I 64 death. Related to owenton

Posted in the Owenton Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Death

Frankfort, KY

#1 May 7, 2012
David bruce. And Josh Hammond. Look at Franklin jail. ...... Is that zemmers son
wondering

Louisville, KY

#2 May 7, 2012
Death wrote:
David bruce. And Josh Hammond. Look at Franklin jail....... Is that zemmers son
No, I do not believe that is Zemmer's son.
i believe so

Frankfort, KY

#3 May 7, 2012
Three men have been arrested in connection with the death of a Frankfort man whose body was found Sunday morning alongside an on-ramp leading from U.S. 127 to Interstate 64 East in Franklin County.

Franklin County Sheriff Pat Melton said those arrested in the death of Charles Monroe, 30, are: Joshua Hammond, 31, of Owenton; David Bruce II, 44, of Owenton; and James Simons, 35, of Corinth in Grant County. All three were charged with murder and first-degree robbery, the sheriff said. The three were to be lodged in the Franklin County Regional Detention Center.

Monroe's body was found by a passerby about 9 a.m., said Melton, who, along with his deputies spent the entire day and evening Sunday investigating the case, which involves two crime scenes along I-64.

The sheriff said Monroe's death stems from a drug deal gone bad.

"They were meeting to purchase some prescription drugs from Mr. Monroe in the parking lot of Walmart in Frankfort," Melton said of the men who were arrested.

An autopsy is to be performed on Monroe's body Monday, Melton said.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/05/06/2178796/bo...
Marcus Carroll Co

Frankfort, KY

#4 May 7, 2012
yep it is your on a roll Owen Co, your county should be proud of all the drug users in it. our county is getting worse as well
If true

Frankfort, KY

#5 May 7, 2012
If that's true of this being Josh Hammond from Owen county, there are two Josh Hammond he is the sheriffs son ...... That is the sheriff of Owen county......
Marcus Carroll Co

Frankfort, KY

#6 May 7, 2012
yep that is correct why don't people put their names on here
Owen countian

Cincinnati, OH

#7 May 7, 2012
Marcus Carroll Co wrote:
yep that is correct why don't people put their names on here
Is David Bruce II the son of former Owen county jailer David Bruce, and is Joshua Hammond the son of Owen County Sheriff Zimmer Hammond ?? Just wondering.
beverly ann

Frankfort, KY

#8 May 7, 2012
ask around and lets us know
Yes

Frankfort, KY

#9 May 7, 2012
Yes david,s dad was the former jailer, now his sister is the jailer... And zemmers is the sheirff of owenton..........
beverly ann

Frankfort, KY

#10 May 7, 2012
so is it true or not Z------ son or ?
awful

Frankfort, KY

#11 May 7, 2012
If it was a drug deal gone bad, well that is awful. I do feel sorry for alll the families involved and murder is wrong, but the one who was killed was just as much in the wrong as the other three..That shows what drugs will do to you and your family..Feel so sorry for all the kids involved, but i'm sure the wife of the victim used that drug money as well as the rest....No sympathy for anyone who chooses that path...Look at it this way..what if your child was ran over by one of the 3 gentlemen who purchased the drug from the victim..I would feel no sympathy for the victim cause he would have been the one who sold them..they were all in the wrong..I think our court system is as much to blame because if you kill a animal you get more time than you do by selling drugs to kids or anyone else...You can have a meth lab and get a slap on the wrist, but if you get causght kicking a cat. You know ou will serve some time...
owen co

United States

#12 May 7, 2012
Yes it is Zemers son.
yes

Frankfort, KY

#13 May 7, 2012
What does it matter whose child it is...
beverly ann

Frankfort, KY

#14 May 7, 2012
how do u know
My Opinion

Pleasant Hill, MO

#15 May 7, 2012
They should have drove to Owen County and threw the drug pusher out on Sparta Road and they would have never been charged

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16 May 7, 2012
My Opinion wrote:
They should have drove to Owen County and threw the drug pusher out on Sparta Road and they would have never been charged
You are a complete Idiot
April

Owenton, KY

#17 May 7, 2012
What I have read they are not kids, they are grown men. Murder is murder, you can say if this and if that. If the three hadn't been using drugs they wouldn't have met the dealer. The three wouldn't be in jail, and the victim would be alive.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18 May 7, 2012
cincy392 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a complete Idiot
Will say again you are a complete F------ Idiot run hide as------!!!!
hoss cat

Troy, MI

#19 May 7, 2012
Wonder if the sheriff and the jailer will step down?
becky

United States

#20 May 7, 2012
Why would they step down? You cannot help what your family members do. Don't judge them for someone else's behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Caitlyn gravley 10 hr You all are stupid 2
Sad sad little girl 10 hr You all are stupid 2
Who should run for judge executive? 10 hr Concerned OC Resi... 9
Vicky snell (Apr '16) 14 hr Molly jane 4
megan goodrich 14 hr Molly jane 6
Bird Dog's Cafe Fri Rick 10
Owenton Music Thread (Apr '12) Jan 19 Musikologist 21

Owenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance