at the library. I can't afford internet and don't have it in my home but I'm still able to use it. And not only that but I've seen internet plans as low as $20 a month. My point being that internet is not terribly expensive and just because someone has it doesn't mean they don't need help buying their children toys at Christmas.$20 won't get you much of a Christmas. If it's all you have you can make it work but I think it's wonderful that there are still good people out there willing to help those in need. To a child it's shitty to see other children they know receiving tons of nice gifts when their parents can't afford to get them anything. And if it wasn't for programs like that many children wouldn't have a Christmas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owingsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When you see animals abused, report to authorities 3 hr Bobby 1
Wal mart???? 3 hr John 2
Overdoses 7 hr huh 40
Willy 19 hr Help 3
keith wilson????? (Dec '10) 20 hr justice for pilar 17
Shut up Jimmie Roberts 20 hr pat 17
Daren Reinhard Sat Redneck 1

Owingsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance