Paul's gospel must be accepted

Paul's gospel must be accepted

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

newnature

United States

#1 Feb 16, 2013
Paulís gospel must be accepted, it must be believed today, and you can be sure that confusion concerning that gospel through the use of a counterfeit gospel; a gospel that looks so much like Paulís gospel that youíd not know the difference, if you didnít clearly know Paulís gospel, will be Satanís focus in this age of grace.

One of Satanís purpose in this age of grace is to confuse Paulís gospel with a gospel so nearly to it, and there are many people out there today saying all you have to do is to believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and youíre saved. They believe this in almost every church across the board that Christ died, was buried and rose again, but what do they believe was accomplished by that death, burial and resurrection?

In their minds, they were separating themselves for God by their sin, and Paul is saying that God has already reconciled you where your sins are concerned. God is reconciled where the sins of the world are concerned, because he imputed those sins to Christ, that all who would believe what he imputed to Christ, that that resolved the sin issue forever, and are now joined to his son and have his righteousness freely counted to them, or imputed to their account.

Paul called it the ministry of reconciliation, Christ fulfilled the law for us, so we are identified with the righteousness of Christ the moment we take God at his word, obedient to the faith, concerning what Christ accomplished on our behalf. Today our service comes not out of apprehension to any of those things; our service today comes based solely on our appreciation for what Christ has already done.

Satan

Owensboro, KY

#2 Feb 16, 2013
Sex, drugs & rock n' roll must be accepted! It's way more fun! I'm more powerful than your god! That's why all Christain music sucks! Hahahaha!!
GowithJesus

Princeton, KY

#3 Feb 16, 2013
newnature wrote:
Paul’s gospel must be accepted, it must be believed today, and you can be sure that confusion concerning that gospel through the use of a counterfeit gospel; a gospel that looks so much like Paul’s gospel that you’d not know the difference, if you didn’t clearly know Paul’s gospel, will be Satan’s focus in this age of grace.

One of Satan’s purpose in this age of grace is to confuse Paul’s gospel with a gospel so nearly to it, and there are many people out there today saying all you have to do is to believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and you’re saved. They believe this in almost every church across the board that Christ died, was buried and rose again, but what do they believe was accomplished by that death, burial and resurrection?

In their minds, they were separating themselves for God by their sin, and Paul is saying that God has already reconciled you where your sins are concerned. God is reconciled where the sins of the world are concerned, because he imputed those sins to Christ, that all who would believe what he imputed to Christ, that that resolved the sin issue forever, and are now joined to his son and have his righteousness freely counted to them, or imputed to their account.

Paul called it the ministry of reconciliation, Christ fulfilled the law for us, so we are identified with the righteousness of Christ the moment we take God at his word, obedient to the faith, concerning what Christ accomplished on our behalf. Today our service comes not out of apprehension to any of those things; our service today comes based solely on our appreciation for what Christ has already done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6dcdkkkgEcEXX
Paul contradicted many of Jesus's teachings about love and compassion.
Just a guy

Owensboro, KY

#4 Feb 17, 2013
newnature wrote:
Paulís gospel must be accepted, it must be believed today, and you can be sure that confusion concerning that gospel through the use of a counterfeit gospel; a gospel that looks so much like Paulís gospel that youíd not know the difference, if you didnít clearly know Paulís gospel, will be Satanís focus in this age of grace.
One of Satanís purpose in this age of grace is to confuse Paulís gospel with a gospel so nearly to it, and there are many people out there today saying all you have to do is to believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and youíre saved. They believe this in almost every church across the board that Christ died, was buried and rose again, but what do they believe was accomplished by that death, burial and resurrection?
http://www.youtube.com/watch ?
v=6dcdkkkgEcE
Someone forgot their meds today
newnature

United States

#5 Feb 17, 2013
God revealed a secret to Paul that he kept secret before he created anything, Paul did not contradicted Jesus at all.

Just a guy

Owensboro, KY

#7 Feb 17, 2013
Well if the guy on YouTube says so....
hmmm

Princeton, KY

#8 Feb 17, 2013
newnature wrote:
Paul’s gospel must be accepted, it must be believed today, and you can be sure that confusion concerning that gospel through the use of a counterfeit gospel; a gospel that looks so much like Paul’s gospel that you’d not know the difference, if you didn’t clearly know Paul’s gospel, will be Satan’s focus in this age of grace.

One of Satan’s purpose in this age of grace is to confuse Paul’s gospel with a gospel so nearly to it, and there are many people out there today saying all you have to do is to believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and you’re saved. They believe this in almost every church across the board that Christ died, was buried and rose again, but what do they believe was accomplished by that death, burial and resurrection?

Jesus never said anything about homosexuals, while Paul says they will not enter heaven. Jesus never said anything sexist against women, in fact he helped a prostitute from being stoned -- yet Paul was a sexist what he said in 1 Timothy 2:11.

Matt.24:23-26. "At that time if anyone says to you,'Look, here is the Christ!' or,'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christ¬īs and false prophets will appear and perform great SIGNS and MIRACLES to deceive even the elect - if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time. "So if anyone tells you,'There he is, out in the desert,'

While Paul:

2.Corinth.12:12. When I was with you, I certainly gave you every proof that I am truly an apostle, sent to you by God himself. For I patiently did many SIGNS and wonders and MIRACLES among you.
bishopspong

Princeton, KY

#9 Feb 17, 2013
newnature wrote:

However, before diving into the Gospels, Spong explores Paul, the earliest known writer of the New Testament. Chapter seven begins with quotations from the Pauline Epistles, including Gal 5:12,‚ÄúI wish those who unsettle you would mutilate themselves‚ÄĚ, Col 3:22,‚ÄúSlaves, obey in everything those who are your earthy masters, not with eye service, as men pleasers, but in singleness of heart‚ÄĚ, and from 1 Cor 14:35,‚ÄúIt is shameful for a woman to speak in church.‚ÄĚ After listing these quotes and seven more, Spong asks the reader,‚ÄúIs this the Word of the Lord‚ÄĚ(92)? Spong then answers his own question by saying that not only are these words not the Word of the Lord, they are the words of Paul, who apparently ‚Äúbelieves that in religious conflict those who disagree with him should be cursed‚ÄĚ(93). Spong is disturbed by the way in which Paul appears to ‚Äúbelittle women, affirm slavery, and express some measure of anti-Semitic hostility‚ÄĚ(93). Nevertheless, it is the unsettling nature of some of Paul‚Äôs writings that encourage Spong to imagine who the man revered as Saint Paul was in real life. The facts, combined with Spong‚Äôs love for theories, lead to what I believe is the most interesting and shocking part of Spong‚Äôs book.
bishopspong

Princeton, KY

#10 Feb 17, 2013
What if ‚ÄúPaul was plagued by homosexual fears‚ÄĚ(116)? This theory, not original to Spong, could explain some of Paul‚Äôs actions. First,‚ÄúPaul felt tremendous guilt and shame, which produced in him self-loathing‚ÄĚ(117). In Paul‚Äôs Pharisaic Jewish tradition (pre-
bishopspong

Princeton, KY

#11 Feb 17, 2013
What if ‚ÄúPaul was plagued by homosexual fears‚ÄĚ(116)? This theory, not original to Spong, could explain some of Paul‚Äôs actions. First,‚ÄúPaul felt tremendous guilt and shame, which produced in him self-loathing‚ÄĚ(117). In Paul‚Äôs Pharisaic Jewish tradition (pre-conversion), homosexual males were regarded as ‚Äúaberrant, distorted, evil, and depraved.‚ÄĚ The discovery of homosexuality was punishable by death (117). Spong believes that ‚Äúnothing else‚Ķ could account for Paul‚Äôs self-judging rhetoric, his negative feeling toward his own body, and his sense of being controlled by something he had no power to change‚ÄĚ(117). After proposing this theory Spong asks the reader to reflect on Paul‚Äôs words from 2 Cor 12:7-9:‚ÄúTherefore, to keep me from being too elated, a thorn was given to me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I appealed to the Lord about this, that it would leave me, but he said to me,‚ÄėMy grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.‚Äô‚ÄĚ What if this theory is true? What if churches embraced this theory? How would that affect the modern view of homosexuality and the inerrancy of the Bible? If Saint Paul was gay, could bigotry and prejudice against homosexuals still exist? The point of Spong‚Äôs theories are not to convince Christians that Paul was a homosexual but to make Christians look at the Bible in a new light, to help Christians to see the Bible not as words set in stone but as a work of art with many layers.
Reader

Hopkinsville, KY

#12 Feb 19, 2013
bishopspong wrote:
What if ‚ÄúPaul was plagued by homosexual fears‚ÄĚ(116)? This theory, not original to Spong, could explain some of Paul‚Äôs actions. First,‚ÄúPaul felt tremendous guilt and shame, which produced in him self-loathing‚ÄĚ(117). In Paul‚Äôs Pharisaic Jewish tradition (pre-conversion), homosexual males were regarded as ‚Äúaberrant, distorted, evil, and depraved.‚ÄĚ The discovery of homosexuality was punishable by death (117). Spong believes that ‚Äúnothing else‚Ķ could account for Paul‚Äôs self-judging rhetoric, his negative feeling toward his own body, and his sense of being controlled by something he had no power to change‚ÄĚ(117). After proposing this theory Spong asks the reader to reflect on Paul‚Äôs words from 2 Cor 12:7-9:‚ÄúTherefore, to keep me from being too elated, a thorn was given to me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I appealed to the Lord about this, that it would leave me, but he said to me,‚ÄėMy grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.‚Äô‚ÄĚ What if this theory is true? What if churches embraced this theory? How would that affect the modern view of homosexuality and the inerrancy of the Bible? If Saint Paul was gay, could bigotry and prejudice against homosexuals still exist? The point of Spong‚Äôs theories are not to convince Christians that Paul was a homosexual but to make Christians look at the Bible in a new light, to help Christians to see the Bible not as words set in stone but as a work of art with many layers.
Well, we will never know, will we?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barbarossa mc 31 min mc 9
bridgepoint church 34 min curious 1
Guy filming girls from his car... 56 min Pantherette18 1
Delete all you want, warren Copeland will be a ... 59 min Freeway 10
Chantaya 1 hr Mmmmmhmmm 1
Acettes look like OCHS cheerleaders with down s... 1 hr Freeway 1
Stalking 3 hr Wow 7

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance