First Prev
of 4
Next Last
me

Hopkinsville, KY

#1 Nov 1, 2012
Marines or Army witch one should I join ?
devil dog

Owensboro, KY

#2 Nov 1, 2012
Marine corp.. You're a pu**y if you don't!
usa

United States

#3 Nov 1, 2012
I was in the marines so I say go for that but each branch serves this country so go for what you want.
Semper Fi

United States

#4 Nov 2, 2012
If you join anything but the Marine Corps you will always wonder if you could have done it. Marines dont have to think about that. We already know!!!! SEMPER FI! Blood makes the grass grow, we make the blood flow!

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#5 Nov 2, 2012
It all depends on what you want. The Marine Corps has a higher state of discipline, higher morale, pride and tight knit group. The Army is easier for the most part unless you decide to go into a specialty unit such as rangers, special operations ect. Good luck in whatever you choose though.
tree rat

Bellevue, WA

#6 Nov 2, 2012
Aim high. Air Force. Harder to get into, but if gonna go, go big.
Semper Fi

United States

#7 Nov 2, 2012
tree rat wrote:
Aim high. Air Force. Harder to get into, but if gonna go, go big.
I bet your happy that they let queers in now huh?
tree rat

Bellevue, WA

#8 Nov 2, 2012
Im not in the Air Force, or any branch. Bad eyes, couldnt get in. Father was in for 20 years. Cant get queers to join the air force. They claim semper fi really means "pound my brown eye". So they all join the Marines.

Centertown, KY

#9 Nov 2, 2012
tree rat wrote:
Im not in the Air Force, or any branch. Bad eyes, couldnt get in. Father was in for 20 years. Cant get queers to join the air force. They claim semper fi really means "pound my brown eye". So they all join the Marines.
Thank your dad for his service and any one that has served. Mr semper fi guy is a stupid ass, you can have a desk job in any branch. My favorite thing while in the ARMY was getting the guys in that had been in the marines and thought it would be a cake walk and found out they couldn't keep up. So who ever is willing to join I thank you which ever way you go. Your service time will only be what you make of it.
Semper Fi

United States

#10 Nov 2, 2012
Are you kidding me. If you had any idea how many of your army fucks we had to go in and save in iraq you wouldnt be so proud. We were supposed to go home 3 different times in 2003 and couldnt because some army f@cks would get tied down in a bumf@ck non hostile territory. How the hell does that even happen

Centertown, KY

#11 Nov 2, 2012
Semper Fi wrote:
Are you kidding me. If you had any idea how many of your army fucks we had to go in and save in iraq you wouldnt be so proud. We were supposed to go home 3 different times in 2003 and couldnt because some army f@cks would get tied down in a bumf@ck non hostile territory. How the hell does that even happen
WOW! Your your own biggest fan aren't you. Like I said, it is what it is. D Bags can fuck anything up so don't be so bold as think you came to save the day. The marines spend to much money on advertising and guys like you buy into it. You have to remember who your fighting for and why. It's a matter of being willing to stand up for the ones that can't or won't. Even the people that don't like the military. You put on the hat and never turn down the chance to help some one in need, gun play or not. And sure hope you don't think that the marines never needed help.
Semper Fi

United States

#12 Nov 2, 2012
Self contained and self sufficient. Too much money on advertising? Check out the budget of each branch and the size. Then tell me who spends the most. And yes i did enough and i am my biggest fan! So if thats the best you got, stay on an air force base
tree rat

Bellevue, WA

#13 Nov 2, 2012
I only suggested the air force on the chance is mind was his greatest asset. Nearly anyone can be a meat head, pull triggers and stop bullets. But flying a F-22 is all together diffrent. Besides, if you are pinned down, who are you on the radio with callin for help? Air support? Not to take away from the Marines, them along with the army rangers are some bad ass ground troops. Been air force members in delta force right with marines, army and navy. Just think the air force is better suited for those with a really sharp mind.
Semper Fi

United States

#14 Nov 2, 2012
The Marine Corps also has pilots. As I said "self contained". The Cobra, which is the fastest attack chopper is Marine Corps owned. The CH 53 is the most powerful chopper and Marine Corps owned. Then there is the Hornet, A jet they can take off and land vertically. The airwing of the Marine Corps is just as large as the ground side
usmc

United States

#15 Nov 2, 2012
Semper Fi wrote:
The Marine Corps also has pilots. As I said "self contained". The Cobra, which is the fastest attack chopper is Marine Corps owned. The CH 53 is the most powerful chopper and Marine Corps owned. Then there is the Hornet, A jet they can take off and land vertically. The airwing of the Marine Corps is just as large as the ground side
The f/a 18 hornet can not take off vertical. That is the harrier. I would thought someone in the marines would know that.

Owensboro, KY

#16 Nov 2, 2012
tree rat wrote:
I only suggested the air force on the chance is mind was his greatest asset. Nearly anyone can be a meat head, pull triggers and stop bullets. But flying a F-22 is all together diffrent. Besides, if you are pinned down, who are you on the radio with callin for help? Air support? Not to take away from the Marines, them along with the army rangers are some bad ass ground troops. Been air force members in delta force right with marines, army and navy. Just think the air force is better suited for those with a really sharp mind.
like I said he's a stupid ass. That air support is for every one but Rambo here. I don't think he's any better than the guy dropping bombs from 20,000 feet and hitting exactly what they want with them. Or the guy sitting ten miles off shore and putting 5000 lb rounds on an exact target. Some people are just ate up with it.
Hooah

Burbank, IL

#17 Nov 2, 2012
I served eight years on active duty army status... I was a paratrooper and I was a gunslinger. This is what I will tell you from my experience. No matter which branch of service you decide to go into you need to think about life after the service. There is not a lot of civilian job demand for gunslingers. Air Force and Navy will offer you the absolute best training that is closely compared to that of civilian sector. It is more difficult to get into for a reason... There is a much higher caliber of personnel in both of those groups. Army is good if you want to travel the world and be gone all the time. You will make promotions pretty quickly and a lot of uneducated civilian minds think that the Army makes up the majority of the backbone of the military. The Marines will always have the respect when one gunfighter is talking to another gunfighter. They trying hard and they train very thorough. Each one of these branches offers vital necessity in the protection of our country. You just have to make sure that no matter whether you are support or a gunslinger that you keep a watchful eye on big picture. Too many gunslingers don't give credit where credit is due. Those service vehicles, food, parts to keep everything going and other fully mission essential key elements would not be readily available if it were not for your support teams. As I stated, figure out what you want to do when your time in the military is finished, and utilize the military training as well as all of the college money that is available to you at your advantage. AIRBORNE!!!!! SSG Mattingly
Semper Fi

United States

#18 Nov 2, 2012
usmc wrote:
<quoted text>
The f/a 18 hornet can not take off vertical. That is the harrier. I would thought someone in the marines would know that.
I was 0331. Not much experience with the wing. They were in 2-9 but i was never around them
Semper Fi

United States

#19 Nov 2, 2012
Bigwow69 wrote:
<quoted text> like I said he's a stupid ass. That air support is for every one but Rambo here. I don't think he's any better than the guy dropping bombs from 20,000 feet and hitting exactly what they want with them. Or the guy sitting ten miles off shore and putting 5000 lb rounds on an exact target. Some people are just ate up with it.
Think u can whoop a Marine? I will give u try
Semper Fi

United States

#20 Nov 2, 2012
Everyone honorably discharged can utilize the helmets 2 hardhats program. It is a guarantee into an apprenticeship in the trade of your choice. Boilermakers, ironworkers, electricians, etc. That is what i did and i have a great career as a boilermaker. Good pay good benefits and any honorable veteran is guaranteed a spot. No matter your job in the military u qualify for the program

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can I share some pictures of my cheating GF? 6 min fu ck her 2
Jill O'bryan and Brandon White 6 min shadetree 1
Glenmore 18 min obryanjr86 8
mollie 21 min circa forever ago 9
Sadie Bartram the tramp of owensboro 21 min Justin 15
Kirsten Henry/Bolin 23 min yep 1
what happened to scoop? 24 min shd 7

Flood Warning for Daviess County was issued at April 19 at 12:39PM EDT

More from around the web

Owensboro People Search