Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81758 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#67138 Aug 15, 2012
tinponyrider wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Pete some people do. But out of respect they usually go either outside or into another room.
Until more birds die, consider ourselves in another room, pondering the significance/insignificance of these mass killings/dyings off. When I die, I would be proud to think so many people cared long enough to stick around and attempt to figure out the mystery of my death. In reality, everyone will go to Cracker Barrell and squabble over who's going to pay the bill, most likely, while never mentioning my name again.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#67139 Aug 15, 2012
Mid day to you all fine fellewers... Hope it is good. Just pooping in . Pete, on the beer in hair thing. I once covered my head in salad dressing one nite before school, got up the next morning and the water was froze, so know what ya mean. Dont say that about your funeral, I am sure you are loved and cared for by many, and will be remb always. You know the old song , bring me no roses when I die , or something like that. PWagner sang it. Here is your roses now ...@->-->--
Oh well got to run,,, day, day..
tinponyrider

Scottsville, KY

#67140 Aug 15, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Until more birds die, consider ourselves in another room, pondering the significance/insignificance of these mass killings/dyings off. When I die, I would be proud to think so many people cared long enough to stick around and attempt to figure out the mystery of my death. In reality, everyone will go to Cracker Barrell and squabble over who's going to pay the bill, most likely, while never mentioning my name again.
Oh well, I feel that some are in the wrong room.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#67142 Aug 15, 2012
trusted wrote:
Mid day to you all fine fellewers... Hope it is good. Just pooping in . Pete, on the beer in hair thing. I once covered my head in salad dressing one nite before school, got up the next morning and the water was froze, so know what ya mean. Dont say that about your funeral, I am sure you are loved and cared for by many, and will be remb always. You know the old song , bring me no roses when I die , or something like that. PWagner sang it. Here is your roses now ...@->-->--
Oh well got to run,,, day, day..
Ha! Thanks trusted, when someone would mention the passing of a friend or aquaintance, my dad would always say,"people's dying now that ain't never died before". I have died before, and had an out-of-body experience in which I was able to "see" everything that was going on in the room(except you can't see through walls). Unfortunately, I was revived by a simple "human touch" and have suffered through another 31 yrs. I'm not gonna rush it now, till we figure out what's happened to the Birds!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#67143 Aug 15, 2012
well, my check came today and I paid up all my bills for the month, refilled all my pills, filled my refridgerator and cabinet and bought chicken feed and dog food and have a whopping $8.49 left.... Life is GOOD!!

I guess you folks will be stuck with me for at least one more month. LOL
wildwoman

United States

#67144 Aug 15, 2012
Fluck them birds
tinponyrider

Scottsville, KY

#67145 Aug 15, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
well, my check came today and I paid up all my bills for the month, refilled all my pills, filled my refridgerator and cabinet and bought chicken feed and dog food and have a whopping $8.49 left.... Life is GOOD!!
I guess you folks will be stuck with me for at least one more month. LOL
LMAO...I know how you feel. But I don't get mine until next week.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#67146 Aug 15, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
well, my check came today and I paid up all my bills for the month, refilled all my pills, filled my refridgerator and cabinet and bought chicken feed and dog food and have a whopping $8.49 left.... Life is GOOD!!
I guess you folks will be stuck with me for at least one more month. LOL
Ha! I once left(1978) for Craig, Colorado in an old 66' Chevy that used a quart of oil every 45 miles. I bought a case of oil at Wal-Mart and had to put in a quart to bring the level up to full. I was stopped in Denver for using the maintenance turnaround after my 6 cylinder wouldn't pull over Rabbit-Ears Pass with a U-Haul. He guided me down to a mail-box and instructed me to put $100 in it. When I finally got to Craig, I had 1 qt. of oil left and the engine was 2 qts. low. I've lived on sheer determination ever since.
Abeliever

Nashville, TN

#67147 Aug 15, 2012
Wow, 7 hours. I guess the crew came back to run everyone off. And one "slithered" in bringing them all back. For haters that wanted this site off their forum they sure couldn't help letting tinyponyboy's updates on the bird thread lure them back. Seem like we know who is in the "wrong room". Maybe if the birds start dropping dead like the fish are doing now we will talk about the topic. Go to Scottsville and read one or two threads and you will see how they constantly go into their hateful trash comments and stroking each other's ego no matter what the subject. No wonder people stopped posting on here. They don't have time for the foolishness and neither do I.

Hempburn, Ancient Wolf, trusted, and the rest of the decent posters, have a great night and a terrific Thursday.

Goodnight!
gun control coming

Prestonsburg, KY

#67148 Aug 15, 2012
A must see
&fe ature=related

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#67149 Aug 15, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Wow, 7 hours. I guess the crew came back to run everyone off. And one "slithered" in bringing them all back. For haters that wanted this site off their forum they sure couldn't help letting tinyponyboy's updates on the bird thread lure them back. Seem like we know who is in the "wrong room". Maybe if the birds start dropping dead like the fish are doing now we will talk about the topic. Go to Scottsville and read one or two threads and you will see how they constantly go into their hateful trash comments and stroking each other's ego no matter what the subject. No wonder people stopped posting on here. They don't have time for the foolishness and neither do I.
Hempburn, Ancient Wolf, trusted, and the rest of the decent posters, have a great night and a terrific Thursday.
Goodnight!
Yep AfakeBeliever, you slithered right on in. You are the hate filled cusser. You lie a lot too. It's sad no one will stroke your ego or anything else of yours. LOL. People quit posting on here because you were making them puke. AfakeBeliever your posts are always hate filled and foolish. I saw how you slithered in yeaterday and posted those ungodly Codvines. Idol worship indeed. That was a no-no too. You need to get on the roost pole with Scruffy Wolf's hens, all you do is squawk like a bunch of hens. Only there's no rooster chasing you. Ahahahah.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#67150 Aug 15, 2012
Nite all you. Even you who dont want any kindness, I know you do , we all do. May you all rise another day . At least we can hope so , huh?
Guard

Elizabethtown, KY

#67151 Aug 15, 2012
come again?
future inmate

Scottsville, KY

#67152 Aug 15, 2012

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#67153 Aug 15, 2012
Guard wrote:
come again?
AfakeBeliever might have. She seems to get off on posting hate messages.
tinponyrider

Scottsville, KY

#67154 Aug 15, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Wow, 7 hours. I guess the crew came back to run everyone off. And one "slithered" in bringing them all back. For haters that wanted this site off their forum they sure couldn't help letting tinyponyboy's updates on the bird thread lure them back. Seem like we know who is in the "wrong room". Maybe if the birds start dropping dead like the fish are doing now we will talk about the topic. Go to Scottsville and read one or two threads and you will see how they constantly go into their hateful trash comments and stroking each other's ego no matter what the subject. No wonder people stopped posting on here. They don't have time for the foolishness and neither do I.
Hempburn, Ancient Wolf, trusted, and the rest of the decent posters, have a great night and a terrific Thursday.
Goodnight!
LMFAO at your analogy. I walked into the front door, and didn't slither no where. What do you know about updates, have you been reading Scottsville Topix? Couldn't resist, could you? I haven't heard about any dead birds or fish around here. Must be the cess-pool that is in your back yard.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#67155 Aug 15, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
The New Madrid fault line makes perfect sense to me. When seismic activity occurs, gas pockets are many times be released. Sometimes without any seismic activity at all, these gas pockets reach the surface and enter the atmosphere.
Clouds of poisonous gas could have been emitted from multiple pockets in the areas mentioned, which in turn could very well have poisoned not only the birds but the nearby fish as well.
Remember that it takes very little of those escaped gasses to kill a bird. The coal miners used to always have a caged bird down in the mines with them. The birds would die well before the men even realized that those gasses were escaping, therefore it gave the men enough warning to get out of the mines before they were overcome.
I truly believe it could have been caused by multiple gas pockets due to the fault line. I only hope it's not a precursor of badness to come. The Earth is constantly changing folks, and we are only parked here out of her courtesy...
That does make a lot of sense, whatever happened, happened suddenly.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#67156 Aug 16, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
This has been happening for years and years. Look it up. Really.
But the question is, what's causing it?
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#67157 Aug 16, 2012
Good morning, looks like a nice day developing, enjoy it. Peace out.
nerds

Metropolis, IL

#67158 Aug 16, 2012
tweet tweet snore snore

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owingsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowell Rice on WKCA (Nov '10) 1 hr gossip 38
County Judge Exectiveshould have tried 2 hr LMFAO 4
Daycare 2 hr Djendjd 1
Moose stump 2 hr VPARK 44
perverts 5 hr oh my 3
Sutherlands Son Hired As City Officer 10 hr nepotism 35
Sundy Best concert & drunken May Day candidate 12 hr Otis 1
More from around the web

Owingsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]