Next Last
jill

Cicero, IL

#1 Sep 17, 2012
Taking job in Frankfort. Nuff said.
Jack

Niles, IL

#2 Sep 17, 2012
Another one bites the dust! Good grief! I don't think Jesus could be the OC schools superintendent!
Yup

United States

#3 Sep 17, 2012
Agreed Jack!
Who cares

Finchville, KY

#4 Sep 17, 2012
First Danny O is gone and now this. Whatever will we do? Mr. R never wanted to be in the OC in first place. Merely a stepping stone in his meteoric rise to the top. Maybe some of the BOE members should listen to their constituents next time.
Why

Shelbyville, KY

#5 Sep 17, 2012
Jack wrote:
Another one bites the dust! Good grief! I don't think Jesus could be the OC schools superintendent!
Why would anyone want an imaginary diety as superintendent?
happy

United States

#6 Sep 17, 2012
Who is next to get the ax
Agree

United States

#7 Sep 17, 2012
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone want an imaginary diety as superintendent?
To teach a smart-ass atheist how to spell D E I T Y!
Jack

United States

#8 Sep 17, 2012
happy wrote:
Who is next to get the ax
Wishful thinking! No way! No how! Who says he got the axe? Best move he could make!
Why

Shelbyville, KY

#9 Sep 17, 2012
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>To teach a smart-ass atheist how to spell D E I T Y!
Don't be mad because you believe in a book of fiction and a bunch of dumbass fairy tales.
Hmmm

Louisville, KY

#10 Sep 17, 2012
I didn't pick up they were mad- just over some insecure little coward with a chip on their shoulder not being able to spell!
Coward

Shelbyville, KY

#11 Sep 18, 2012
I didn't pick up on being a coward. Yes, two letters were in the wrong order, but they made a much bigger faux pas. There are many, many religions that do not believe in Jesus, but are not atheists. As far as being a smart ass, the original statement about Jesus was very much smart ass, but I am okay being called a smart ass. I have relegated them to the status of dumb ass until they prove otherwise. Hahahaha.
long shot

Finchville, KY

#12 Sep 18, 2012
We just need to pray for our board that they will finally make the right decision. Terry patterson and Bret McDonald do not need to be board members for sure, but there is nothing we can do unless someone runs against them. Those two do not have the kids best interest at heart nor the teachers interest. The way it has looked here recently none or the BOE members do. Guess Mr Clevelands payoffs to Terri, Brett and Mr. Clark have back fired cause Raleigh was crook. The only reason for all of that was cause Mr. Cleveland was afraid of Rob Stafford. We missed a great opportunity there. He is now in the Scott Co school sytems (which apparently is much better than here) and doing well. We hired the wonderful superintendent who knew what he was doing when he was letting Leslie work in Oldham Co and paying her from Owen County money (shows he sured care about Owen Co Schools..NOT)but lets raise the taxes and get more money for me to misuse was his theroy. What I don't understand is why didn't the Board members catch it. They meet every month and go over all this.. The pretty boy just needs to go back where he came from. He doesn't need a job in a school sysytem that he thinks his kids are to good to attend or that he is to good to live in the county as well. Don't raise our taxes when your buts not paying them yourself.
Sad

United States

#13 Sep 18, 2012
I dont blame Mr. Raleigh one bit for taking the state job when they approached him. Isn't it ironic the state wants Raleigh and owenton doesn't? They know the whole story. They also know all of the programs he put into place. Owen county was one of the few KY districts to get the Bill Gates Literacy program and the Automaticity program from EKU because Mr. Raleigh didn't give up when the answer was no. He did that for Owen students. Owen county student ACT scores have risen the past two years and more students are making benchmark than ever before. Attendance has improved the last two years. Mr. Raleigh planted seeds that will prove to be fruitful in the future. That is his gift to the students of Owen County. He does not take any credit. He is the first to say that Owen Co has wonderful staff members working hard for the students. He has been pursued by others and always turned them down, even when a higher salary was offered because he truly cared about helping the students of Owen county. As long as people continue to cause turmoil, the Owen students suffer. That is the bottom line. Owen county has a board of honest and caring members. Owen county public schools will never move forward for the good of the children until everyone works together and not tear each other apart.
Believe Me

Chicago, IL

#14 Sep 18, 2012
Coward wrote:
I didn't pick up on being a coward. Yes, two letters were in the wrong order, but they made a much bigger faux pas. There are many, many religions that do not believe in Jesus, but are not atheists. As far as being a smart ass, the original statement about Jesus was very much smart ass, but I am okay being called a smart ass. I have relegated them to the status of dumb ass until they prove otherwise. Hahahaha.
God in threen! Blessed Trinity!
Believe Me

Chicago, IL

#15 Sep 18, 2012
Typo-Three!
Fedup

Chicago, IL

#16 Sep 18, 2012
Enough Already. Prayers & strength to the board members for the tremendous task that confronts them.
long shot

Finchville, KY

#17 Sep 18, 2012
Sad wrote:
I dont blame Mr. Raleigh one bit for taking the state job when they approached him. Isn't it ironic the state wants Raleigh and owenton doesn't? They know the whole story. They also know all of the programs he put into place. Owen county was one of the few KY districts to get the Bill Gates Literacy program and the Automaticity program from EKU because Mr. Raleigh didn't give up when the answer was no. He did that for Owen students. Owen county student ACT scores have risen the past two years and more students are making benchmark than ever before. Attendance has improved the last two years. Mr. Raleigh planted seeds that will prove to be fruitful in the future. That is his gift to the students of Owen County. He does not take any credit. He is the first to say that Owen Co has wonderful staff members working hard for the students. He has been pursued by others and always turned them down, even when a higher salary was offered because he truly cared about helping the students of Owen county. As long as people continue to cause turmoil, the Owen students suffer. That is the bottom line. Owen county has a board of honest and caring members. Owen county public schools will never move forward for the good of the children until everyone works together and not tear each other apart.
And just how much was you paid to write this. Better be careful he may be paying you out of the wrong funding...
Back Again

Naperville, IL

#18 Sep 18, 2012
What nonsense!
Just looking

Naperville, IL

#19 Sep 18, 2012
No comment!
Rosie

Chicago, IL

#20 Sep 18, 2012
Very discouraging & hard to understand. I hope we can mend our ousting reputation!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
simon house (Aug '13) 19 min Joann 10
Any1 kno Milly The brunette 30 min Ewww 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 50 min usa 169,917
Mary Frank Slaughter 51 min Channel 1
katy smith 1 hr What else 2
Dollar general employees 18 hr Jackie 4
Free app to make money on your phone or Computer. Thu Fearnot 2

Owenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance