Singles Get Together
Greet

United States

#81 Mar 6, 2013
Think most of us, that get on topixs probably started by someone telling about this awful hate site and I'm sure we all have known somebody that's been on here. But I would guess that most of us are single!! I'm on here all the time!! Mainly jus reading bc I just don't know what to do with myself after my divorce. Mom of 2 in my mid 30's. I do go out with friends when I can but more just to get out if anything. Never Seen anybody at a bar that I was interested in. So with that being said, yes I would like a meet and greet for singles in Owensboro!! Think it should be much bigger then just topix users. Maybe get a restaurant involved that would like to host it!! But somebody would still need to step up and be in charge and coordinate it.

Level 2

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#82 Mar 6, 2013
I bleed chevy. lol just watch for the Big black 2500 chevy to roll around owensboro. it all black out

Level 2

Location hidden

#83 Mar 6, 2013
Greet wrote:
Think most of us, that get on topixs probably started by someone telling about this awful hate site and I'm sure we all have known somebody that's been on here. But I would guess that most of us are single!! I'm on here all the time!! Mainly jus reading bc I just don't know what to do with myself after my divorce. Mom of 2 in my mid 30's. I do go out with friends when I can but more just to get out if anything. Never Seen anybody at a bar that I was interested in. So with that being said, yes I would like a meet and greet for singles in Owensboro!! Think it should be much bigger then just topix users. Maybe get a restaurant involved that would like to host it!! But somebody would still need to step up and be in charge and coordinate it.

lol well hi welcome to the club.

Since: Mar 13

United States

#84 Mar 6, 2013
Greet wrote:
That would be nice but we're having trouble getting people involved. You sound like me. The only time I'm out of the house is transporting my daughter to school,sports,etc. went out this weekend with my friend and her friends and no one caught my eye either but there weren't many out where we went. We could all meet at a restaurant to start off and then those who want to go out afterwards can. I don't drink often and after goin out Friday I didn't feel normal til Monday but I had fun. Do you have single friends to bring? Just to clarify I'm not asking for myself. Lol. Everyone's complaining there's not enough females responding or that would show up.

Level 2

Location hidden

#85 Mar 6, 2013
Behind Blue Eyes2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be nice but we're having trouble getting people involved. You sound like me. The only time I'm out of the house is transporting my daughter to school,sports,etc. went out this weekend with my friend and her friends and no one caught my eye either but there weren't many out where we went. We could all meet at a restaurant to start off and then those who want to go out afterwards can. I don't drink often and after goin out Friday I didn't feel normal til Monday but I had fun. Do you have single friends to bring? Just to clarify I'm not asking for myself. Lol. Everyone's complaining there's not enough females responding or that would show up.
it just take time for people to get out of there safe zone

Level 3

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#86 Mar 6, 2013
There are several resturants with a friendly atmosphere where many of us could meet.

Level 3

Location hidden

#87 Mar 6, 2013
B Dubs, Maloneys, Chedders, Beef 'Bradys, Apple Bees.

Level 2

Location hidden

#88 Mar 6, 2013
Well, off to bed for this puppy. i hope everyone have a safe nite and be nice
Greet

United States

#89 Mar 6, 2013
Yes I have single girl n guy friends! This could be a great thing!! Ok who's stepping up
And taking charge?

Since: Mar 13

United States

#90 Mar 6, 2013
Greet wrote:
Yes I have single girl n guy friends! This could be a great thing!! Ok who's stepping up
And taking charge?
Is this something we are trying to do this weekend or perhaps the next so we can hopefully find more people to come. Let's decide that first. Then we have to pick a location. Since it will be a weekend night all the popular restaurants will be packed so we will need to go to one that's not as busy. I don't know where that would be. Do you guys like Mexican food? They don't seem to be as busy as they use to but I've only been to different ones here and there the last couple years. Went to the one down on the river not that long ago and it was dead but I enjoyed it because the had the good chicken and not the cheap shredded kind. Anyways,I got way off base. Anyone with any ideas just throw them out there and we will see what we come up with. I'm off to bed myself. It's been nice chatting with all of you. Looking forward to future friendships. Goodnite:)

Level 3

Location hidden

#91 Mar 7, 2013
Behind Blue Eyes2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this something we are trying to do this weekend or perhaps the next so we can hopefully find more people to come. Let's decide that first. Then we have to pick a location. Since it will be a weekend night all the popular restaurants will be packed so we will need to go to one that's not as busy. I don't know where that would be. Do you guys like Mexican food? They don't seem to be as busy as they use to but I've only been to different ones here and there the last couple years. Went to the one down on the river not that long ago and it was dead but I enjoyed it because the had the good chicken and not the cheap shredded kind. Anyways,I got way off base. Anyone with any ideas just throw them out there and we will see what we come up with. I'm off to bed myself. It's been nice chatting with all of you. Looking forward to future friendships. Goodnite:)
I am good to do any weekend, they are all the same to me; Netflix, homework, and housework lol :)

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92 Mar 7, 2013
sounds like we have some people that would like to meet but now its just a matter of getting everyone together and getting everyone comfortable with meeting :)
Queens Kingdom Person

Owensboro, KY

#93 Mar 7, 2013
You all need to be more careful about revealing info on Topix than we were. Someone will get jealous of you all being friends and will harass you continuously, like they did us. It doesn't matter if you try to include everyone; some people are just pathetic a$$es.

Level 3

Location hidden

#94 Mar 7, 2013
Queens Kingdom Person wrote:
You all need to be more careful about revealing info on Topix than we were. Someone will get jealous of you all being friends and will harass you continuously, like they did us. It doesn't matter if you try to include everyone; some people are just pathetic a$$es.
Thank you for the good advice

Level 3

Location hidden

#95 Mar 9, 2013
Hello BehindBlueEyes2 and BlueGalaxy any new developments on getting a group together?

Level 3

Richmond, KY

#96 Mar 10, 2013
95 posts later and no solid decision. WTF How bout this for an executive Command:

Place: B Dubbs in the 'boro
Date: First Thursday of every month
Time: 7p - 10p

Dress Code:

Men - White hat, navy blue polo, optional long sleeve white tshirt underneath

Ladies, White ribbon/hat etc, navy blue top, optional white article of clothing to contrast

Mode of Operation, Just show up, get a table near the bar. get a drink and just chill, look around, smile. if someone smiles back or make small chit chat, thats cool. or just chill and go a few times to get familiar with faces. no pressure, no official agenda. maybe make an acquaintance, 90% of life is just showing up. see y'all there.
Sorry

Owensboro, KY

#97 Mar 10, 2013
music_eagle_4 wrote:
95 posts later and no solid decision. WTF How bout this for an executive Command:
Place: B Dubbs in the 'boro
Date: First Thursday of every month
Time: 7p - 10p
Dress Code:
Men - White hat, navy blue polo, optional long sleeve white tshirt underneath
Ladies, White ribbon/hat etc, navy blue top, optional white article of clothing to contrast
Mode of Operation, Just show up, get a table near the bar. get a drink and just chill, look around, smile. if someone smiles back or make small chit chat, thats cool. or just chill and go a few times to get familiar with faces. no pressure, no official agenda. maybe make an acquaintance, 90% of life is just showing up. see y'all there.
Lol little strict on the dress code aren't we? Do we have to smile first or can we just start talking? Do we have to drink?

Level 3

Richmond, KY

#98 Mar 10, 2013
Hell, I don't care, I figure the point is to be obvious with out being obvious.

What is the most popular gathering spot for people in owensboro, like b dubs or roco bar etc.

then whats its deadest time of the week?
so when everybody suddenly shows up then, its obvious.

then pick a fashionable attire that can be used as code, but not as obvious as a yellow shirt that says "S I N G L E !"

any body got any better ideas? if not, I stand by my previous invite, possibly sans dress code if thats too much.

just quit squabbling and pick a damn place and time already,!!!
weehow

United States

#99 Mar 10, 2013
Dumb wrote:
I see 30 horny dudes sitting at a bar wondering where all the ladies are.
Yum
weehow

United States

#100 Mar 10, 2013
I really want to meet one good man I can love, serve and please.
If interested write
[email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who died in green tree 2 min so sad 13
adam carter 6 min Nope 27
Owensboro catholic 10 min family 51
People that Sell and Work for OPD 16 min corey 3
Local Swimming Holes?? (May '16) 50 min hotwife 8
Judges and the jail. 1 hr Mrs ReeDonna Landon 2
Dottie 1 hr do not know either 12

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance