Who gives a dam owenton is a boring ass town
thats right

Owenton, KY

#2 Jan 12, 2011
you got that right
Sad for you

Orange, TX

#3 Jan 13, 2011
Owenton is a great place to live. If you all don't like it MOVE. Why complain about something if you're not gonna do something about it?
old timer

Owenton, KY

#4 Jan 13, 2011
used to be a great place to live not anymore.
Phone

Pflugerville, TX

#5 Jan 13, 2011
Sad for you wrote:
Owenton is a great place to live. If you all don't like it MOVE. Why complain about something if you're not gonna do something about it?
ok wat do kids have to do here NOT A THING it's just a boring town old rich people won't let nothing come in jobs or things for kids
Just lazy

Orange, TX

#6 Jan 15, 2011
Well my kids are involved in sports and SERVE which keep them busy and don't have time to be bored. Try a sport if your bored. Play some basketball at the Life Center. Think of what you might want brought to Owenton and go to some town meetings and see if your ideas are something that is feasible. Don't complain if you're not gonna do something. There's stuff to do, just got to get involved.
Just lazy

Orange, TX

#7 Jan 15, 2011
My kids play sports all year and are involved in SERVE, they stay busy and don't have time to be bored. Why don't you try being involved in something then you won't have anything to complain about for awhile. Go to some town meetings and make a few suggestions.
mom

Owenton, KY

#8 Jan 15, 2011
what does your children do when they are not going to school? What about summer what do they do then?

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#9 Jan 16, 2011
Wood someone plase pass the jelly
mom

Owenton, KY

#10 Jan 16, 2011
would u like peanut butter to
Phone

Pflugerville, TX

#11 Jan 16, 2011
Just lazy wrote:
My kids play sports all year and are involved in SERVE, they stay busy and don't have time to be bored. Why don't you try being involved in something then you won't have anything to complain about for awhile. Go to some town meetings and make a few suggestions.
U know kids grow up hell they don't all play sports.maybe some kids want a place to hang out have fun and tell me where that is in owenton no where hell kids now do drugs and drink cause that's the only thing to do here
Get busy

Orange, TX

#12 Jan 16, 2011
mom wrote:
what does your children do when they are not going to school? What about summer what do they do then?
There is summer sports too. Plus the highschool still has soccer & basketball in the summer. Plus the SERVE group travels or does community work which keeps the kids busy. A few years ago they went to New Orleans for a week to help build & clean up.
At one time Owenton Parks & Rec were considering putting a pool in. The insurance to have one is a problem but if enough people are willing to pay fees to have one, that is something to consider. Also if a private investor wanted to build a Sports Zone place like they have (had) in Grant Co with batting cages & arcade that could be something. You can't give up on Owenton. Bad kids are the ones who get involved in drugs. There's ways to stay busy.
Realist

Owenton, KY

#13 Jan 17, 2011
"I don't have anything to do" is a great EXCUSE for kids who want to do drugs, but it doesn't hold water. Louisville is FULL of 'things to do' and the drug use rate among teens there is much higher than it is here.

If having 'something to do' was the problem then there would be no drug use at all in the big cities.
Whatever

Owenton, KY

#14 Jan 17, 2011
Phone wrote:
<quoted text>U know kids grow up hell they don't all play sports.maybe some kids want a place to hang out have fun and tell me where that is in owenton no where hell kids now do drugs and drink cause that's the only thing to do here
that has to be the lamest excuse for doing drugs and drinking. Just admit kids drink and do drugs because they are weak and spineless and always will be. So what, you don't play sports. Try doing something for someone else. Find an elderly person who needs some yard work done or their gutters cleaned out. Do it free of charge or sometimes they may even have the funds to pay you a little something. Don't blame small town Owenton on you kids doing your drugs and alcohol though. YOu only have yourself to blame in that regard.
Phone

United States

#15 Jan 18, 2011
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
that has to be the lamest excuse for doing drugs and drinking. Just admit kids drink and do drugs because they are weak and spineless and always will be. So what, you don't play sports. Try doing something for someone else. Find an elderly person who needs some yard work done or their gutters cleaned out. Do it free of charge or sometimes they may even have the funds to pay you a little something. Don't blame small town Owenton on you kids doing your drugs and alcohol though. YOu only have yourself to blame in that regard.
whatever is rite I grew havoc an alcoholic father I never drank or did drugs but alot of my friends here would get high or drunk cause there is nothing here wat is there sit in a parkinglot wat fun he'll can't even do that anymore the cops act like this is new York city cops use to stop and talk to pep sitting in a parkinglot now they give u a ticket that's so stupid u have to drive 30miles in any direction To do anything at all
lovit

Kewaskum, WI

#16 Jan 18, 2011
You tellem PHONE i agree never been anything in that town to many Big Shots tryn to run the town
joann

United States

#17 Jan 19, 2011
Ive lived in owenton for 18 years and im 25 now....there has really never been any place to hang out....you cant even sit in a parking lot and talk to your friends with out being up to something....thats the first thing the police think....kids and teenagers really do need something in town to do or some place they can have as a place of their own and hang out and not worry about getting in trouble....
Loves Owen County

Louisville, KY

#18 Jan 20, 2011
I honestly can't believe what I am reading on this site. Both of my children graduated from Owen County, played sports, had jobs in the summer and hang out with their friends. THey both went to college and are new successful.

Maybe you need to move. We don't people like you in Owen County anyway. We have enough complainers. Get involved and work on making excellent grades and making something of yourself, not sit on Topix and complain that you have nothing to do.

The people on drugs would be on them anywhere they lived. Has nothing to do with what is not available in Owenton. Owen County has produced too many successful people to even make these posts.
Owenton

Owenton, KY

#19 Jan 20, 2011
Well I have lived here for my whole life and whether or not you love it here depends on who you know or who you blow. Also your last name or mommy and daddys money plays a huge role. Or maybe you are only accepted if you were in the homecoming court or the fca in high school but off of this blip on the map, in the real world none of that shit matters. It takes six whole seconds to get through this three stop light town at ninety miles per hour. Whoopty fucking doo. Owenton sucks and everyone wants to leave but unfortunately the place is a trap. The only thing owenton consists of is a bunch of sorry ass people who live like they are in high school for the rest of their meaningless lives. Whether you are a soccer mom trying to score that coach handbag or a pillhead trying to score drugs, you are always going to have that precious high school image to maintain. And there isn't shit to do in owenton for kids except to be brainwashed by the churches that are everywhere. And even those are consumed by corruption. The skanks and poor people at one church, the higher class people who act like their shit doesn't stink at the other. And some people who aren't the alpha-male or all american girl types enjoy other things. Unfortunately some people are forced to be in owenton
Kyle

Owenton, KY

#21 Jan 22, 2011
You're terrible

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1 corinthians 11:14 get a haircut 23 min Haircut 22
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Safeguard 163,265
Stipes arrest (Apr '14) 9 hr Holmes street 136
Tattoo 9 hr Abc12345 1
Why have so many bartenders been 86'd from Appl... 10 hr Tip or not 14
Child Support Question 10 hr wtf 23
david Fields 10 hr lol 9

Owenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owenton Mortgages