Jus askin

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Used to b lots of talent but know seems only thing the board cares bout is how much pt their kids get.
Jeff Everett

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Jus askin wrote:
Used to b lots of talent but know seems only thing the board cares bout is how much pt their kids get.
First we are Owensboro Eastern Cal Ripken, second the majority of the board members don't even have kids playing in the majors where most people think about playing time. Third either be helpfull or be quite. If your not part of the solution you are part of the problem. And yes this is my real name if u want to talk I'm at Easterns fields every day from 4-10. Thank you for your support.
jusT sayinG

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Jus askin wrote:
What happened was, they were having refresher courses on spelling and punctuation. You obviously missed it.
jusT sayinG

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Jeff Everett wrote:
<quoted text>First we are Owensboro Eastern Cal Ripken, second the majority of the board members don't even have kids playing in the majors where most people think about playing time. Third either be helpfull or be quite. If your not part of the solution you are part of the problem. And yes this is my real name if u want to talk I'm at Easterns fields every day from 4-10. Thank you for your support.
Aww Jeff, you seem a little butthurt by that post. Did it hit a little too close to home?
Jus askin

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Let me ask u this Jeff y does the majors have a score board that works minor and rookie does not. Why does the majors get chalk on the baseline grass mowed and umpires while the minors and rookie do not. I was there tonight and half the grass was cut at the minor field but the major all manicured. Who takes care of that i think its u. All the kids pay the same so why aren't they all treated the same.
Big Tom

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Jeff I think that might be the problem u r more worried bout what people call the league than how the league is run. Maybe u need to b part of the solution or find some people who will
Old Guy

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Jus askin wrote:
Let me ask u this Jeff y does the majors have a score board that works minor and rookie does not. Why does the majors get chalk on the baseline grass mowed and umpires while the minors and rookie do not. I was there tonight and half the grass was cut at the minor field but the major all manicured. Who takes care of that i think its u. All the kids pay the same so why aren't they all treated the same.
To: "Jus askin", it takes a lot of folks to run a ballpark, they also do this for free. I don't know this Jeff guy, but, I am sure he would be more than willing to let you put some chalk in the bag and mark the field. Heck, I bet he would even let you mow the grass if you felt compelled. Maybe be part of the solution instead of part of the problem. The playground presidents put an enormous amount of volunteer time in for little or no thanks, nor do they expect it. So, if you don't like how it's being run, I suggest you run for the position or roll those sleeves up and help.
Parent

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Tell us Jeff how can us parents run for office at ECRL
Parent

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Guess it is a secret like last yr.
hello

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

They had positions open last year. It was announced and it was posted on a big red posted board to sign your name to for any position. If you want to run, sign your name on the board list.
Parent

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

It was up for an hr. when we arrived it was already down and Evert told us positions r full. So yea it was up but for an hr. come on
Right on

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Each kid paid 25 dollars to play. The teams received crapy equipment I know we had to buy our own catchers gear cause wat we got was held together with tape no joke. We bought our own jerseys and hats. So where is the money. The kids don't even get drinks after the games any more. Gone way down.
Where u at Jeff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

U want to address any of these issues Jeff u ain't got nuttin to say now.
parent of 3

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

How about you come to the concession stand or to the fields on Tuesday night and Michael, Amy, Jeff, Jim, John, or Mike can give you a breakdown of where the money goes. How they elect officers, how the fields are run, who shows up to help cook and prepare the fields and who does what. Better yet how about you come on down and volunteer your time to help do some of this stuff. The board is very few and if anyone is interested in running for a position they are more than welcome. Please remember there are balls to pay for, umps for games that get paid, concession supplies, chalk, insurance, equipment, and much more. I believe there were several teams who decided they wanted their own gear, so they bought it themselves. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to come speak with a member of the board any time from 4-10 Monday through Friday!!!!! I know the board works their ass off for the league and it is run well considering there are only a few of them. My kids have been there for a few years and its people like you all who want to sit around and bitch and complain that make the league go down hill. I say how about let's appreciate them for keeping the league around and for all their hard work instead of bashing them.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Where u at Jeff wrote:
U want to address any of these issues Jeff u ain't got nuttin to say now.
Jeff told you where to find him if you wanted to talk to him about a problem. The problem with Topix is it allows people to talk trash anonymously - which takes no courage or responsibility.
Where u at Jeff

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

parent of 3 wrote:
How about you come to the concession stand or to the fields on Tuesday night and Michael, Amy, Jeff, Jim, John, or Mike can give you a breakdown of where the money goes. How they elect officers, how the fields are run, who shows up to help cook and prepare the fields and who does what. Better yet how about you come on down and volunteer your time to help do some of this stuff. The board is very few and if anyone is interested in running for a position they are more than welcome. Please remember there are balls to pay for, umps for games that get paid, concession supplies, chalk, insurance, equipment, and much more. I believe there were several teams who decided they wanted their own gear, so they bought it themselves. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to come speak with a member of the board any time from 4-10 Monday through Friday!!!!! I know the board works their ass off for the league and it is run well considering there are only a few of them. My kids have been there for a few years and its people like you all who want to sit around and bitch and complain that make the league go down hill. I say how about let's appreciate them for keeping the league around and for all their hard work instead of bashing them.
Your kids must b so proud of the way u use profanity wen speaking to others. Parent of the year. By the way where is the chalk and umps for all the kids.
ibetitssomeyanke eparents

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Quit being the problem and become a part of your leauge.before the games start put your phone away and quit living your life through your phones.and grab a rake or grab the line chalk.or ask can you help out.I bet everyone that is complaining has never once asked could they help.no you sit there trolling topix.to make a leauge work it takes everyone.good day.
glen

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff told you where to find him if you wanted to talk to him about a problem. The problem with Topix is it allows people to talk trash anonymously - which takes no courage or responsibility.
I actually agree with you for the first time ever.
fed up with it all

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

Evertt is the president but jon west makes all the decisions around there. Hell I'm there more than mr. west and i just go to watch my nephew play. plus they don't want help in the concession stand then the parents will know how much they make a night. I'm glad my kids don't play there. they cancel games for a sprinkle so they won't have show up and do anything.
Where u at Jeff

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

Finally someone besides Jeff's flunkies has something to say.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

101 Users are viewing the Owensboro Forum right now

Search the Owensboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min DemocRATS 145,998
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 10 min Ricky Noya 16,114
hottie in neon pink dress 14 min Jesse 2
clint tucker 15 min Hmmmm 4
jesse raped his mom and cat (May '13) 17 min Jesse 2
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 29 min Freaky 81,554
TheRealOldSchool is Jesse the serial spammer!!! (Jan '13) 30 min Jesse 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Owensboro Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000