Atheist, Agnostic or Non-Religious Community

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Wondering

Owensboro, KY

#1 Feb 17, 2014
Is there any interest in Owensboro for an atheist, agnostic or non-religious type community with get togethers? All the good things about church--the fellowship of like minded people, the community, the potluck dinners, etc. without the religion.

In larger cities many non-believers are getting together and having services. Is there enough interested people in Owensboro for something like that?
karma3fold

Madison, TN

#2 Feb 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Is there any interest in Owensboro for an atheist, agnostic or non-religious type community with get togethers? All the good things about church--the fellowship of like minded people, the community, the potluck dinners, etc. without the religion.
In larger cities many non-believers are getting together and having services. Is there enough interested people in Owensboro for something like that?
it would be nice to have intellectual conversations that did not always end in drama and religions arguments
mom

Greenville, KY

#3 Feb 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:

Ive been sayin that for a long time! My fam would def go.
Mind reader

Madison, TN

#5 Feb 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
Love this idea!!
hesus

Owensboro, KY

#6 Feb 17, 2014
So church? Uh, no. Thanks.
mom

Greenville, KY

#7 Feb 18, 2014
dad wrote:
This is an interesting idea but there's no such thing as karma so let's go ahead and flush that silly little superstition down the toilet before we proceed.
Who the hell mentioned karma?

Since: Nov 13

Owensboro

#8 Feb 18, 2014
Wondering wrote:

That would be nice to have a place without religion.
mom

Greenville, KY

#10 Feb 18, 2014
dad wrote:
<quoted text>Someone was going by the name "karma3fold". Reading is fundamental.
I guess being an a$$ho1e is fundamental too.
all

Owensboro, KY

#11 Feb 18, 2014
Will go to he!!
Its never Jesus' fault

United States

#14 Feb 18, 2014
Enjoy.

&fe ature=youtu.be

You're welcome.
TRUTH

Dexter, MO

#15 Feb 18, 2014
The Judeo-Christian God Rules! "F" you Heathens. Tired of you crapping on Christians. A.A. & N-R. are idiots!
thinkin feller

United States

#16 Feb 19, 2014
TRUTH wrote:
The Judeo-Christian God Rules! "F" you Heathens. Tired of you crapping on Christians. A.A. & N-R. are idiots!
The King James version of the New Testament was completed in 1611 by 8 members of the Church of England.

There were (and still are) no original texts to translate. The oldest manuscripts we have were written down hundreds of years after the last apostle died. There are over 8000 versions of these old manuscripts, with no two alike.

The King James translators used none of these, anyway. Instead, they edited previous translations to create a version their king and Parliament would approve.

So, 21st Century Christians believe the "Word of God" is a book edited in the 17th Century from 16th Century translations of 8000 contradictory copies of 4th Century scrolls that claim to be copies of lost letters written in the 1st Century.

That's not faith. That's insanity.

References: http://bit.ly/MbXj7Z http://bit.ly/Mymb9J
Esoterica

Owensboro, KY

#17 Feb 19, 2014
thinkin feller wrote:
<quoted text>
The King James version of the New Testament was completed in 1611 by 8 members of the Church of England.
There were (and still are) no original texts to translate. The oldest manuscripts we have were written down hundreds of years after the last apostle died. There are over 8000 versions of these old manuscripts, with no two alike.
The King James translators used none of these, anyway. Instead, they edited previous translations to create a version their king and Parliament would approve.
So, 21st Century Christians believe the "Word of God" is a book edited in the 17th Century from 16th Century translations of 8000 contradictory copies of 4th Century scrolls that claim to be copies of lost letters written in the 1st Century.
Very well said! I would like to add that most fanatical Christians study the Bible(idolize it) more than God. Religion has became a plight to mankind in the aspect that it has manipulated people. In the Bible Jesus never belonged to a religion; all he said was" know that GOD is one and to do unto others as you would want done unto you". To have fellowship with out religion is perfectly fine in my opinion.
thinkin feller

Owensboro, KY

#18 Feb 19, 2014
Esoterica wrote:
<quoted text>Very well said! I would like to add that most fanatical Christians study the Bible(idolize it) more than God. Religion has became a plight to mankind in the aspect that it has manipulated people. In the Bible Jesus never belonged to a religion; all he said was" know that GOD is one and to do unto others as you would want done unto you". To have fellowship with out religion is perfectly fine in my opinion.
Agreed. And thank you.

Since: Nov 13

Owensboro

#19 Feb 19, 2014
Esoterica wrote:
<quoted text>Very well said! I would like to add that most fanatical Christians study the Bible(idolize it) more than God. Religion has became a plight to mankind in the aspect that it has manipulated people. In the Bible Jesus never belonged to a religion; all he said was" know that GOD is one and to do unto others as you would want done unto you". To have fellowship with out religion is perfectly fine in my opinion.
Agreed
TRUTH

Dexter, MO

#20 Feb 19, 2014
thinkin feller wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, this is easy, alright "non-thinkin fella"!!! What you have heard is a repeated point of fact that, incredibly, makes no sense. It is indeed a statement that I have heard a few times. This is a source of a Marxist propaganda ploy that "repeats a lie or misdirected truth", over and over, to where it is seems some people believe it to be true.

#1. King James version of the New Testament was completed in 1611 by 47 members .... not 8, dumbazz. Where do you get these facts, I knew this from the top of my head and I do not even use the King James version?

#2. Dah, yes, there are thousands of translations of the bible. Maybe, just maybe, it is because vast majority of the people in the world CAN NOT READ ANCIENT HEBREW OR ANCIENT GREEK.[AHHH, you say ....] And the Jews don't use any vowels!!!! There is no problem with this. It is the word of the true GOD. It does not have to be exact, 100% perfect. God ain't no scientist or secular humanist that must have everything exactly perfectly right. JUSTSO THE MESSAGE,LESSON, IDEAS ARE UNDERSTOOD.

#3. Oh...Oh ... here it comes! Don't you atheists, satanists, heathens, witches, etc explictly say that the old testament was written in medieval times??? Yes, yes, i've heard it MANY times. What's that up my sleeve?.... it's the Ace of Spades !!!!!! >>>>>The Dead Sea scrolls were written by a heathen group of intelligent hermit types. They died out a little after the birth of The Christ. Well, low and behold, they copied the Old Testament of the Jews (along with collections of many other texts). 60 years ago, these manuscripts were discovered (after being hid away for almost 2000 years) IT CORRELATES 98% to the authentic current version of the Old Testament currently held by the Israeli fathful!!!!!!

Slam, Dunk, Baby!
You are a Fool

Beaver Dam, KY

#21 Feb 19, 2014
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, this is easy, alright "non-thinkin fella"!!! What you have heard is a repeated point of fact that, incredibly, makes no sense. It is indeed a statement that I have heard a few times. This is a source of a Marxist propaganda ploy that "repeats a lie or misdirected truth", over and over, to where it is seems some people believe it to be true.
#1. King James version of the New Testament was completed in 1611 by 47 members .... not 8, dumbazz. Where do you get these facts, I knew this from the top of my head and I do not even use the King James version?
#2. Dah, yes, there are thousands of translations of the bible. Maybe, just maybe, it is because vast majority of the people in the world CAN NOT READ ANCIENT HEBREW OR ANCIENT GREEK.[AHHH, you say ....] And the Jews don't use any vowels!!!! There is no problem with this. It is the word of the true GOD. It does not have to be exact, 100% perfect. God ain't no scientist or secular humanist that must have everything exactly perfectly right. JUSTSO THE MESSAGE,LESSON, IDEAS ARE UNDERSTOOD.
#3. Oh...Oh ... here it comes! Don't you atheists, satanists, heathens, witches, etc explictly say that the old testament was written in medieval times??? Yes, yes, i've heard it MANY times. What's that up my sleeve?.... it's the Ace of Spades !!!!!! >>>>>The Dead Sea scrolls were written by a heathen group of intelligent hermit types. They died out a little after the birth of The Christ. Well, low and behold, they copied the Old Testament of the Jews (along with collections of many other texts). 60 years ago, these manuscripts were discovered (after being hid away for almost 2000 years) IT CORRELATES 98% to the authentic current version of the Old Testament currently held by the Israeli fathful!!!!!!
Slam, Dunk, Baby!
Yeah, baby! A slam dunk of superstitious ignorance!
TRUTH

Dexter, MO

#22 Feb 19, 2014
Esoterica wrote:
Now, I don't know, but maybe ... just maybe .... THAT'S WHY THERE ARE SEVERAL RELIGIONS! The Judeo-Christian God didn't promote one religion over another. He isn't no scientist. That is not important to him. Each person has a way to God that is different and personal. But each should be in a church that they feel brings them closer to The Christ.

The rest of your statement is ... well... strange.... and aren't you a fading cream my wife uses, I think she bought it at walgreens, Esoterica.
TRUTH

Dexter, MO

#23 Feb 19, 2014
thinkin feller wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. And thank you.
WTF EVER!!!
TRUTH

Dexter, MO

#24 Feb 19, 2014
You are a Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, baby! A slam dunk of superstitious ignorance!
HA... HA... HA!

"Name-Calling, is a propaganda technique used to jade a personís or partyís opinion by using charged words to describe its adversary. This technique is used when a logical or productive debate can not be realized from the vantage point of the limited person issuing the remarks, most often done in frustration, due to lack of information or educated content to provide valuable and constructive debate."

LMFAO !!!!!! Thank you ... thank you very much!!!! Elvis has left the building!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Tgi fridays 20 min Ufc 4
chris frantz 43 min sara 1
shaina martin 1 hr gavemedome 1
Why isn't jessica.h or haley Lyons in jail yet? 2 hr ummm 7
Heather at Menards 2 hr spanky 15
indian gas stations 2 hr I agree! 5
whats going on with the stabbing in oboro 4 hr ne1 kno 12
Owensboro Dating
Find my Match