schoolsupplies

Owensboro, KY

#1 Jul 27, 2013
Anyone know of any places giving out school supplies for free. I missed the ones today...any info would be appreciated!!
Try this

United States

#2 Jul 27, 2013
Why don't you try paying for them like everybody else? I buy so many school supplies that they just hand out to other kids and my kids dont even get to use the ones I bought. Stop having kids you can't afford
nicechick

Owensboro, KY

#3 Jul 28, 2013
If you call your child's school Monday, I'd bet there'll be someone that can tell you where you can pick some up. I'd imagine there's some sort of 'community coalition' group that still has the bulk of what was offered together.

After all, the one in my county was this morning for three hours,and some parents have to work weekend hours. I'm sure they won't mind someone, especially someone that they're aware has a need,coming by to get supplies needed to start them off ready to learn. Good luck!
schoolsupplies

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jul 28, 2013
Try this wrote:
Why don't you try paying for them like everybody else? I buy so many school supplies that they just hand out to other kids and my kids dont even get to use the ones I bought. Stop having kids you can't afford
You are an ugly person...u dont know my situation and frankly its none of your business....I onky have one child n his father has recently passed away...I have bought many supplies n even have donated in the past but when u are suddenly a widow it makes it kinds hard..thank u very much. And may u have a wonderful life and God bless your soul cuz u gonna need it...
schoolsupplies

Owensboro, KY

#5 Jul 28, 2013
nicechick wrote:
If you call your child's school Monday, I'd bet there'll be someone that can tell you where you can pick some up. I'd imagine there's some sort of 'community coalition' group that still has the bulk of what was offered together.
After all, the one in my county was this morning for three hours,and some parents have to work weekend hours. I'm sure they won't mind someone, especially someone that they're aware has a need,coming by to get supplies needed to start them off ready to learn. Good luck!
Thank you for your help
skeptic

Owensboro, KY

#6 Jul 28, 2013
schoolsupplies wrote:
<quoted text>You are an ugly person...u dont know my situation and frankly its none of your business....I onky have one child n his father has recently passed away...I have bought many supplies n even have donated in the past but when u are suddenly a widow it makes it kinds hard..thank u very much. And may u have a wonderful life and God bless your soul cuz u gonna need it...
Don't believe it. Fake.
Attorney76

Owensboro, KY

#7 Jul 28, 2013
schoolsupplies wrote:
<quoted text>You are an ugly person...u dont know my situation and frankly its none of your business....I onky have one child n his father has recently passed away...I have bought many supplies n even have donated in the past but when u are suddenly a widow it makes it kinds hard..thank u very much. And may u have a wonderful life and God bless your soul cuz u gonna need it...
Couldn't help but read your post. Sorry about your loss! I'm sure if you contact the school your son attends, they will be more than happy to help you. Your not the only one that has gone through this situation, so don't feel bad for reaching out for help.
If you recently lost your husband hopefully he had a life insurance policy. Social Security offers the $255 upon death and your child is entitled to certain benefits by law. Check with your local Social Security office about what your entitled to. Most cases your child is entitled to a check and you yourself are entitled to a check for taking care of your son after the loss of a spouse. Good luck!!

Also some of your local churches are willing to help you with school supplies!!
Try this

United States

#8 Jul 28, 2013
schoolsupplies wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ugly person...u dont know my situation and frankly its none of your business....I onky have one child n his father has recently passed away...I have bought many supplies n even have donated in the past but when u are suddenly a widow it makes it kinds hard..thank u very much. And may u have a wonderful life and God bless your soul cuz u gonna need it...
if its none of our business then why are you telling us?
FRC

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jul 28, 2013
schoolsupplies wrote:
Anyone know of any places giving out school supplies for free. I missed the ones today...any info would be appreciated!!
The school Family Resource Center will take care of most supplies, but you need to call them.

Since: Mar 13

Owensboro, KY

#10 Jul 28, 2013
contact river city church..I seen they were doing this aug 3 at smothers park..school.supplies, haircuts, food, and other things but I don't remember the time..
mother of 4

Owensboro, KY

#12 Jul 31, 2013
Try this wrote:
my husband and I have 3 children and 1 due in September, he works full time and I have to stay at home due to work issues and I am proud to say I will be going and getting the stuff at smothers park this Saturday, we get no help from the government because we don't qualify it is extremely hard sometimes because we have to stretch the money as far as it goes. you have no business talking to people like that, for your information the supplies bought go to a closet in the classroom to last through out the whole year for all students and its because of people like you talking down on others and judging others that hardly anyone likes to ask for help. I wished we could get help but we don't we do it on our own the 2 oldest kids's mother does not help out at all with them in any way shape or form so I am assuming from your nasty comment that we are bad people for reaching out for help? I am sure that one day you will need the help and I hope you will feel the way you made others feel not everyone is financially stable in this economy. so please before you be all nasty to others assess the situation a little further.
mother of 4

Owensboro, KY

#13 Jul 31, 2013
schoolsupplies wrote:
I am sorry for the way that person talked to you. there is a school supply thing Saturday august 3 fom 9 to 12 at smothers park they are doing supplies food haircuts oil changes all that I would get there early to ensure you get things. god bless you. we all need a little help sometimes and not everyone has the mental capacity to understand that until they are in the same situation.
smh

Owensboro, KY

#14 Jul 31, 2013
Even if she was the crappiest mother in the world. (not saying you are) there is a child in need.
Man

Hopkinsville, KY

#15 Jul 31, 2013
The poster called try this is a text book moron. Any person who post words like they do needs to just be quiet. A person that thinks this way is obviously a lonely person who prides themselves with money and keeps count of doing something nice. As of it's a score. I feel sorry for a person like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
debbie puckett. cadillac trash 36 min onthereal 7
New Ohs Football coach is?!? 50 min aaaa 14
Slobgood back in jail 1 hr hmm 8
brandon severance 1 hr sev 3
i need my co@& serviced!! (Feb '14) 1 hr Kyboy 18
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 2 hr Zack 514
chad wayne 2 hr haha 1
bad wreck u.s 60 stanley 4 hr clearer 22
Owensboro Dating
Find my Match