Anyone hear that Sears in Owensboro is closing??

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
classic

Owensboro, KY

#1 Dec 31, 2012
Is it just a rumor?
noway

Princeton, KY

#2 Dec 31, 2012
classic wrote:
Is it just a rumor?
Nope.
classic

Owensboro, KY

#3 Dec 31, 2012
I heard stores got a list of upcoming closings...FYE was on it too.
When

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jan 1, 2013
When do they expect the Owensboro Sears store to close? I wonder if Payless will close soon. The store is not very well stocked no matter what time of the year. The workers there are so BARBARIC AND HATEFUL they make themselves appear to be SCUM AND TRASH.
kristi

Duluth, GA

#5 Jan 1, 2013
When wrote:
When do they expect the Owensboro Sears store to close? I wonder if Payless will close soon. The store is not very well stocked no matter what time of the year. The workers there are so BARBARIC AND HATEFUL they make themselves appear to be SCUM AND TRASH.
payless shoes are cheap, wouldny buy shoes there. And it seems since sears got mixed in with kmart there stuff is cheap too. Not surprised it closing.
Smoke

Owensboro, KY

#6 Jan 2, 2013
Barbaric and hateful sears employees?? Lmao!!! Hahahaha barbaric savage sears employees hahaha that's funny!
Roebuck

Owensboro, KY

#7 Jan 2, 2013
Is Kmart closing too? There are two Kmarts in Owensboro. Are both closing?
Wally World

Owensboro, KY

#8 Jan 2, 2013
Roebuck wrote:
Is Kmart closing too? There are two Kmarts in Owensboro. Are both closing?
Yea there closing too, Wal-Mart is the only place to go from now on.
hmmm

Streamwood, IL

#9 Jan 2, 2013
Wally World wrote:
<quoted text>Yea there closing too, Wal-Mart is the only place to go from now on.
Wal mart sucks I love kmart

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Duluth, GA

#10 Jan 2, 2013
Smoke wrote:
Barbaric and hateful sears employees?? Lmao!!! Hahahaha barbaric savage sears employees hahaha that's funny!
You don't read very well do you?
Thanks

Owensboro, KY

#11 Jan 2, 2013
RedFoX88 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't read very well do you?
It was the Payless employees.
Newspaper

Owensboro, KY

#12 Jan 2, 2013
I will believe both kmarts are closing when I read it in the M-I. Owensboro needs a Meijers! It will give Kroger and Walmart both a real competition!
A Girl

United States

#13 Jan 2, 2013
kristi wrote:
<quoted text>payless shoes are cheap, wouldny buy shoes there. And it seems since sears got mixed in with kmart there stuff is cheap too. Not surprised it closing.
that's the problem with the Payless in Owensboro. In other cities like Chicago and even Louisville, the Payless stores have really cute shoes that are decent quality, granted they aren't exactly Choos, but they are decent and affordable. Owensboro Payless rarely has anything good quality except the old lady looking shoes. Those actually hold up. Unfortunately. My mom used to buy them for me when I was a kid and I could never get those ugly shoes to tear up.:/
finn

Owensboro, KY

#14 Jan 2, 2013
I heard the plaza Kmart is closing. I hate shopping in there.
kristi

Duluth, GA

#15 Jan 2, 2013
A Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
that's the problem with the Payless in Owensboro. In other cities like Chicago and even Louisville, the Payless stores have really cute shoes that are decent quality, granted they aren't exactly Choos, but they are decent and affordable. Owensboro Payless rarely has anything good quality except the old lady looking shoes. Those actually hold up. Unfortunately. My mom used to buy them for me when I was a kid and I could never get those ugly shoes to tear up.:/
thats funny, mom used to buy me those tough skin jeans from sears, couldnt tear those up either. Always looked new, hated those things. Im not a shoe snob, payless shoes hurt my feet when they are cute. Never been to one in the big cities.
Rent in mall to high

Owensboro, KY

#16 Jan 3, 2013
Hope they all move out-Rent is way to high
owes me

United States

#17 Jan 3, 2013
Sears, jcpenney, fye, home depot and a few more in the mall closing. But there keeping them open in Evansville. If Kmart does anything they may close one store. We are living in a electronic world and a lot of people do their shopping online anymore. I prefer going to the stores I like to see what I'm buying.
doubts

Princeton, KY

#18 Jan 3, 2013
owes me wrote:
Sears, jcpenney, fye, home depot and a few more in the mall closing. But there keeping them open in Evansville. If Kmart does anything they may close one store. We are living in a electronic world and a lot of people do their shopping online anymore. I prefer going to the stores I like to see what I'm buying.
Sears sells a lot of tools. I would not be surprised about fye...way overpriced. I like home depot so I would hate to see it go. I would rather lose Walmart than a lot of stores. I don't agree with walmart's business practices. I wish we could get a Whole Foods, Costco, Barnes and Noble, Apple Store....etc. etc.
kristi

Duluth, GA

#19 Jan 3, 2013
doubts wrote:
<quoted text>
Sears sells a lot of tools. I would not be surprised about fye...way overpriced. I like home depot so I would hate to see it go. I would rather lose Walmart than a lot of stores. I don't agree with walmart's business practices. I wish we could get a Whole Foods, Costco, Barnes and Noble, Apple Stoatc.
any place is better than walmart. I go to krogers, kohls and the local iga. Sometimes dollar store for soft drinks.
owes me

United States

#20 Jan 4, 2013
They will still have the Sears in Evansville and most of their items you can order online. I hate seeing any place close but I agree Walmart needs to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Brittney matthews n new guy 12 min Bobby 10
rape does not happen, according to men 15 min pimplicous 22
Child Support 21 min broke dad 76
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 25 min yeah man 5,520
Laura Bristrow 30 min lmao 3
Musick Studios 38 min hmm 68
Ttma 41 min Tila 3
Cops in Owensboro ky 6 hr John Dillinger 54
•••