home extreme makeover house that was ...
Not even

Owensboro, KY

#86 Oct 12, 2012
Some lenders don't require an inspection. We sold our house last oct and the lender did not require an inspection- the people never did get one. The house we bought, the lender did require. And obviously a cash sale doesn't require an inspection either
fed up

Owensboro, KY

#88 Oct 13, 2012
i think when people puts their opinions on this page is just childish DONOT REALLY KNOW THIS FAMILY!!!! unless u have walked in their shoes u do not have a clue the challenges and daily stuggles they endure!! They know their not the only ones who have ever had a tradgety!!!! DUH!! Facts are No they didnt get any settlement Nor did they receive $262K as someone speculated. Sounds like to me people are just jealous, but if they would stop and think just for a moment.... Their lives were drastically changed, two children with medical needs, NOT ONCE did they ask for anything!!! But People will believe lies before the truth. SO SO Sad!!!! No they didnt get two cars, only one.And thats all they needed!!! The house was NOT POORLY Built!!!! The family appreciated the real volunteers and the community. praying for those mean, jealous, gossipers, who will be judged by GOD one day!!
bahhhhh golllly

United States

#89 Oct 14, 2012
serioulsy wrote:
It was a gift... Most everyone that helped just did it to be on tv not because they knew the family or wanted to help them out they just did it for publicity and the mattingly family didn't get a thing they wanted they just wanted something plain and simple and they got big and extravagant
THAT HOUSE WASN'T THAT BIG AN IT DAMN SURE WASN'T THAT NICE I HELPED INTALL THE FLOORS
hi

Owensboro, KY

#90 Oct 14, 2012
fed up wrote:
i think when people puts their opinions on this page is just childish DONOT REALLY KNOW THIS FAMILY!!!! unless u have walked in their shoes u do not have a clue the challenges and daily stuggles they endure!! They know their not the only ones who have ever had a tradgety!!!! DUH!! Facts are No they didnt get any settlement Nor did they receive $262K as someone speculated. Sounds like to me people are just jealous, but if they would stop and think just for a moment.... Their lives were drastically changed, two children with medical needs, NOT ONCE did they ask for anything!!! But People will believe lies before the truth. SO SO Sad!!!! No they didnt get two cars, only one.And thats all they needed!!! The house was NOT POORLY Built!!!! The family appreciated the real volunteers and the community. praying for those mean, jealous, gossipers, who will be judged by GOD one day!!
You didn't have anything to say about them getting a divorce tho did ya.
i fu cked

United States

#91 Oct 19, 2012
All over that house.

Level 2

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#92 Oct 19, 2012
bahhhhh golllly wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT HOUSE WASN'T THAT BIG AN IT DAMN SURE WASN'T THAT NICE I HELPED INTALL THE FLOORS
I do not think I would say that.Does not say a lot about your skills or workmanship

Level 2

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#93 Oct 19, 2012
Look all of this is bullshit. Yes they are getting divorced but you all have no idea what she has been through, Try living with someone who has had a severe brain injury with no help from anyone.She has taken care of him and the girls the best she can with out any help. His parents blame her. Like she was the one that hit him. NOT!!! you all have no idea what she has gone through so until you live through what she has you have no room to comment. Workman's comp has been wanting to stop paying that is why they had to get an attorney. you should know the facts before you start saying negative stuff KARMA comes back to get you. Stop all of this bullshit now She is going through enough and how dare someone say does she give happy endings!!! That is just totally uncalled for.She is a professional person that gives massages only!!! Get your facts straight and stay out of other peoples business that you know NOTHING about!!!
dumb

Owensboro, KY

#94 Oct 20, 2012
if you know so much about this family then who is their workers comp lawyer?
geez

United States

#95 Oct 20, 2012
Why is that any of ur business!!!!
dan the man

Henderson, KY

#96 Oct 20, 2012
In sickness and health, till death do us part. So much for that!c
Stone

Owensboro, KY

#97 Oct 25, 2012
banana_panda wrote:
Look all of this is bullshit. Yes they are getting divorced but you all have no idea what she has been through, Try living with someone who has had a severe brain injury with no help from anyone.She has taken care of him and the girls the best she can with out any help. His parents blame her. Like she was the one that hit him. NOT!!! you all have no idea what she has gone through so until you live through what she has you have no room to comment. Workman's comp has been wanting to stop paying that is why they had to get an attorney. you should know the facts before you start saying negative stuff KARMA comes back to get you. Stop all of this bullshit now She is going through enough and how dare someone say does she give happy endings!!! That is just totally uncalled for.She is a professional person that gives massages only!!! Get your facts straight and stay out of other peoples business that you know NOTHING about!!!
Hahahaha happy endings!!! So her husband and kids are retarded? If so, she should have left deep ago.
WHAT

Donalsonville, GA

#98 Oct 25, 2012
wow wrote:
Seriously? I do not know this family but the jealousy of those on this site is AMAZING. I get so tired of everyone whining about how unfair things are. People whining all over the place about a dying boy getting "all the attention" and now this. I worked on that house too and my intentions were to help. Unless you KNOW the situation, you should really reserve judgement.
.

I agree with your statement about all the whining. I'm glad to at least know they whine about other things besides the Goodwin family. Such a shame!!
jenny

Owensboro, KY

#99 Dec 27, 2012
Is it gone?
Libby

United States

#100 Dec 27, 2012
jenny wrote:
Is it gone?
Drove past it a few weeks ago and it had a for sale sign still up. Don't know wats happened since then though
RankAndFoul

Owensboro, KY

#101 Dec 31, 2012
Who cares? The house was built with charitable donations from charitable foundations with the publicity of EMO. See, the thing about charity is that it's usually extended without any expectation of return, repayment, etc. If anyone thinks the Mattinglys should be required to repay said organizations after the house sells, then I suppose we should all be digging our money outta the Salvation Army tins because some recipients might spend their own cash on cigarettes, we can evict anyone who lives in a habitat for humanity house but can afford liquor, and we should definitely start jerking the clothes off people who shop at Goodwill if they can afford KMart. If you missed the sarcasm, please reread or maybe have a trusted friend read this post to you.
ridiculous

Owensboro, KY

#102 Dec 31, 2012
mind ya own wrote:
I think everyone needs to mind there own business! You don't know what's going on or what they're dealing with... The only thing y'all know are stupid rumors that are going around!! Y'all just need to get a life and worry bout the problems in your life not other people!!!!
Normally i would agree! However when u go on a show like that and accept so much help from the community, you open yourself up for stuff like this! Cant feel sorry!
RankandFoul

Owensboro, KY

#103 Jan 3, 2013
ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
Normally i would agree! However when u go on a show like that and accept so much help from the community, you open yourself up for stuff like this! Cant feel sorry!
So, you open yourself up to shittiness when you accept kindness? Is that what you're saying, because if so, that's f*cked up. Wise up. The participating celebrities got much needed favorable publicity (don't think the Lifetime channel was beating down Clint Black's door for the next suicide movie of the week and does he still even sing?), the contractors got some kick-ass advertising (plus payment) in addition to the positivity of lending to a worthy cause, the county benefitted financially from rubber neckers who served as tourists for the whole thing, and the Mattinglys got a new house for which they freakin' qualified. It's not like they skeezed the Make A Wish Foundation with a phony sick kid for a trip to the Mall of America. Geez, people, for that one point in time, they had to feel like the luckiest people on earth. Like prayers were answered. Why do you have to piss on it?
yep

United States

#104 Jan 4, 2013
Yep
hmmmm

Owensboro, KY

#105 Jan 4, 2013
RankandFoul wrote:
<quoted text>So, you open yourself up to shittiness when you accept kindness? Is that what you're saying, because if so, that's f*cked up. Wise up. The participating celebrities got much needed favorable publicity (don't think the Lifetime channel was beating down Clint Black's door for the next suicide movie of the week and does he still even sing?), the contractors got some kick-ass advertising (plus payment) in addition to the positivity of lending to a worthy cause, the county benefitted financially from rubber neckers who served as tourists for the whole thing, and the Mattinglys got a new house for which they freakin' qualified. It's not like they skeezed the Make A Wish Foundation with a phony sick kid for a trip to the Mall of America. Geez, people, for that one point in time, they had to feel like the luckiest people on earth. Like prayers were answered. Why do you have to piss on it?
No one is pissing on it, the houses are all scams. Just the reality of the situation.
hmmmm

Owensboro, KY

#106 Jan 4, 2013
Wonder why there is not a reunion show? Here is why.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kayla Dawn Purrcell PREGNANT 24 min kristie 2
Misty Moffitt 1 hr Sad 24
donna mclevain? good head or nah 1 hr Greg 2
Debra Martin 1 hr Cracker 1
James "Duke" Mitchell 1 hr Dott industries 5
lara miss jones 1 hr You already know 6
The Big O 2 hr Millie 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages