home extreme makeover house that was ...
REWATCH

Owensboro, KY

#66 Oct 8, 2012
You can rewatch the show online -- IT WAS TWO!

One brand car for a family would have been more than enough!

They were also all given FREE RIDES (TUITION/BOOKS/ROOM & BOARD)for the entire family by all the local colleges KWC/BRESCIA/DAYMAR/OCC and those girls were not even out of ELMENTARY SCHOOL YET 3 years ago.

And the girls current schools are still feeling they need to be charitiable to these girls??? I would think that the schools need to look around at other children and help those out who havent had any help yet. The girls are probably on FREE LUNCH AND BREAKFAST PROGRAM so it's not like the girls are starving.
Really

Owensboro, KY

#67 Oct 8, 2012
What all are the schools doing for the girls?
stupid people

Owensboro, KY

#68 Oct 8, 2012
What does it matter what they get or what they've got. They're selling there house it's no ones business why
Really

Owensboro, KY

#69 Oct 8, 2012
I would say that since the whole community paid for it and volunteered their time and they didn't pay a dime for it then it definitely is everyone's business!!
serioulsy

Owensboro, KY

#70 Oct 8, 2012
It was a gift... Most everyone that helped just did it to be on tv not because they knew the family or wanted to help them out they just did it for publicity and the mattingly family didn't get a thing they wanted they just wanted something plain and simple and they got big and extravagant
crazy

Owensboro, KY

#71 Oct 8, 2012
Well, that is the craziest thing I have ever heard. Do you really believe that anyone would believe that they wanted anything plain and simple. Does extreme home makeover ever build anything just plain and simple? GET REAL!!! Everyone knows it too!
yes

Princeton, KY

#72 Oct 8, 2012
crazy wrote:
Well, that is the craziest thing I have ever heard. Do you really believe that anyone would believe that they wanted anything plain and simple. Does extreme home makeover ever build anything just plain and simple? GET REAL!!! Everyone knows it too!
I do. Not everyone has to compensate for their low level of self esteem by showing off.
wow

Owensboro, KY

#73 Oct 8, 2012
Seriously? I do not know this family but the jealousy of those on this site is AMAZING. I get so tired of everyone whining about how unfair things are. People whining all over the place about a dying boy getting "all the attention" and now this. I worked on that house too and my intentions were to help. Unless you KNOW the situation, you should really reserve judgement.
duh

Pensacola, FL

#74 Oct 8, 2012
Really....out of all the comments...taxes r eating them up, really...taxes can't be at the most 4000 a year...they don't make that much with the new message parlor...lmao!!
mind ur own business

Owensboro, KY

#75 Oct 11, 2012
Funny! those who comment on this... dont have a clue!!! Just remember- God is the judge and jury! Not all you other people who listen to gossip! This site is sad! Every person will have to answer for what they have and havent done! Every word or comment you make - will be judge by god! Shes done everything possible to keep her family going, health and safe!! No the house isnt dirty! The house was well built! Shame on you people who keep rumors going... ie.. "I heard thru the grapevine" or I heard this or that... Really !! close your own closet door so your skeleton dont fall out!!! I will pray this site removes all this crap and garbage!! All these staement about them are not truth, and even if it was... It there business!!!
mind ur own business

Owensboro, KY

#76 Oct 11, 2012
Really wrote:
I would say that since the whole community paid for it and volunteered their time and they didn't pay a dime for it then it definitely is everyone's business!!
No its not! some of the people who volunteered only did it to be on TV! None of your business!!! Funny how you can judge them and listen to all the lies! None of this crap is true!!! Praying for u!!
mind ur own business

Owensboro, KY

#77 Oct 11, 2012
REWATCH wrote:
You can rewatch the show online -- IT WAS TWO!
One brand car for a family would have been more than enough!
They were also all given FREE RIDES (TUITION/BOOKS/ROOM & BOARD)for the entire family by all the local colleges KWC/BRESCIA/DAYMAR/OCC and those girls were not even out of ELMENTARY SCHOOL YET 3 years ago.
And the girls current schools are still feeling they need to be charitiable to these girls??? I would think that the schools need to look around at other children and help those out who havent had any help yet. The girls are probably on FREE LUNCH AND BREAKFAST PROGRAM so it's not like the girls are starving.
Just goes to show .... they only got one!!!! This person is so uneducated!! listening to rumors and gossip only!!! maybe you need to watch show again!! ONLY ONE vechile!!! get your facts straight before speculating!! Oh u can - you dont know them and it none of ur business!!!
Sounds

Owensboro, KY

#78 Oct 11, 2012
mind ur own business wrote:
<quoted text>
Just goes to show .... they only got one!!!! This person is so uneducated!! listening to rumors and gossip only!!! maybe you need to watch show again!! ONLY ONE vechile!!! get your facts straight before speculating!! Oh u can - you dont know them and it none of ur business!!!
This comment sounds just like two ungrateful humans - Mr/Mrs. Mattingly. You are not the only family in the world NOR Owensboro who has suffered a tragic event. Your "entitled" family was not happy with one free car? You think you should have received two free cars??? Calling someone uneducated is laughable. That shack they lived in proved they were nothing but trash before the injury. He was at least 35 when he was struck by a car...He couldn't provide for his family PRE-INJURY...LOSER.
Mandy Jean

Boynton Beach, FL

#79 Oct 11, 2012
Is this listed online for sale and if so what's the website
Owensboro MLS

Earlington, KY

#80 Oct 11, 2012
Mandy Jean wrote:
Is this listed online for sale and if so what's the website
http://www.owensboromls.com/default.asp...
Sorry

United States

#81 Oct 12, 2012
300k for a house way out in the county!!! I looked at the pics and it looks like shit. You could build a house that's the way you want it to be for 300k. It's cool that it's move in ready, but the paint on the walls would have to go!!!

If I took a guess, I wouldn't think they'd get much more than 225k. I really don't see anybody buying a house for that much. And the fact everybody knows it wad free, good luck!!
FAMILY

Owensboro, KY

#82 Oct 12, 2012
I know for a fact that the house is falling apart... It's poorly built. I would be trying to get out of it also.
pissed

Owensboro, KY

#83 Oct 12, 2012
That house couldn't be falling apart because if it was they couldn't list it for sale, because you have to have it inspected before you list with a realtor.
Owensboro, KY

#84 Oct 12, 2012
pissed wrote:
That house couldn't be falling apart because if it was they couldn't list it for sale, because you have to have it inspected before you list with a realtor.
When I bought my house. I had to pay for my own inspection. It was with imiage builders 5 years ago. Maybe they changed it?
wrong

Owensboro, KY

#85 Oct 12, 2012
pissed wrote:
A house does not have to be inspected before it is put up for sale. It does, however, have to be inspected before the lender will let someone buy it. Depending on the type of loan, certain repairs must be made on the property before it is bought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roberta ling 8 min Omfg 3
Milf haley baize 12 min Mmmmm 1
Kate elizabeth hirsch 13 min Sexy 1
You know Suzanne Spurrier? 14 min Thyt11 3
Post getting deleted? 20 min m14gone 6
Conservative Wisenheimer has blown a circuit! 27 min Teacher 6
suzannah spurrier need to know? 31 min m14gone 1

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance