Anyone hear that Sears in Owensboro is closing??

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
classic

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Is it just a rumor?
noway

Greenville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

classic wrote:
Is it just a rumor?
Nope.
classic

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

I heard stores got a list of upcoming closings...FYE was on it too.
When

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

When do they expect the Owensboro Sears store to close? I wonder if Payless will close soon. The store is not very well stocked no matter what time of the year. The workers there are so BARBARIC AND HATEFUL they make themselves appear to be SCUM AND TRASH.
kristi

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

When wrote:
When do they expect the Owensboro Sears store to close? I wonder if Payless will close soon. The store is not very well stocked no matter what time of the year. The workers there are so BARBARIC AND HATEFUL they make themselves appear to be SCUM AND TRASH.
payless shoes are cheap, wouldny buy shoes there. And it seems since sears got mixed in with kmart there stuff is cheap too. Not surprised it closing.
Smoke

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Barbaric and hateful sears employees?? Lmao!!! Hahahaha barbaric savage sears employees hahaha that's funny!
Roebuck

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Is Kmart closing too? There are two Kmarts in Owensboro. Are both closing?
Wally World

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Roebuck wrote:
Is Kmart closing too? There are two Kmarts in Owensboro. Are both closing?
Yea there closing too, Wal-Mart is the only place to go from now on.
hmmm

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Wally World wrote:
<quoted text>Yea there closing too, Wal-Mart is the only place to go from now on.
Wal mart sucks I love kmart

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Smoke wrote:
Barbaric and hateful sears employees?? Lmao!!! Hahahaha barbaric savage sears employees hahaha that's funny!
You don't read very well do you?
Thanks

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

RedFoX88 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't read very well do you?
It was the Payless employees.
Newspaper

Beaver Dam, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

I will believe both kmarts are closing when I read it in the M-I. Owensboro needs a Meijers! It will give Kroger and Walmart both a real competition!
A Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

kristi wrote:
<quoted text>payless shoes are cheap, wouldny buy shoes there. And it seems since sears got mixed in with kmart there stuff is cheap too. Not surprised it closing.
that's the problem with the Payless in Owensboro. In other cities like Chicago and even Louisville, the Payless stores have really cute shoes that are decent quality, granted they aren't exactly Choos, but they are decent and affordable. Owensboro Payless rarely has anything good quality except the old lady looking shoes. Those actually hold up. Unfortunately. My mom used to buy them for me when I was a kid and I could never get those ugly shoes to tear up.:/
finn

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

I heard the plaza Kmart is closing. I hate shopping in there.
kristi

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

A Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
that's the problem with the Payless in Owensboro. In other cities like Chicago and even Louisville, the Payless stores have really cute shoes that are decent quality, granted they aren't exactly Choos, but they are decent and affordable. Owensboro Payless rarely has anything good quality except the old lady looking shoes. Those actually hold up. Unfortunately. My mom used to buy them for me when I was a kid and I could never get those ugly shoes to tear up.:/
thats funny, mom used to buy me those tough skin jeans from sears, couldnt tear those up either. Always looked new, hated those things. Im not a shoe snob, payless shoes hurt my feet when they are cute. Never been to one in the big cities.
Rent in mall to high

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Hope they all move out-Rent is way to high
owes me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Sears, jcpenney, fye, home depot and a few more in the mall closing. But there keeping them open in Evansville. If Kmart does anything they may close one store. We are living in a electronic world and a lot of people do their shopping online anymore. I prefer going to the stores I like to see what I'm buying.
doubts

Greenville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

owes me wrote:
Sears, jcpenney, fye, home depot and a few more in the mall closing. But there keeping them open in Evansville. If Kmart does anything they may close one store. We are living in a electronic world and a lot of people do their shopping online anymore. I prefer going to the stores I like to see what I'm buying.
Sears sells a lot of tools. I would not be surprised about fye...way overpriced. I like home depot so I would hate to see it go. I would rather lose Walmart than a lot of stores. I don't agree with walmart's business practices. I wish we could get a Whole Foods, Costco, Barnes and Noble, Apple Store....etc. etc.
kristi

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

doubts wrote:
<quoted text>
Sears sells a lot of tools. I would not be surprised about fye...way overpriced. I like home depot so I would hate to see it go. I would rather lose Walmart than a lot of stores. I don't agree with walmart's business practices. I wish we could get a Whole Foods, Costco, Barnes and Noble, Apple Stoatc.
any place is better than walmart. I go to krogers, kohls and the local iga. Sometimes dollar store for soft drinks.
owes me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

They will still have the Sears in Evansville and most of their items you can order online. I hate seeing any place close but I agree Walmart needs to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Owensboro Forum right now

Search the Owensboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Over grown weeds at smothers park 10 min Roundupplz 5
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min LMS 144,840
Pacific Wings wins DOT contract - Business News (Jul '09) 31 min District 1 3
i eanna see u 43 min hay kelley 1
christi bartlett 47 min friend 6
Scott Beals Cindy Awfulford 1 hr trailor trash 7
crystal morris and 1 hr nomo 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Owensboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000