Does Smothers Park seem fake to you?

Does Smothers Park seem fake to you?

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

Real is better

Centertown, KY

#1 Jun 21, 2013
How long is that fake concrete walkway material going to last? It's good that it's soft, but how can it possibly last very long? And how can this be considered a real park without real grass or real trees?
worker

Owensboro, KY

#2 Jun 21, 2013
The springy mulch is actually very durable! It was put down on the playground in the nanny Locke housing authority 9 years ago and is still in great shape. The concrete will crack and break before the spring floor does. And yes, I agree, the fake grass is just tacky. They must've run out of money.
AfroTurf

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 21, 2013
It's cheaper to maintain fake grass. Thousands of snotty nose kids and obese parents trampling across it would have it dead in a week if it were real.
Jenny Bean

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 21, 2013
I think it's a great place for eating out
ridiculous people

White Plains, KY

#5 Jun 21, 2013
How about "wow I'm so glad Owensboro has smothers park now. What a great place to take my kids!!!"
Micheal

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 21, 2013
"Eating out"? Wtf??
caution

Centertown, KY

#8 Jun 21, 2013
Don't eat out with all those kids watching.
Jon

Chicago, IL

#9 Jun 21, 2013
For realz yo!
hmmm

Princeton, KY

#10 Jun 21, 2013
ridiculous people wrote:
How about "wow I'm so glad Owensboro has smothers park now. What a great place to take my kids!!!"
No. All of this improvement raises taxes.
Jon

Chicago, IL

#11 Jun 21, 2013
So did Reagan
huh

Chicago, IL

#12 Jun 21, 2013
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>No. All of this improvement raises taxes.

I agre
i agree

Tampa, FL

#13 Jun 23, 2013
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>No. All of this improvement raises taxes.
So... Lets all live in a crappy town with nothing for our kids to do but drugs? Thanks, but I'll pay more taxes for improvements that will benefit my family
ijvjk

Scottsburg, IN

#14 Jun 23, 2013
Its nice. Park is huge. Makes me a nervous wreck. I follow my kid around the whole time
lol

Princeton, KY

#15 Jun 23, 2013
i agree wrote:
<quoted text>So... Lets all live in a crappy town with nothing for our kids to do but drugs? Thanks, but I'll pay more taxes for improvements that will benefit my family
A park isn't gonna kept kids from doing drugs.
Fan

United States

#16 Jun 24, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
A park isn't gonna kept kids from doing drugs.
The park itself may not stop kids from doing drugs. However, a community that offers a nice, family oriented place for parents to go spend quality time with them will deter them from vices. You people love to complain! If they didn't spend the tax money you'd complain about how boring Owensboro is. It's already here, might as well utilize it. Hell, hopefully we won't have so many obese people if we get of topix and go play with our kids. My kids love that place and I'm glad people can't smoke right next to my kids like they do at every other park.
i agree

United States

#17 Jun 24, 2013
Fan wrote:
<quoted text>The park itself may not stop kids from doing drugs. However, a community that offers a nice, family oriented place for parents to go spend quality time with them will deter them from vices. You people love to complain! If they didn't spend the tax money you'd complain about how boring Owensboro is. It's already here, might as well utilize it. Hell, hopefully we won't have so many obese people if we get of topix and go play with our kids. My kids love that place and I'm glad people can't smoke right next to my kids like they do at every other park.
I absolutely agree
ur haters main subject

Richmond, KY

#19 Jun 24, 2013
Stupid as fu#k. Be happy we got concrete trees n police to harass u when ur there. Thanx Obama.

Level 4

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#20 Jun 24, 2013
ur haters main subject wrote:
Stupid as fu#k. Be happy we got concrete trees n police to harass u when ur there. Thanx Obama.
The concrete trees harass you? Man, I wonder what kind of drugs you are on?
resident

Newburgh, IN

#21 Jun 24, 2013
There's no shade anywhere in Smothers park. Its ok if the suns not out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pizz-A-Roma 7 min Mr Nobody 3
God is for cowards and simpletons (Oct '15) 37 min Atheist 32
Kendal Powers An Brandi Chambers 58 min wonder woman 1
Des and Ricky 1 hr Bevo 5
Hamilton you ever tell that wife of yours yet? 1 hr Jenny dark secret 8
Father Baker another wolf in sheeps clothing 1 hr Bob 15
Amanda Caldwell 1 hr Law Dog 2020 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages