Mayor's Charity Ball
Dancer

Morehead, KY

#1 Nov 11, 2012
We had such a terrific time at the mayor's ball last night. Vearl's music was better than ever and everybody looked so nice. I wish more people had attended but I guess $25 is hard for some of you to come up with. Maybe things will get better and more of you can make it next year. So good to be able to give to a charitable cause!!!!! Thank you so much Mayor Hunt for giving us a special event like this to attend. I can hold my head up high when I say I'm from Bath County now!!
vearl the pearl

Morehead, KY

#2 Nov 11, 2012
Well la-ti-da. Vearl shouldn't even be allowed in the county after his shenanigans on the school board. Maybe that's one of the reasons us peasants didn't go.
r u serious

Owingsville, KY

#3 Nov 11, 2012
You know "Dancer", maybe some of us had better thngs to do than to spend money on tickets, spend money on clothing just to go socialize with bunch of sheep that think they're better than the other 80% of the county. I don't know who you are...but you are full of yourself,going to something like that is not everybody's cup of tea. Gives these la-di-da middle aged women in this county a reason to dress up and act like socialites LOL! No thanks.If we want to give to charity, we will do it on our own time, at our own will, not at some function where the people you are raising "charity" for can't even afford to go. Instead of toys...how about rent money, or food. Hypocritical idiots.
Dancer

Morehead, KY

#4 Nov 11, 2012
r u serious wrote:
You know "Dancer", maybe some of us had better thngs to do than to spend money on tickets, spend money on clothing just to go socialize with bunch of sheep that think they're better than the other 80% of the county. I don't know who you are...but you are full of yourself,going to something like that is not everybody's cup of tea. Gives these la-di-da middle aged women in this county a reason to dress up and act like socialites LOL! No thanks.If we want to give to charity, we will do it on our own time, at our own will, not at some function where the people you are raising "charity" for can't even afford to go. Instead of toys...how about rent money, or food. Hypocritical idiots.
Jealousy is an ugly thing.
Dancin the night away

West Liberty, KY

#5 Nov 11, 2012
Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealousy is an ugly thing.
Dancer, you said it! Jealousy is ugly. Listen you whiners.....if you didn't go, that's your choice. Why disrespect people who did go? If you chose to give money to a charity on your own, good for you! There aren't too many "social" events here in little O'ville that aren't associated with a church. Why be so hard on those people who got dressed up, enjoyed the evening and donated to a good cause?
Slinky

Lexington, KY

#6 Nov 12, 2012
Who was doing the break dancing and dislocated both of their hips and glass eyes???
Dancing Fools

Morehead, KY

#7 Nov 12, 2012
Dancin the night away wrote:
<quoted text> Why be so hard on those people who got dressed up, enjoyed the evening and donated to a good cause?
Because they are a bunch of snobs who think attending a "ball" at an elementary school of all places makes them better than the rest of us. Dancer thinks we didn't go because we couldn't afford the $25 ticket. Only a snob would think such a thing. I was on 60 that night and drove by Crossroads and there was hardly any cars there but they were having some kind of music or dance thing at the ag center with Charley Lyons' band and that's where the crowd was. Just regular folks having a good time in their jeans. Maybe some people need to take their $25 and buy a clue. Nothing wrong with having a charitable event but why not make it one more people would like to attend because that's the point, right? Cutting Vearl from the program would be a start.
Dancin the night away

West Liberty, KY

#8 Nov 12, 2012
Dancing Fools wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they are a bunch of snobs who think attending a "ball" at an elementary school of all places makes them better than the rest of us. Dancer thinks we didn't go because we couldn't afford the $25 ticket. Only a snob would think such a thing. I was on 60 that night and drove by Crossroads and there was hardly any cars there but they were having some kind of music or dance thing at the ag center with Charley Lyons' band and that's where the crowd was. Just regular folks having a good time in their jeans. Maybe some people need to take their $25 and buy a clue. Nothing wrong with having a charitable event but why not make it one more people would like to attend because that's the point, right? Cutting Vearl from the program would be a start.
SO WHAT? IF you don't want to go....DON'T GO. Quit being a cry baby. Some people LIKE to dress up. Perhaps you don't. IT doesn't make them wrong to enjoy the event. If people were happy attending an event, wearing their JEANS, good for them! I dress up to go to an OPERA....that's my "thing", maybe not yours. IT's all a matter of who likes what...nobody is wrong. Not you,. not them. GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!
Dancing Fools

Morehead, KY

#9 Nov 12, 2012
<quoted text>SO WHAT? IF you don't want to go....DON'T GO. Quit being a cry baby. Some people LIKE to dress up. Perhaps you don't. IT doesn't make them wrong to enjoy the event. If people were happy attending an event, wearing their JEANS, good for them! I dress up to go to an OPERA....that's my "thing", maybe not yours. IT's all a matter of who likes what...nobody is wrong. Not you,. not them. GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!
It's not wrong for them to attend the event but it is wrong for them to get on here and act like the people that didn't go couldn't afford the $25 like the original poster said. That is assuming way too much. If they want to go to the "ball" and dance to Vearl's music good for them (better them than me), just don't think the rest of are too poor not to go.
Dancing Fools

Morehead, KY

#10 Nov 12, 2012
<quoted text>SO WHAT? IF you don't want to go....DON'T GO. Quit being a cry baby. Some people LIKE to dress up. Perhaps you don't. IT doesn't make them wrong to enjoy the event. If people were happy attending an event, wearing their JEANS, good for them! I dress up to go to an OPERA....that's my "thing", maybe not yours. IT's all a matter of who likes what...nobody is wrong. Not you,. not them. GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!
And I forgot to say that you are just as bad assuming that everybody is jealous of you like you did in your first post. What kind of person goes around thinking others are jealous of them?
Snob

Morehead, KY

#11 Nov 12, 2012
<quoted text> I dress up to go to an OPERA....
Oh you are just so special then. How do you stand it here with all the rest of us?
Dancin the night away

West Liberty, KY

#12 Nov 12, 2012
Snob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you are just so special then. How do you stand it here with all the rest of us?
Some people like opera. I happen to love it. I was raised listening to it. Do you like putting people down who are different than you? To be quite honest, I think most people here are wonderful. YOU are a snob of the worst kind. IT's the few like you who make me wish I'd never moved here. In my post I said everyone has the right to enjoy things they like. Some went to a dance in jeans, some went to another dance dressed up. What is YOUR proplem???? By the way.....I didn't say you were jealous...that was the first poster. I just agreed with her/him that jealousy was ugly.....and it is.
Dancing Fools

Olive Hill, KY

#13 Nov 12, 2012
<quoted text>Some people like opera. I happen to love it. I was raised listening to it. Do you like putting people down who are different than you? To be quite honest, I think most people here are wonderful. YOU are a snob of the worst kind. IT's the few like you who make me wish I'd never moved here. In my post I said everyone has the right to enjoy things they like. Some went to a dance in jeans, some went to another dance dressed up. What is YOUR proplem???? By the way.....I didn't say you were jealous...that was the first poster. I just agreed with her/him that jealousy was ugly.....and it is.
If anybody has made a snobbish comment it was the first poster who thinks people who didn't go couldn't afford the $25. Why aren't you jumping on her comment? What is YOUR problem?
Dancin the night away

West Liberty, KY

#14 Nov 12, 2012
Dancing Fools wrote:
<quoted text>
If anybody has made a snobbish comment it was the first poster who thinks people who didn't go couldn't afford the $25. Why aren't you jumping on her comment? What is YOUR problem?
I didn't take her comment personally. The economy is tough and in all truth, I'm sure that paying 25.00 might just be difficult for some people. It's not a slam...it's reality! Many folks are cutting back on things that aren't necessities. I don't see how recognizing that as a possible reason for not attending is snobbish, at all.... I don't have a problem. I keep to myself and don't socialize here, at all. IT's safer that way.
OMFG

Olive Hill, KY

#15 Nov 13, 2012
Nobody cares about that damn ball, Gary Hunt, the opera, Verl's music, or who wore what to what event or how much yuou paid to get in. Just shut up about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owingsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sexual harassment suits 9 hr dontchaknow 1
courthouse 10 hr Nuttinhunny 2
Judge Executive Job Evaluation 20 hr huh 78
chris copher Sun curious 1
Where is the outrage about abortions? (Jun '17) Sun Truth 42
Church and State Sun Poster Child for ... 10
Blue Chevy or GMC with white stickers on back w... Sun Stinky winky 1

Owingsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance