Someone needs to shut this trashy tow...

Someone needs to shut this trashy town down.

Posted in the Owenton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yeah

Taylor, MI

#1 Feb 21, 2014
Your streets are crawling with drugs, stupid teenagers, pregnant kids and worthless parents. Your hospital is the biggest joke I've ever seen. I doubt you even need a degree to be a nurse there, can't make trash smell any worse. Your cops aren't worth anything, they're lazy and crooked, and have no problem cheating on their wives. Your high school has more pregnant teenagers then a reality show, not to mention that the work there is comparable to that of three grades lower everywhere else. All of your kids have holes in their ears, neon hair, no job, no license, no hope for anything but working at your local McDonald's. Owenton could disappear off the map and no one would notice nor miss it.
Cheers

Charlestown, IN

#2 Feb 21, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Your streets are crawling with drugs, stupid teenagers, pregnant kids and worthless parents. Your hospital is the biggest joke I've ever seen. I doubt you even need a degree to be a nurse there, can't make trash smell any worse. Your cops aren't worth anything, they're lazy and crooked, and have no problem cheating on their wives. Your high school has more pregnant teenagers then a reality show, not to mention that the work there is comparable to that of three grades lower everywhere else. All of your kids have holes in their ears, neon hair, no job, no license, no hope for anything but working at your local McDonald's. Owenton could disappear off the map and no one would notice nor miss it.
Who peed in your Wheaties?? If you feel this way, why don't you hit the road "Jack?"
cory warren

Louisville, KY

#3 Feb 22, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Your streets are crawling with drugs, stupid teenagers, pregnant kids and worthless parents. Your hospital is the biggest joke I've ever seen. I doubt you even need a degree to be a nurse there, can't make trash smell any worse. Your cops aren't worth anything, they're lazy and crooked, and have no problem cheating on their wives. Your high school has more pregnant teenagers then a reality show, not to mention that the work there is comparable to that of three grades lower everywhere else. All of your kids have holes in their ears, neon hair, no job, no license, no hope for anything but working at your local McDonald's. Owenton could disappear off the map and no one would notice nor miss it.

and yet you still talk about like you are better then everybody else if you don't like our town leave we won't miss you .and I am willing to say I make more then you working at that mickey ds
Damian

Owenton, KY

#4 Feb 23, 2014
Then change this town badass... lets see you do better than whats being done. You must be bad off to have nothing else but to talk crao about how thongs are going here in owenton.. its nobodies business about how people dress or there hair style. Or if they get pregnant. Thats there parents problems. Let them take care of it... why dont you get on somewhere amd worry about your own life, your own town. That'd ve best... hah people need to really grow up..
Yeah wrote:
Your streets are crawling with drugs, stupid teenagers, pregnant kids and worthless parents. Your hospital is the biggest joke I've ever seen. I doubt you even need a degree to be a nurse there, can't make trash smell any worse. Your cops aren't worth anything, they're lazy and crooked, and have no problem cheating on their wives. Your high school has more pregnant teenagers then a reality show, not to mention that the work there is comparable to that of three grades lower everywhere else. All of your kids have holes in their ears, neon hair, no job, no license, no hope for anything but working at your local McDonald's. Owenton could disappear off the map and no one would notice nor miss it.
Yeah

Toledo, OH

#5 Feb 25, 2014
Nah, you're not making more, if anyone working at such a low grade job was making more than I do, there would be something wrong. I don't have it bad off at all. And I don't live in your town, I just have the misfortune of living in your county. Not that I can tell anyone that, they send nothing but disdain and vile looks towards me if I say I live in Owen County. It is my business when a nice chunk of my paycheck goes towards Owen Co taxes, it would be nice to not have to drive through the town and see the pathetic babies with babies my taxes are supporting. Not to mention the huge portion that goes to maintaining a less than substandard school. Through my job, I know many of your teenagers who don't have a license, or a job, not a house, yet they pop out babies like it's the new coach purse. If parents knew how to be parents and "take care of it", they wouldn't have had those kids when they were babies themselves. Kids have to learn it from somewhere. You all take a good look around your town the next time you're out, see if I'm not right.
okay

United States

#6 Mar 2, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Nah, you're not making more, if anyone working at such a low grade job was making more than I do, there would be something wrong. I don't have it bad off at all. And I don't live in your town, I just have the misfortune of living in your county. Not that I can tell anyone that, they send nothing but disdain and vile looks towards me if I say I live in Owen County. It is my business when a nice chunk of my paycheck goes towards Owen Co taxes, it would be nice to not have to drive through the town and see the pathetic babies with babies my taxes are supporting. Not to mention the huge portion that goes to maintaining a less than substandard school. Through my job, I know many of your teenagers who don't have a license, or a job, not a house, yet they pop out babies like it's the new coach purse. If parents knew how to be parents and "take care of it", they wouldn't have had those kids when they were babies themselves. Kids have to learn it from somewhere. You all take a good look around your town the next time you're out, see if I'm not right.
Well why don't you just make yourself useful and turn the damn place around your a no good POS that has no life so all you can do is talk Shit about kids I doubt you look much better yourself bitch blow a bag and go fuck yourself and also don't be a bitch and name yourself yeah put your real name so we can see who the POS really is!!!!!!!
Yeah

Toledo, OH

#7 Mar 4, 2014
That was the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen. Did you happen to go to Owen County Schools? Correct your argument, then I'll respond to it.
honestly

Holton, IN

#8 Mar 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
That was the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen. Did you happen to go to Owen County Schools? Correct your argument, then I'll respond to it.
Wow, really! If you are so ashamed to live in owen county then move. I'm sure you're no better than the people you're puttin down on here.
steam

Owenton, KY

#9 Mar 15, 2014
I agree with yeah but nobody really has 2 shut down the town because Owenton Is dying on Its own. take a look around. empty store fronts everywhere. the mayor Is trying 2 make this town a 4th class city. the mayor Is talking about bringing Alcohol In Owenton. If Owenton did become wet, I see this as a good thing 4 people who don't have access to Alcohol that want to drink, they could drink because some people don't have vehicles 2 go get Alcohol. If Owenton became wet, they could then purchase Alcohol. If Owenton don't do something, 5 or 10 years down the Road, Owenton could be a forgotten ghost town. Alcohol sales could help Owenton big time! I would say somewhere down the road, Owenton Is going 2 become wet because that's the way Its looking.
yup

Louisville, KY

#10 Mar 20, 2014
Have to agree with steam and yeah. Im looking to move as soon as school let's out. I know there are drugs every where but it is awful down here. The cops should really do there job. Steam I also have to add to yours...every where you look there are for sale signs. I noticed one house has been like that for over a year. No one wants to move down here. Plus when new people do move to this town, the people Who have lived here all their life don't take kind to outsiders. I have lived in cities and a couple of small towns but nothing comes close to this. The town has a closed mind and I think someone should help fix that.
Beer

Louisville, KY

#11 Mar 24, 2014
Do you think beer will make it any better?
I should think NOT!
Wafflehouse Brigade

Owenton, KY

#12 Mar 25, 2014
Yo snapple tea bitch the one with the "yeah" as a name, that's it. Holla!!
Well

United States

#13 Mar 26, 2014
It really is. I don't understand why they're adding in all of this new stuff, but not caring to clean up the old. Owen county reads are in terrible shape, you can literally tell when you hit the roads to another county. It's embarrassing, and so is all of the broken buildings and potholes. Two dollar stores across from each other? Really?

So many drugs too, that's all the kids have to look forward to. Owenton needs a big, nice gym so that kids can have somewhere to blow off some steam. It needs a little theater so that they spend a little money in a more healthy way. It needs a D.A.R.E program in it's schools, so that younger kids can have someone fighting for them rather than against them. And someone to talk to. Maybe a big brother/big sisters program, I would volunteer in a heartbeat! There's people who would love to help this town, w just need sponsored programs. That's where Owentons money should be going.
beer

Owenton, KY

#14 Jun 4, 2014
well said
well

Greenville, OH

#15 Jun 15, 2014
I do work all over the Kentucky. It doesn't really get much better unless you're going to move far far away because gallatin, Carroll, grant, Trimble, pendleton, franklin, bone, Kenton, Campbell... Its all over the place, its not just Owen county.
Owen County Resident

Owenton, KY

#16 Jul 19, 2014
I've learned that talking down the town isn't the way to change it, the way to change it is by action, One day we all need to bad together and actually make something of this little town we call home. Trash talk gets us nowhere. It's time that we all band together to make something for our community and for our children and grand children and future generations. I love my little town and we should have spent that money on the people's needs rather than things that we didn't need, It's time we band together and organize a plan to make our town better. Make a place where kids won't get into drugs and get a program going to keep them out of it. Whenever I can I am going to go to meetings to speak my ideas. First I need to write them out on paper. We do NOT need beer in this County. That would worsen problems. We need to lead our kids also by example and straighten up our act, everyone has their faults I know that. But some things can be altered. Those of us Owen County Residents need to step up to the plate, and I don't mean this directed at anyone and I don't mean it as a blow to the town, I'm just saying we can, and ought to do better. God bless and please keep it clean. Have a great weekend.
Blaze

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jul 25, 2014
Hey Owen County resident, I just want to say I think this town should be wet. I don't have a family or children & I will never have grandchildren. even though It's just me, I think Owenton should be wet because It would bring In much needed tax dollars to Owenton & I could drink everyday so It's a win, win. I'm a looser so I need to drink. Owenton should be wet. I don't have anyone, but If I had alcohol, that could get me through the day.
sly

Owenton, KY

#18 Aug 17, 2014
Blaze, I understand where you are coming from & I see you're point of view. There Is a lot of people In this world who never had children & will never be grandparents or have grand children so you're not alone. you may think you're alone but you're not. I also think maybe you do have a point about Owenton being wet. Take a look at cities like Carrollton & Grant County, both are wet & both have Wal-Mart. Take a look at Owenton, all you see Is empty closed stores. The reason for that Is simple, Carrollton & Grant County are both wet & Alcohol sales bring In a boatload of money. Wal-Mart sells Alcohol. Every Successful City or town that you look at Is wet. The reason for that Is simple, Alcohol brings In people who have money. The Tax dollars that you get from Alcohol, well It adds up & can be a lot of money & would put Owenton In the spotlight. most of the people In Owenton unfortunately are goody to shoes. Its simple, you don't like alcohol, don't buy It but don't stand In the way of people who do want to buy Alcohol. If people want nice things In Owenton then they are going to have to compromise because Alcohol sales can help make that happen. I think Doug West wants this town to be wet because he knows that means good & better things for the city of Owenton Kentucky.
Truth Finder

Louisville, KY

#19 Aug 22, 2014
Owen County Resident wrote:
I've learned that talking down the town isn't the way to change it, the way to change it is by action, One day we all need to bad together and actually make something of this little town we call home. Trash talk gets us nowhere. It's time that we all band together to make something for our community and for our children and grand children and future generations. I love my little town and we should have spent that money on the people's needs rather than things that we didn't need, It's time we band together and organize a plan to make our town better. Make a place where kids won't get into drugs and get a program going to keep them out of it. Whenever I can I am going to go to meetings to speak my ideas. First I need to write them out on paper. We do NOT need beer in this County. That would worsen problems. We need to lead our kids also by example and straighten up our act, everyone has their faults I know that. But some things can be altered. Those of us Owen County Residents need to step up to the plate, and I don't mean this directed at anyone and I don't mean it as a blow to the town, I'm just saying we can, and ought to do better. God bless and please keep it clean. Have a great weekend.
The first thing that you people need to do is get rid of the crooked officials and then and only then can you start to physically make that sewer hole of a town any better.
cory warren

Pekin, IN

#20 Oct 16, 2014
I got smart and left town .i went to a owen football game and was very sick to see how bad that team is get rid of tanner smith and pat patterson .patterson doesnt know how to coach to save his life he worthless only reason he is a coach is because his brother on the board of education

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who overdosed last week behind mcdonalds 3 hr Heroin Anonymous 4
Owenton's next mayor. 3 hr To the Future 2
Bird Dog's Cafe 18 hr Ddg 3
Philip Scot Taylor (Mar '17) 20 hr Useless Bums 8
Ally pelletier Sat Thatguy 4
Jessica smoot dating Louis J Fri sarahshelton 3
anyone remember a girl named jynx? (Jun '16) Sep 21 Jrb 4

Owenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owenton Mortgages