Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | TPMDC

Oct 18, 2010 | Posted by: TopMod15 | Full story: tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com

The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 In 2:44 Evan McMorris-Santoro and Clayton Ashley October 18, 2010, 11:14AM Last night's Kentucky Senate debate was one of the most brutal of the year, hands down.

Comments (Page 679)

Showing posts 13,561 - 13,580 of16,113
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Are You Kidding

Robbins, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Please crawl back in your center purse.
?????????? LMAO!!!!
wondering

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Under Bush for EIGHT years the highest monthly average prior to the late 2008 financial crisis was 6.3 percent. His overall monthly average was 5.3 percent. The tax relief President Bush signed into law pulled America out of the recession he inherited in 2001 and spurred six years of uninterrupted economic growth and a record 52 straight months of job creation.
Obama’s higher taxes, job-killing government intervention and massive deficit spending have sent us down a destructive fiscal path. His policies have failed based on his own yardstick. President Obama has not held unemployment under 8 percent as his administration promised would happen if the massive $787 billion government spending package was adopted by Congress.
Obama created 141,000 total jobs in July, which was far less than needed to help the growth of the country. August figures ended at just 96,000 jobs. Thus, declining the unemployment rate from 8.3% to 8.1%, but there are many others who have left the hope that they will attain a job, so they are not considered under the category of unemployed.
Although the unemployment rates have declined from 10% in October 2009, none of the Presidents except Franklin D. Roosevelt have had unemployment rates above the 7.8% mark.
Go figure!!!!
A quote straight from one of W's lackeys. Still keeping it unbiased and unslanted I see. Now, I would love to see some examples of these "job killing government interventions". And how this massive spending didnt include a senseless war and medicare part d ect. Your cluelessness knows no bounds.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>If you compared the President to Romney he looks like Einstein.
Looking this one over and over,I tend to wonder,which one?.If one compared the President to Romney--he looks like Einstein.Now which one is like Einstein?Neither one looks like the pictures available in the books.Bushy hair? But while Obama is certainly smart,his smartness is in his oratory speech.Romney is also one of the smart ones but he has worked in business and knows politics as well.Neither one has much shown in science,as Einstein did.
I will just put it down to--- Obama stinks.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

We now have the straight skinny on some of the Fast and Furious doings and several heads have rolled.Wonder if they will ever find out the final info being sought.

Also Sheriff`s Posse has found more problems with the Hawaii birth certificate.Doubt this will be uncovered before the election.

Mentioned earlier that Japan and Germany are planning to close all nuclear power plant as being too dangerous.Japan has moved 100,000 people from their homes,farms,companies,and do not expect to be able to return for 100 years due to radiation.

Obama`s kill coal EPA has no intention of allowing a return to even clean coal,but it also seems not to make good sense to go with nuclear.Somehow,this nation`s politicians can not learn.
Are You Kidding

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
A quote straight from one of W's lackeys. Still keeping it unbiased and unslanted I see. Now, I would love to see some examples of these "job killing government interventions". And how this massive spending didnt include a senseless war and medicare part d ect. Your cluelessness knows no bounds.
The facts are correct honey!!! You just can't accept them!!!!
wondering

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are so correct, why didnt you include all the examples sweety? Instead of the same wingnut response
wondering

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a unicorn that pees rainbows, poops glitter, and lays golden eggs. Its a fact! That's how that works right?
wtf

Wallins Creek, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Under Bush for EIGHT years the highest monthly average prior to the late 2008 financial crisis was 6.3 percent. His overall monthly average was 5.3 percent. The tax relief President Bush signed into law pulled America out of the recession he inherited in 2001 and spurred six years of uninterrupted economic growth and a record 52 straight months of job creation.
Obama’s higher taxes, job-killing government intervention and massive deficit spending have sent us down a destructive fiscal path. His policies have failed based on his own yardstick. President Obama has not held unemployment under 8 percent as his administration promised would happen if the massive $787 billion government spending package was adopted by Congress.
Obama created 141,000 total jobs in July, which was far less than needed to help the growth of the country. August figures ended at just 96,000 jobs. Thus, declining the unemployment rate from 8.3% to 8.1%, but there are many others who have left the hope that they will attain a job, so they are not considered under the category of unemployed.
Although the unemployment rates have declined from 10% in October 2009, none of the Presidents except Franklin D. Roosevelt have had unemployment rates above the 7.8% mark.
Go figure!!!!
The President has never raised Taxes you gd Liar.
wtf

Wallins Creek, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a gd Liar.

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my, Big_Heathen, that was nasty. The White Hair Furball man said you had the hot's for Nancy Pelosi and her spring loaded arse. Did you know that Janet Reno is really Bob Dole in drag?
Excuse me, but you are obviously mistaking me for someone who gives a shit. I don't need to listen to your somnambulistic imaginings, either. You are obviously talking about your own female (?) preferences.....

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

7 times virgen wrote:
Well, apparently, Big Stevie had a date with Megan marie Barnes. Big Stevie likes his women shaved. So, the woman was shaving her genitals as she was driving for a heavy date with this moron individual. Sudenly, she has an accident and when the police came to write a ticket they were flabergasted and did not know what to do, this nice policemen from this county in Florida, help this woman to finish the shaving of her stinking genitals,taking turns because the odor was unbearable. So, at the end Big Stevie and megan marie Barnes enjoyed their randez vous in Key West about 8.pm."mosquitos time".
This is a historic moment for Big Stevie. Megan marie Barnes was a virgen she claimed and Big Stevie believed her. First time he deflower a virgen in his 84 years of existance.
As far as I know she has been a virgen 6 times at $500.oo a pop.
And YOU should know! Oh, by the way, you have "Spell Check." Use it!
Are You Kidding

Mazon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>The President has never raised Taxes you gd Liar.
I am getting really tired of you calling me a liar. You need to be sure to check your facts before doing so. I would NEVER intentionally lie on here or anywhere else. If I am proven wrong, I will admit it.

From PolitiFact Check - 2/11

The idea that Obama did not raise taxes is just plain wrong. He signed legislation raising taxes on cigarettes and other tobacco products soon after taking office; that money goes to pay for children's health insurance programs. The law went into effect in 2009. He also signed the health care law, which includes taxes on indoor tanning that went into effect last year.(Regular PolitiFact readers will remember our fact-check of reality TV star Snooki and her complaint about the new tax last year.)

The new health care law also includes a tax on people who decide not to have health insurance, as an incentive for them to get coverage. The tax phases in gradually, starting in 2014. By 2016, the tax would be $695 per uninsured person up to a maximum of three times that amount, or $2,085. The law includes exemptions for people who can't find affordable insurance, and a few other special circumstances.

More significantly, the health care law includes new taxes on the wealthy, starting in 2013. Individuals who make more than $200,000 and couples that make more than $250,000 will see additional Medicare taxes of 0.9 percent. They will also, for the first time, have to pay Medicare taxes on their investment income at a 3.8 percent rate.(Current law is that all workers and employers split a 2.9 percent Medicare tax; the self-employed pay all of it.)

The small percentages may not sound like a lot, but those taxes are expected to generate $210 billion over 10 years, or just over half of all the new revenues the health care law authorizes. Other provisions include new fees on health insurance companies and prescription drug manufacturers, and a new tax on high-cost "Cadillac" health insurance plans.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
wtf

Wallins Creek, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
I am getting really tired of you calling me a liar. You need to be sure to check your facts before doing so. I would NEVER intentionally lie on here or anywhere else. If I am proven wrong, I will admit it.
The idea that Obama did not raise taxes is just plain wrong. He signed legislation raising taxes on cigarettes and other tobacco products soon after taking office; that money goes to pay for children's health insurance programs. The law went into effect in 2009. He also signed the health care law, which includes taxes on indoor tanning that went into effect last year.(Regular PolitiFact readers will remember our fact-check of reality TV star Snooki and her complaint about the new tax last year.)
The new health care law also includes a tax on people who decide not to have health insurance, as an incentive for them to get coverage. The tax phases in gradually, starting in 2014. By 2016, the tax would be $695 per uninsured person up to a maximum of three times that amount, or $2,085. The law includes exemptions for people who can't find affordable insurance, and a few other special circumstances.
More significantly, the health care law includes new taxes on the wealthy, starting in 2013. Individuals who make more than $200,000 and couples that make more than $250,000 will see additional Medicare taxes of 0.9 percent. They will also, for the first time, have to pay Medicare taxes on their investment income at a 3.8 percent rate.(Current law is that all workers and employers split a 2.9 percent Medicare tax; the self-employed pay all of it.)
The small percentages may not sound like a lot, but those taxes are expected to generate $210 billion over 10 years, or just over half of all the new revenues the health care law authorizes. Other provisions include new fees on health insurance companies and prescription drug manufacturers, and a new tax on high-cost "Cadillac" health insurance plans.
Quit being a gd Liar and I will stop calling you one.

The President has never raised Taxes.
Are You Kidding

Mazon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Quit being a gd Liar and I will stop calling you one.
The President has never raised Taxes.
Again, look it up yourself. I have provided the facts and website to make it easy for you. You wouldn't know a fact if it slapped you in the face.

You are very shallow to call someone a liar when you have NO idea what you are talking about.
wtf

Wallins Creek, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, look it up yourself. I have provided the facts and website to make it easy for you. You wouldn't know a fact if it slapped you in the face.
You are very shallow to call someone a liar when you have NO idea what you are talking about.
More right wingnut propaganda non sense from a foolish Liar.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate but a fact,you can not change WTF into a decent person.He calls every one such names and he refuses to admit what is so,if it is not in his ideology.Some of us have gotten immune to him,even when he attacks directly.As with many of that ideology,he refuses the simple truth of what is so,what is done making it so.
This is just another reason why I have been advocating honest,decent persons for our public offices.So many just refuse to look at their ideology,because it is all they can handle.
wtf

Wallins Creek, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate but a fact,you can not change WTF into a decent person.He calls every one such names and he refuses to admit what is so,if it is not in his ideology.Some of us have gotten immune to him,even when he attacks directly.As with many of that ideology,he refuses the simple truth of what is so,what is done making it so.
This is just another reason why I have been advocating honest,decent persons for our public offices.So many just refuse to look at their ideology,because it is all they can handle.
Then why would you vote for a sorry Liar pos Republican. They are all the same.
Are You Kidding

Mazon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your comments. I know I can't change wtf. I hope I become immune to him soon! LOL His hideous statements and name calling sometimes anger me, but mostly I just pity him. With his attitude, he must be a very lonely person.
wondering

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
the rest of that article (that you left out of your copy/paste), goes on to tell about how taxes have lowered for American workers. A vast majority of the country.
yes, he has raised some taxes. But he lowered some too. Personally, I think taxes on known health risks are a good idea.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
the rest of that article (that you left out of your copy/paste), goes on to tell about how taxes have lowered for American workers. A vast majority of the country.
yes, he has raised some taxes. But he lowered some too. Personally, I think taxes on known health risks are a good idea.
Many of us would certainly agree that increased taxes on bad health situations and products would not only help the Country but the habits of people that buy.

It is also true he lowered some taxes and raised some.But what scares me is the change we all will face with the Health Care so called Reform.It has so much in it to change the way we get medical care and the way we pay the price for it.It is reported to be more expensive than what we have,so the Country can not afford it.It has already taken away our Advantage Health Care Plan policy,and the policy now is not as overall good.It tried to force the Country to buy a product the politicians would give to AARP to be the only Insurance Company,and you buy or get fined(taxed).There is so much in it,such as the death panels(so called) because some one in Washington could decide if you got the treatment ,or not!It is happening to older people right now,just getting started.

All that Obama has done has not been bad,but in my opinion most 90% has been and the remainder of his time has been wasted with golf and vacations,along with not protecting this Country while all the ones he has put in office have been total failures on the job.By this,consider,Iraq is not safe nor friendly.Afghanistan is the same.Pakistan is worse and unfriendly,along with every Muslim Country now attacking our embassies.Consider the Fast and Furious episode coming back to bite his people.Consider the illegals left in this Country to run about freely and we don`t know what they intend for us as a nation,consider his take over of GM(putting in his own CEO there ,also)Chrysler,the banking Industry,the stimulus that disappeared,the green companies that failed and declared bankruptcy immediately with no contract by this administration for pay back or take over of the property,and this is just the things out fron we all know about.Many more!

So taxes will never be changed til some people in Congress changes.This Country is spending itself into it`s own bankruptcy and none do anything about it!

Vote for this change we need,not the one Obama promised and lied to this entire Nation.Vote Romney and Ryan.Then hope for the better to come along,it can not continue as it is under Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,561 - 13,580 of16,113
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

101 Users are viewing the Owensboro Forum right now

Search the Owensboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min DITCH MITCH 145,966
i miss her so much 6 min here we go again 28
Easy 19 min across the river 3
any CD's 44 min across the river 1
i want out 47 min Here 2
heather embry 49 min leavejessealone STFU 42
Tara Omer Dants 3rd Abortion!! 1 hr Hmmmm 5
•••
•••
•••
Owensboro Dating

more search filters

less search filters