Key to Lauren's Heart
Please Help

Owensboro, KY

#1 Mar 28, 2013
I have a dear friend who is in need of a heart transplant. She is 22 years young with a lot of life in front of her. With out your help she will never have that choice. Lauren was born with a heart condition called Dialated Cardiomyopathy.
(Dilated cardiomyopathy or DCM is a condition in which the heart becomes weakened and enlarged and cannot pump blood efficiently. The decreased heart function can affect the lungs, liver, and other body systems.
DCM is one of the cardiomyopathies, a group of diseases that primarily affect the myocardium (the muscle of the heart). Different cardiomyopathies have different causes and affect the heart in different ways. In DCM a portion of the myocardium is dilated, often without any obvious cause. Left or right ventricular systolic pump function of the heart is impaired, leading to progressive cardiac enlargement and hypertrophy, a process called remodeling.[1]
Dilated cardiomyopathy is the most common form of non-ischemic cardiomyopathy. It occurs more frequently in men than in women, and is most common between the ages of 20 and 60 years.[2] About one in three cases of congestive heart failure (CHF) is due to dilated cardiomyopathy.[1] Dilated cardiomyopathy also occurs in children.)
If you have it in your heart please stop by this address
http://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/5q42/th...
and donate whatever you can. You can donate anonymously or with your name any little helps! Please and God Bless. Lets save a life.
Pay it forward-
Happy to Help

Owensboro, KY

#2 Mar 28, 2013
Is there a local place to donate cash?
Please Help

Owensboro, KY

#3 Mar 28, 2013
I am trying to set up something now!
Please Help

Owensboro, KY

#4 Mar 28, 2013
Please help get the word out. I know you people have a heart!
Question

Evansville, IN

#5 Mar 30, 2013
I would be happy to help. Does she not have good insurance that will cover the cost of her care and medications? Is Louisville requiring her to have substantial money up front?
Please Help

Owensboro, KY

#6 Mar 30, 2013
She does not have insurance. The amount of money she needs is $40,000. And that's not even to include post-op costs and medication!
Question

Evansville, IN

#7 Mar 30, 2013
She can’t qualify for Medicaid?
Please Help

Owensboro, KY

#8 Mar 31, 2013
I'm sorry I stand corrected. She does have insurance the amount being asked for is for pre/post ops costs. I'm sorry I don't know all the details I am just trying to help my friend save his little sister.
Question

Montréal, Canada

#9 Apr 24, 2013
She maybe should seek second opinion at another center...like UK? May require less up front money.7451

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Samantha Green has warrants!! 5 min OPD 1
Greg Belcher (Breeze) 10 min Narlnme16 7
Recent burglaries 17 min watching you 2
Who doesn't like their kitty licked? 18 min SamSmith271987-gmail 13
Jessica Tatum 27 min SamSmith271987-gmail 4
The Missing Teens (Oct '15) 29 min SamSmith271987-gmail 18
Boss 31 min heard 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages