Boyfriend Neglects Me
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lonely

Owensboro, KY

#1 May 23, 2013
My boyfriend rarely calls or texts me anymore. He spends all his time with his new friends. Once in a while he comes around when everyone else is busy or he wants sex. All he ever talks about is one particular friend. It's like he's infatuated with another man. It's weird. He puts me down. He tells me what to do. He threatens to leave me all the time. He hides his phone. He doesn't answer if I call or if he does and is around his friends his tone is really mean. He rarely takes me anywhere but goes here there and everywhere with his friends. It didn't use to be like this. It's affecting my mental health. He broke me but doesn't seem to want me now that I'm broken. I'm in my 30s but I feel like I'm dating (if you can call it that) a 15 year old boy. I wish I had never met him. I've never been a fan of cheating but I'm beginning to understand why some women do it.
just curious

Owensboro, KY

#2 May 23, 2013
Lonely wrote:
My boyfriend rarely calls or texts me anymore. He spends all his time with his new friends. Once in a while he comes around when everyone else is busy or he wants sex. All he ever talks about is one particular friend. It's like he's infatuated with another man. It's weird. He puts me down. He tells me what to do. He threatens to leave me all the time. He hides his phone. He doesn't answer if I call or if he does and is around his friends his tone is really mean. He rarely takes me anywhere but goes here there and everywhere with his friends. It didn't use to be like this. It's affecting my mental health. He broke me but doesn't seem to want me now that I'm broken. I'm in my 30s but I feel like I'm dating (if you can call it that) a 15 year old boy. I wish I had never met him. I've never been a fan of cheating but I'm beginning to understand why some women do it.
if he dosent respect you now he never will..get out of it now...
cwiz

Owensboro, KY

#3 May 23, 2013
Lonely wrote:
well im single i take care of myself im not on no bullshit im in my 30s if you want to talk hit me up

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

United States

#4 May 23, 2013
He's up to no good
Lonely

Owensboro, KY

#5 May 23, 2013
cwiz wrote:
<quoted text>well im single i take care of myself im not on no bullshit im in my 30s if you want to talk hit me up
Thanks for the offer but I'm not quite to that point yet. Just understanding why I would be.
Lonely

Owensboro, KY

#6 May 23, 2013
mr tongue wrote:
He's up to no good
I know that but how do I prove it?

Level 1

Chicago, IL

#7 May 23, 2013
Lonely wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that but how do I prove it?
Next time he hides his phone tell him if there's nothing to be worried about then you would like for him to prove it to you? I mean if you know what's going on why do you need to prove anything? Tell him you need the security of knowing you can trust him.
Understand

Owensboro, KY

#8 May 23, 2013
Run for hills! I'm mean quick! He is absolutely up to no good!!
another one broken

Owensboro, KY

#9 May 23, 2013
Lonely wrote:
Seems to be the norm for some men, atleast the ones I've encountered. I'm going through a similar situation. Seems like you only give so many chances, then you feel like you're going insane. I'm finding that the best thing to do is let go and move on.
Lonely

Owensboro, KY

#10 May 23, 2013
another one broken wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be the norm for some men, atleast the ones I've encountered. I'm going through a similar situation. Seems like you only give so many chances, then you feel like you're going insane. I'm finding that the best thing to do is let go and move on.
It's made me extremely depressed. The person I fell in love with just isn't there anymore. And neither am I.
Lonely

Owensboro, KY

#11 May 23, 2013
Understand wrote:
Run for hills! I'm mean quick! He is absolutely up to no good!!
You're right. I've become paranoid about catching an STD. He cheated in every other relationship he's ever been in.
getwise

Owensboro, KY

#12 May 23, 2013
Back away from this relationship. Take some time to get to know yourself, be comfortable in your own skin. You are a total person of worth, all by yourself. Don't let this jerk or anyone else "break" you. You have to love yourself before you can love anyone else.
Understand

Owensboro, KY

#13 May 23, 2013
Lonely wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. I've become paranoid about catching an STD. He cheated in every other relationship he's ever been in.
Oh wow! There's your answer! You know the old saying, "once a cheater......"
Lonely

Owensboro, KY

#14 May 23, 2013
getwise wrote:
Back away from this relationship. Take some time to get to know yourself, be comfortable in your own skin. You are a total person of worth, all by yourself. Don't let this jerk or anyone else "break" you. You have to love yourself before you can love anyone else.
I didn't have any self esteem issues when I met him. I have already started backing away from him.
another one broken

Owensboro, KY

#15 May 23, 2013
Lonely wrote:
<quoted text>
It's made me extremely depressed. The person I fell in love with just isn't there anymore. And neither am I.
Oh, I understand... It's hard to keep your head up when you're treated that way.

Level 1

Chicago, IL

#16 May 23, 2013
Lonely wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but you just gave yourself your answer as to what you should do.

Level 6

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#17 May 23, 2013
Lonely wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet he is cheating on you and you should be concerned about getting a STD. If you are going to continue to see him and sleep with him might should make him wear a condom.

People often find fault with you to justify their cheating. They also lie and hide things from you.
Lonely

Owensboro, KY

#18 May 23, 2013
Opala wrote:
<quoted text>I bet he is cheating on you and you should be concerned about getting a STD. If you are going to continue to see him and sleep with him might should make him wear a condom.
People often find fault with you to justify their cheating. They also lie and hide things from you.
I knew something was wrong when my ex husband started ridiculing me. I found out he was cheating on me. That's why I know my bf is doing something wrong. I don't get why he didn't end the relationship and leave me alone when he started doing whatever he is doing. Why do men do that? I don't get it.
Baffled

Chicago, IL

#19 May 23, 2013
I don't understand women at all. Half way thru the op I said to myself this has to be a couple of HS kids.
Regardless if he's cheating or not he's treating you like crap and your allowing it. I don't understand why would you sleep with him when he only comes around for that? He's treating you this way by you let him a he knows you aren't going to so anything about it.
Besides all this why why why would you ever be with a man who admits to cheating on EVERY girl he's been with?!?!? Seriously?!?! Not one or two but every one?
Have some self respect and find a man who will treat you right. Better to be alone then to let anyone treat you that way.
Lonely

Owensboro, KY

#20 May 23, 2013
Baffled wrote:
I don't understand women at all. Half way thru the op I said to myself this has to be a couple of HS kids.
Regardless if he's cheating or not he's treating you like crap and your allowing it. I don't understand why would you sleep with him when he only comes around for that? He's treating you this way by you let him a he knows you aren't going to so anything about it.
Besides all this why why why would you ever be with a man who admits to cheating on EVERY girl he's been with?!?!? Seriously?!?! Not one or two but every one?
Have some self respect and find a man who will treat you right. Better to be alone then to let anyone treat you that way.
I didn't know the whole cheating situation until well into the relationship. And the utter disrespect is recent. I have had a hard time letting go but in the past several days less so. It's a process when the person has brain-washed you into believing that the problem is in you and not them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No more transexuals in the military. Trump in t... 23 min For real 20
Honesty is it a lost quality? 28 min Mom 3
kristal yewell 39 min Dottie 2
Darrell fraim (hoover) 43 min p 6
Nathan Yates 1 hr Babe 4
jimmy combs 2 hr llama26665 8
kayla pearson 2 hr carrico 1

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance