Anyone hear that Sears in Owensboro i...
dontlikeit

Tucker, GA

#21 Jan 5, 2013
I don't necessarily like walmart, but it has created a lot of jobs in this area
Seems Fine

Calhoun, KY

#22 Jan 5, 2013
What's wrong with Walmart?

When I buy anything at Target or Office Depot, then go to Walmart to buy something else, I usually notice I would have come out ahead going to Walmart first, because they usually turn out to have what I already bought, cheaper.
kristi

Tucker, GA

#23 Jan 5, 2013
The savings from walmart cant possibly be so much it would make a difference in a persons budget. I would rather pay a bit more, have better parking, less crowds and better quality stuff.
Yoda

Owensboro, KY

#24 Jan 5, 2013
Who is the tall dark headed girl that works the counter in the tool dept? She is fine!

Level 3

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#25 Jan 5, 2013
Princess Leia
Seems Fine

Calhoun, KY

#26 Jan 5, 2013
kristi wrote:
The savings from walmart cant possibly be so much it would make a difference in a persons budget. I would rather pay a bit more, have better parking, less crowds and better quality stuff.
They not only charge less for the same brand, but also have cheaper brands. Some of their cheap brands are higher quality than more expensive brands.

I've never had any problem with their parking or crowds. I don't always like the parking lot security guard, because they often hire obnoxious morons for that job, but it's rarely a problem.
Janet

Owensboro, KY

#27 Jan 8, 2013
Everybody says they hate shopping at walmart but most still go there to shop. Walmart barely pays their employees anything so they have created good jobs. I'd much rather shop at Kroger or another store than messing with that place. Never shopped at sears either so not sad to see it go.
itttbittytitty

Owensboro, KY

#28 Jan 14, 2013
Yoda wrote:
Who is the tall dark headed girl that works the counter in the tool dept? She is fine!
Erica? Short hair?

Level 2

Since: Jul 12

Tell City, IN

#29 Jan 15, 2013
Sears closing means I have to find a new place to buy tools. Shame cause the Craftsman return policy for broken things was good to me the last time I broke a ratchet.
whack

United States

#30 Jan 15, 2013
Strahd99 wrote:
Sears closing means I have to find a new place to buy tools. Shame cause the Craftsman return policy for broken things was good to me the last time I broke a ratchet.
the Sears in Evansville is staying opened. I think they have a better selection anyway.
belltone

United States

#31 Jan 15, 2013
Yes I heard this.
A friend

Clermont, KY

#32 Jan 16, 2013
Where is the proof that sears is closing? Meaning, where did u read that at?
craftsman

Owensboro, KY

#33 Jan 16, 2013
The brand isn't what it used to be. They're not made in America anymore. Made from lower quality materials, and same price some of the ones still available in the stores are the old made in USA ones however.
geebers

Owensboro, KY

#34 Feb 20, 2013
Are they still open?

What time do they close?
Chris Eaves

United States

#35 Feb 20, 2013
Where am I going to shoplift now?
Brandon

United States

#36 Feb 21, 2013
Loved the lifetime warranty on the tools! Used it many times
hey

United States

#37 Feb 21, 2013
I was in there maybe about a week ago and saw flyers up saying that they were having a job fair and planning on hiring 30 people. So I'd say that's a good sign that they aren't closing
Mr Employee

Owensboro, KY

#38 Feb 22, 2013
I heard there was a letter sent out to mall employees with upcoming changes listed....and Sears was listed as one of the stores.

I don't believe the crap about them hiring because they have limited hours to spread among the employees that have at this point anyway. If you did get hired on you wouldn't get many hours.
geebers

Owensboro, KY

#39 Feb 22, 2013
"Upcoming changes"

Why would a bunch of different stores all close at the same time, such that the mall could make a list of "upcoming changes"? Is the mall itself in jeopardy?
Mr Employee

Owensboro, KY

#40 Feb 22, 2013
Ok...so they send out a mall newsletter saying x, y and z will be closing. Or x store will be moving to the old location of store b. The mall isn't making that choice - the stores are closing - the individual store is making that choice they just sent out a letter to others to let them know. Good grief. Apparently Sears was on the list.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah ann white 8 min old friend 1
rita marie hamilton 8 min Lol 3
Chaturbate (Aug '16) 18 min Its getting old 13
Gen kost 46 min batman8833 3
Maegan Hagan Canít Spell 47 min ItsANewLanguage 4
logan wells 2 hr lj 4
Shelby Stewart (Sep '17) 3 hr Geeked boy 46

Owensboro Jobs

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages