|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

opinion wrote:
mo, if someone is not guilty, comments wouldn't be taken personally. I know they do not bother me.
Although asked several times, no one has explained why hemp is illegal.
mo
We have all met with your scorn and riducle, now I am beginning to wonder why. How could everyone be wrong and you are right? Hmmmm!! Explain why hemp is illegal, we are waiting to hear your explanation.
Snowbird

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Sorry, ridicule
Snowbird

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Explaination
opinion

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Snowbird wrote:
<quoted text> We have all met with your scorn and riducle, now I am beginning to wonder why. How could everyone be wrong and you are right? Hmmmm!! Explain why hemp is illegal, we are waiting to hear your explanation.
mo, no one knows why or has given a reason as to why hemp is an illegal plant, and that is why the question still remains to be answered and a fair opinion without government propaganda, please. mo
flower child

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

Snowbird wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, you and I evidently read the same articles, except I made the mistake of "copy and paste" so others would benefit and was chastised for the effort!
I noted that...which is why I "Readers Digested" the article. I have no problem with hemp production...as long as the "smokable" portion isn't distributed.
flower child

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

opinion wrote:
<quoted text>mo, no one knows why or has given a reason as to why hemp is an illegal plant, and that is why the question still remains to be answered and a fair opinion without government propaganda, please. mo
I did explain why hemp is illegal. I gave the names of the principal participants of the hoax as well as dates it happened. I did not use a government site to gain my information. I used a "pro hemp" site.
opinion

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

flower child wrote:
<quoted text> I did explain why hemp is illegal. I gave the names of the principal participants of the hoax as well as dates it happened. I did not use a government site to gain my information. I used a "pro hemp" site.
mo, yes you did give us a good answer and I thank you very much. While is explanatory as why it is illegal, there is no real reasoning behind any rationale. If law enforcement wanted to eradicate and stop marijuana, hemp would be the first and most cost effective line of defense, mo.
flower child

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

opinion wrote:
<quoted text>mo, yes you did give us a good answer and I thank you very much. While is explanatory as why it is illegal, there is no real reasoning behind any rationale. If law enforcement wanted to eradicate and stop marijuana, hemp would be the first and most cost effective line of defense, mo.
Of course there is no rational reasoning. I think that was the point. It was a bill that hood-winked the public into believing that marihuana was a whole new imported drug. That's why they called it "marihuana". People didn't know that it was actually HEMP. Had DuPont sponsored a bill to make growing "HEMP" illegal, that bill would have never passed. Hemp was a huge farming crop which legally brought billions into the USA's economy. It comes down to Wm. Randolph Hearst and DuPont teaming together to squash hemp production. Keep in mind that the Hearst dynasty was in newspapers. What were they printed on? Prior to the Marihuana Tax Act, most "good" paper was printed on paper that contained hemp fibers. I haven't researched this quite that far, but I'm betting that somewhere in history, we will discover that Hearst had an in with the lumber industry to provide wood pulp from which the paper was derived to print his newspapers on. That would explain the yellow journalism that spewed from his papers regarding that new drug that nobody had ever heard of before called "Marihuana". I agree that if true hemp was legalized, there would be a boom in farming economy. Industrial hemp provides little or no THC content, so attempting to smoke it would be futile. It would also squelch much of the drain on petrolium products. One small plant, organic and easily grown....bringing relief to so many facets of economic problems. It's little wonder it stays illegal. It would solve too many problems and topple too many dynasties.
nice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

flower child wrote:
<quoted text>Of course there is no rational reasoning. I think that was the point. It was a bill that hood-winked the public into believing that marihuana was a whole new imported drug. That's why they called it "marihuana". People didn't know that it was actually HEMP. Had DuPont sponsored a bill to make growing "HEMP" illegal, that bill would have never passed. Hemp was a huge farming crop which legally brought billions into the USA's economy. It comes down to Wm. Randolph Hearst and DuPont teaming together to squash hemp production. Keep in mind that the Hearst dynasty was in newspapers. What were they printed on? Prior to the Marihuana Tax Act, most "good" paper was printed on paper that contained hemp fibers. I haven't researched this quite that far, but I'm betting that somewhere in history, we will discover that Hearst had an in with the lumber industry to provide wood pulp from which the paper was derived to print his newspapers on. That would explain the yellow journalism that spewed from his papers regarding that new drug that nobody had ever heard of before called "Marihuana". I agree that if true hemp was legalized, there would be a boom in farming economy. Industrial hemp provides little or no THC content, so attempting to smoke it would be futile. It would also squelch much of the drain on petrolium products. One small plant, organic and easily grown....bringing relief to so many facets of economic problems. It's little wonder it stays illegal. It would solve too many problems and topple too many dynasties.
one of the most imformative posts made, mo. Thank you.. Appreciated.
THE REAL HUH

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Pappy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Wow I am an IRAC combat vet and highly decorated I have smoked for 30 years and love nothing like a good OG bud.So pick on something that is harmful and leave me and my herb alone and we both will have a good day. LEGALIZE EVERYWHERE 4:20
Pappy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

WOW I am a highly decorated Irac war vet and have smoked for 30 yrs.I own my home and have been very successful in life and answer to GOD only.So leave me and my herb alone.So dont blame your useless life on weed.I have always been #1 in anything I choose to do.Dont use this as an excuse for being a loser. LEGALIZE EVERYWHERE.4:20 PEACE OUT
sissy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

i agree with pappy life is what you make of it dont blame pot pills are the problem
Uyant2

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

Toolfan955 wrote:
When it comes to dangerous drugs, marijuana comes in pretty low on the totem pole. Easily below alcohol and even below nicotine in some respects.
Efforts should be focused upon prescription drug abuse before we start worrying about anything else.
Have yet to hear of anyone smoking themselves to death. What a bunch of idiots. Hell beer will kill you faster and its allowed

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Smoke Smoke Smoke that cigarette,

Puff Puff Puff and if you puff yourself to death,

Tell St. Peter at the Golden Gate,

that you just hate to make him wait,

but you've got to have another cigarette

~~Cigarettes are the real killers along with alcohol. Why aren't these known killers made illegal? j/s
crystal

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Counselor wrote:
<quoted text>Using Marijuana Before Age 17
"There is a fairly long history of research showing that early cannabis (marijuana) use is associated with increased risks for later use of so-called 'hard drugs,' but that research is based on the fact that most heroin and cocaine users report first having used cannabis," says lead author Michael T. Lynskey, Ph.D., a visiting assistant professor of psychiatry at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and senior research fellow at the Queensland Institute of Medical Research in Brisbane, Australia. Another one of many
Where they asked about their caffiene use? Caffiene is usually one of the first substances of this sort that all people are faced with. Our children love pop. I try to give healthier options but even juice has excessive sugar. Subliminally how could Caffiene and sugar mold a child's mind into enjoyn the rush they experience after injesting. They like the taste and the way it makes them feel. It makes me think that is the gateway drug. You may not realize how it alters your mind and body.
Pot helps a lot of ailments. It is time to legalize it. The number of people in jail over pot is crazy. Smoking pot shouldn't make a fine, outstanding citizen into a cold hearted criminal. Prison for Pot Isn't that A lot?
crystal

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

phliperoff wrote:
this kind of political bullshit and lies is why kids get hooked on the bad drugs... They try pot, they realize you are a liar and think that you are a liar about everything you say.... Who is conducting these studies???? I wonder what they would find if they say conducted a study on Prozac or Xanax use.....
I'm not condoning any kind of drug, but you go to school read from the books that society tells you to read from, teach what society tells you to teach, have no idea the truth about thc or probably any other drug you counsel people on.... The research you site is almost always from a source who has a financial reason to find a conclusion in one way or the other...
so true! Ive just started reading so sorry if my post are off topic. Hemp could save this country. Legalize
war on drugs

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

hate druggies wrote:
glad wes everman got the democratic nomination, might actually get some pot busts around here for a chance
Hell "WES EVERMAN" smoke's dope his self according too Jamie McCarty they smoked it together. So how can he arrest someone for the same things he dose. A waste of a badge and gun
duh mds

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

crack,cocaine,x,pills,meth now them are drugs whoever says mary j is dangerous your crazy. open your eyes its a cash crop its better them drinking which is dangerous. how many people die of drinking related things... um alot how many die of weed not many.. an gateway drug not hardly i use mary j an have no urge what so ever to stick a pill up my nose thats just like you saying damn i need a cigarette i dont smoke cigs or drink much but DAMN I NEED A JOINT get off are dicks an worry about the pill problem then maybe things will be better..... ive never seen anybody light a blunt an say okay boys lets go rob a bank naw

Since: Dec 09

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

duh mds wrote:
crack,cocaine,x,pills,meth now them are drugs whoever says mary j is dangerous your crazy. open your eyes its a cash crop its better them drinking which is dangerous. how many people die of drinking related things... um alot how many die of weed not many.. an gateway drug not hardly i use mary j an have no urge what so ever to stick a pill up my nose thats just like you saying damn i need a cigarette i dont smoke cigs or drink much but DAMN I NEED A JOINT get off are dicks an worry about the pill problem then maybe things will be better..... ive never seen anybody light a blunt an say okay boys lets go rob a bank naw
They did a study some time back, it involve wrecks of big trucks, something like 80 some percent involved marijuana. I would consider that particularly dangerous. I'll try to look it up again and see if I can find the article. Matter of fact this is so well known that lawyers are specializing in lawsuits against truck drivers under the influence of marijuana involved in wrecks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Owingsville Forum right now

Search the Owingsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min The Apostle 147,373
Eugene Shane Wells (Apr '11) 1 hr Becky 10
school board buying historic house to raze 3 hr huh 5
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 23 hr Gfm 81,565
school teachers Thu LOL 18
old men with young girls. Thu Lovin it 37
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) Thu Flint hill bandit 16,132
•••
•••
•••
•••

Owingsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Owingsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••