Obgyn that does NOT drug test?

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Prettypreggers

United States

#1 Feb 15, 2014
Are there any? I suffer from seizures and have done my research. Marijuana has always helped me and yes I know it's illegal. I don't want to be persecuted or treated like a drug addict for medicating myself. But I also know that social services can get involved if you test positive for thc
Hmm

Owensboro, KY

#2 Feb 15, 2014
I'm not sure if there are any that don't but honestly I think it should be required that they all do. It sucks for people in your situation though. You may try going without it and see how you do. Some medical conditions are worsened with prefnancy while others actually improve. Good luck.
facts

Owensboro, KY

#3 Feb 15, 2014
It's a law, they all are required to test you. And when you are in the hospital, giving birth, they'll test you there. Sorry, but it needs to be that way.
tatty

Owensboro, KY

#4 Feb 15, 2014
Screw you. Think of your baby and not yourself for once. I think a dr could help you enough where you wouldn't have to take illegal dangerous drugs. Trash
Prettypreggers

United States

#5 Feb 15, 2014
I agree, drug test should be given. I don't now or ever take barbiturates or opioids. I simply self medicate since I live in the wrong part of the country. I'm sorry. Pot is no more a drug than caffeine.
ireaddifferent

Princeton, KY

#6 Feb 15, 2014
Prettypreggers wrote:
I agree, drug test should be given. I don't now or ever take barbiturates or opioids. I simply self medicate since I live in the wrong part of the country. I'm sorry. Pot is no more a drug than caffeine.
Caffeine is not illegal though. They have a lot of approved medications for seizures.
lol

Cadiz, KY

#8 Feb 16, 2014
Prettypreggers wrote:
Smoking while pregnant would be illegal and wrong in Colorado too.
sami

Princeton, KY

#12 Feb 16, 2014
My bf smoked weed for his seizures too however he stopped to drug test for a job and has continued to not use weed for the last few years do to the fact that his work will drug test if he has an accident. His doctor was able to find a medicine to control his seizures and he has not had one in 4 years. There are medicines that will work. The reasons ob doctors drug test is for the baby. They want you to be healthy and drug free so that your baby can develop normally. Becoming a mom means putting ur baby first so here is your first test. Give up the weed for him/her and find a medication that will work. It may be difficult but being a mother is not easy. Honestly and I am sorry if this pisses people off but if you are willing to risk your babys health before its even born you need to just abort.
oh yeah

Owensboro, KY

#13 Feb 16, 2014
Move to Colorado or Washington.
Pothead

United States

#14 Feb 16, 2014
I smoke pot everyday, but it's plain stupid to do it while pregnant.
Dr Pill

Owensboro, KY

#15 Feb 16, 2014
That story is a fake. She is doing other things and can't quit (or don't want to). Anyone that is "concerned" would put their baby 1st and themselves 2nd.
gross

Owensboro, KY

#16 Feb 16, 2014
This makes me sick!!! You should go straight to jail as soon as you have the baby. You don't care about yourself or your unborn child. I hope you die.
Well

Owensboro, KY

#17 Feb 16, 2014
Ask Casey Thurman
sami

Princeton, KY

#18 Feb 16, 2014
gross wrote:
This makes me sick!!! You should go straight to jail as soon as you have the baby. You don't care about yourself or your unborn child. I hope you die.
Your a judemental prick. I dont even know this girl but whether u like it or not medicinal marajuana can be beneficial for some people. The best way to keep her baby healthy is to keep herself healthy and right now she is trying to figure out how to do that. Giving advice or suggestions is one thing but telling her too die? Please get over yourself. Im not really very religious but you need to find jesus or something.
thc

Louisville, KY

#21 Feb 18, 2014
It's actually NOT required by law to drug test pregnant women. It's only done if suspected.
curious mind

Centertown, KY

#22 Feb 18, 2014
I smoked pot while pregnant. My son suffers from extreme ADHD and a nervoud disorder. Doctors say it's linked to smoking marjuana whike pregnant. THC in the womb is toxic to the fetus. I'd guve anything to be able to go back and never have smoked, I was selfish. Put that baby first.
Thanku

United States

#23 Feb 18, 2014
curious mind wrote:
I smoked pot while pregnant. My son suffers from extreme ADHD and a nervoud disorder. Doctors say it's linked to smoking marjuana whike pregnant. THC in the womb is toxic to the fetus. I'd guve anything to be able to go back and never have smoked, I was selfish. Put that baby first.
I'm glad this person posted this for other's to learn from. If this post right here isn't enough to make you want to quit smoking while you are pregnant then I feel sorry for your baby. This should at the very least push you to go to the doctor and explain your situation and see what pregnancy safe seizure drug they can try you on. They may have to switch before finding somethin that works or the first one might work. You'll never know until you try. I really do sympathize with your situation but it's not about you anymore. Your baby's health should come first. Good luck.
atheist

Owensboro, KY

#24 Feb 19, 2014
curious mind wrote:
I call BS. No nonpartisan studies have never linked birth defects to marijuana use and that last sentence you wrote sounds very generic. To the original poster I smoked in my first trimester with both and they are both in high school with good grades. In other countries its alot more common. Don't listen to these ignorant bible thumpers. Especially the one who told you to kill yourself. I bet they all smoke cigarettes but think they are safer because they are legal.
atheist

Owensboro, KY

#25 Feb 19, 2014
I have a dream that one day marijuana smokers will not be stigmatized as they are. I have worked hard all my life. Have a decent house, car. Involved with the PTA. "Pretty" you are not disgusting. These backwards ass hillbillies are.
Really

Bowling Green, KY

#26 Feb 19, 2014
I went to Dr.Good. I was never drugged tested. I didn't do drugs either & still don't. I recommend not to do drugs while pregnant. Your obviously not ready for a baby anyways if you won't drop the drugs & worry about that baby! Time to grow up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melissa Sigman 17 min Michael 20
Preston at hunter Douglass 40 min wanted 2
LGBT gettogether 47 min Grow up 6
Danielle Mills 49 min Jennifer 6
Gator 1 hr Yep 12
jamie sparks 1 hr hmm 2
brentney owsley 1 hr Cazy 6

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance